Gov't/hackers have disabled my sims

1 view

Nomen Nescio

Feb 26, 2023, 1:25:20 AM2/26/23
A Gov't agency and/or hackers have disabled the sim on my local
Smart network Philippines keypad phone. The new law requiring
registration of phones does not go into effect until April, 2023.
Now I have "Emergency calls only". Cannot send nor receive texts.
No, it's not an expiration or load problem. Someone doesn't want me
using a cellphone here. I am at odds with the Gov't here. They
appear to be tracking me and logging my messages, maybe even
listening to me via the mic on the phone. Anyone offer any info on
this? What are my options at this point? Any new phone must be
registered-give them your ID, address,etc. But that is only taking
effect in April. All the Filipinos I know have no problem yet. Can
I use a U.S.
based cellphone sim here? Which one is the cheapest?