Can resetted and unactivated Verizon Wireless phones still make 911 calls?

Ant

Jan 28, 2015, 3:53:07 PM1/28/15
Hello.

I was thinking of (donat/sell/recycl)ing old cell(ular) phones (e.g., LG
Cosmos2 (LGVN251)) after resetting them back to factory defaults (erased
everything too). However, I read and was told that they can still be
useful for emergencies like making 911 calls. Is that true? I don't want
to test it since it is not a true emergency and get in trouble.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you
industrious about?" --Henry David Thoreau