Since Verizon Wireless will be shutting down its 3G service after this year end...

Ant

Aug 30, 2020, 11:41:41 PM8/30/20
... I still see old iPhone 6+ (iOS v12.4.8) sometimes use 3G and 1X due to the poor
rural signal locations. What happens when 3G is no more in 2021? Does that mean iPhone
6+ will get no service at all since 3G (and 1X?) is/are missing?

What about voice phone service? Do those use 3G?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), interruptions, stresses, heat waves, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc.
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /

Leo Isenteze

Aug 31, 2020, 6:36:10 PM8/31/20
On 8/30/2020 11:41 PM, Ant wrote:
> ... I still see old iPhone 6+ (iOS v12.4.8) sometimes use 3G and 1X due to the poor
> rural signal locations. What happens when 3G is no more in 2021? Does that mean iPhone
> 6+ will get no service at all since 3G (and 1X?) is/are missing?
>
> What about voice phone service? Do those use 3G?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are both 4G capable devices.

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37295/~/how-to-tell-if-your-iphone-6-is-4g-capable-and-how-to-enable-it/c/5199/

Ant

Aug 31, 2020, 9:07:36 PM8/31/20
In my rural area, iPhone 6+ sometimes go to 3G and 1X. What happens when this happen when Verizon Wireless don't carry those? Would it be 4G LTE or nothing? :(

Ant

Sep 2, 2020, 3:36:53 PM9/2/20
In alt.cellular.verizon Anthony R. Gold <not-fo...@ahjg.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 20:07:29 -0500, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

> >> The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are both 4G capable devices.
> >
> >> https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37295/~/how-to-tell-if-your-iphone-6-is-4g-capable-and-how-to-enable-it/c/5199/
> >
> > In my rural area, iPhone 6+ sometimes go to 3G and 1X. What happens when this happen when Verizon Wireless don't carry those? Would it be 4G LTE or nothing? :(

> I believe it would be LTE or no data but voice over GSM should still be
> available.

Is voice over GSM just voice? I know sometimes non-cellular data connections get no
signal too. :(