Convert DVD to MKV HD video to keep the high quality

CrayDeng

Nov 19, 2008, 8:11:38 AM11/19/08

Many people complain that when they *convert DVD to video* and watch it
on laptop or PC the quality get bad. *Why this happens?*
An ordinary DVD movie is often 7-8 GB in size, if we convert them to
ordinary video formats the size would be hundreds of MB, so We have to
face this problem that the code compress process would destroy most of
unimportant data and the video quality get bad. *How do we resolve
this issue?*
We can decrease the damage by *converting DVD to MKV and other HD video
formats*. These HD videos are often bigger than standard video and keep
high quality.

OK, let’s discuss it in details:
1. What’s MKV HD video?
2. How to convert DVD to MKV to keep the high quality?
3. How to play MKV HD video on Windows media player?

PART 1: WHAT’S MKV HD VIDEO?

An MKV HD video file is a Matroska file, the Matroska Multimedia
Container is an open standard free Container format . It is similar in
conception to other containers *like AVI, MP4 or ASF*, but is entirely
open in specification, And the size is often much more bigger than
common video for the HD code methods.

PART 2: HOW TO CONVERT DVD TO MKV HD VIDEO TO KEEP THE HIGH QUAITY?

Here I listed a few good *DVD to MKV converters* I found on google,
They all have good output quality, can input DVD disk, DVD folder, IFO,
ISO and support MKV HD video, but you can select a better one with
special feature for your needs.

'*Aimersoft DVD ripper*'
(http://www.aimersoft.com/dvd-ripper.html#114)

This DVD to MKV converter has been upgrade recently and added MT2S, TS,
TP, TRP and MKV HD video formats into its output formats.

[image:
http://www.video-movie-converter.com/images/review/dvd-ripper-sc1.jpg]

Important features:
1. Convert *DVD to MKV, MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MOV, 3GP, 3GPP, MPG, RMVB,
Xvid, ASF, WMA, M4A, MP3, AAC, OGG, MKA, AC3, WAV.* ( Available for
iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, etc)
2. Editing function: video cropping, trimming and effect adjusting;
3. Subtitle and Audio track select.
4. Chapters and Clips selecting, so you can choose any part of the DVD
to convert and “merge into on file”.
5. Conversion speed: 58 minutes. (DVD: Kungfu Panda).

'*HQ DVD To MKV Converter*'
(http://www.mkvconverter.com/HQ-DVD-to-MKV-Concerter.html)

This is a specialized DVD to MKV converter, the output format includes
only MKV, a DVD to MKV converter for the people who have owned other
DVD converters but not include MKV video in their outputs and the price
is cheaper than other comprehensive DVD rippers.

[image:
http://www.video-movie-converter.com/images/review/dvd-to-mkv-converter.jpg]

Important features:
1. *Convert DVD to MKV only.*
2. Subtitle and Audio track select.
3. Conversion speed: 1 hour 18 minutes (DVD: Kungfu Panda)

'*Avaide dvd ripper*' (http://www.avaide.com/dvd-to-mkv-convert.html)

[image:
http://www.video-movie-converter.com/images/review/dvd-ripper-av.jpg]

Important features:
1. *Convert DVD to MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG, 3GP, MP3, AAC,
OGG, WMA for iPod, PSP, Zune, etc.*
2. Chapters selecting; Time trimming to select any part of the DVD.
3. Conversion speed: 1 hour 37 minutes. (DVD: Kungfu Panda)

In summarize, if you already got one comprehensive DVD converter but
doesn’t support MKV format, HQ DVD to MKV converter ($19.95) can help
you save more $; Aimersoft DVD ripper ($35) has the fastest conversion
speed and more editing function for users; Of cause, if you don’t care
too much about these two features and want to spend less dollars Avaide
dvd ripper ($29.95) is also a good choice for the same good output
quality.
OK, choose one to convert DVD to MKV HD video, then I will tell you
how to play MKV in Windows Media Player.

*Part 3: How to play MKV on Windows media player?*

Many people who download a HD video file with the extension MKV will
often try to play it back with video player software they have
installed on their systems. Most of the time this doesn't work.
As it is based on *DirectShow* Windows Media Player will play back MKV
HD video files perfectly if you have the proper codecs and filters
installed. A great help here is the *Matroska Pack*. This pack is an
ideal solution for new users as it installs pretty much all you will
need to play MKV HD video files.

You can get more details and download the Matraoka Pack from its
official site:
http://www.matroska.org/

Finally, I’m not a expert in digital area, so some resources in this
article were collected from other professional site such as
Wikipedia.com and afterdawn.com.
Any valuable advices would be great. Enjoy ;)

--
CrayDeng

CrayDeng

Nov 26, 2008, 5:02:36 AM11/26/08

Nice share bro, it keeps the DVD high quality in the video, bunch of
thanks

And I found Aimersoft is promoting some freeware for thanksgiving :D

share it here: http://www.aimersoft.com/special-offers.html#114

Happy thanksgiving Day !

--
CrayDeng

sundayfat

Dec 4, 2008, 4:31:49 AM12/4/08

DO YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR DVD MOVIES ON YOUR IPOD?
DO YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR VIDEOS ON YOUR IPOD?
DO YOU WANT TO BACKUP YOUR IPOD SONGS AND VIDEOS ON YOUR COMPUTER?

USE AISEESOFT 'DVD TO IPOD SUITE'
(HTTP://WWW.AISEESOFT.COM/DVD-TO-IPOD-SUITE.HTML).

IT INCLUDES[/B]
A AISEESOFT DVD TO IPOD COVNERTER
A AISEESOFT IPOD MOVIE CONVERTER
A AISEESOFT IPOD TO COUMPUTER TRANSFER

FREE DOWNLOAD: HTTP://WWW.AISEESOFT.COM/DOWNLOAD/DVD-TO-IPOD-SUITE.EXE

[image:
HTTP://WWW.AISEESOFT.COM/IMAGES/GUIDE/DVD-TO-IPOD-SUITE-NEW.JPG]

[B]1. CONVERT DVD TO IPOD AND ANY VIDEO/AUDIO TO MP4/H.264
It could easily convert DVD to iPod Touch and video/audio files to MP4,
H.264, MP3, M4A, AAC with excellent speed and quality.

2. PROFESSIONAL FUNCTION OF AUDIO CONVERTER
It can convert MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI, WMA, M4A, RA, RAM to
iPod M4A/AAC/MP3 audio files.

3. TRANSFER MUSIC AND VIDEO FROM IPOD TO COMPUTER
It can transfer songs from iPod to computer. And help you backup iPod
video/audio files to PC, then you could transfer the video/music to
another iPod or iPhone.

4. EASY AND POWERFUL EDITING FUNCTION (MERGE, TRIM, CROP)
It offers powerful editing functions such as merging multiple DVD
chapters, titles or different videos files into one file, trimming any
clip of video or DVD, cropping video size and so forth.

--
sundayfat

wenling85

Dec 5, 2008, 4:35:00 AM12/5/08

thanks for sharing. woo, I have used aimersoft before and it is really
reliable.

--
wenling85

wenling85

Dec 16, 2008, 4:20:36 AM12/16/08

thanks for sharing. and I found 'iskysoft video converter'
(http://www.hd-dvd-ripper.net/video-converter.html#117) is also a good
tool.

Also, I notice that aimersoft has release its
'aimersoft mkv converter'
(http://www.aimersoft.com/mkv-converter.html#114)

You may have a try.

--
wenling85

sandra.r...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2008, 2:47:26 PM12/18/08
On Dec 4, 11:31 am, sundayfat <sundayfat.37d8...@mobile-forum.co.uk>
wrote:

...and if you're looking for completely FREE CD/DVD & Blu-Ray/HD-DVD
burning application you're welcomed to give a try to [url=http://
rocketdivision.com/starburn.html]StarBurn[/url] from [url=http://
rocketdivision.com]Rocket Division Software[/url]. Just in case here's
an URL: http://www.rocketdivision.com/starburn.html

Thanks!

Sandra Reeves

kayla...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2013, 2:16:19 AM8/28/13
To deal with various video/blu-ray/dvd/audio problems, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is the solution. It is all-in-one software and can solve almost all video problems. It converts DVD to HD mkv with ease.
http://www.aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/