Have you received one of these?

1 view

Cameo

Sep 1, 2021, 1:27:08 PM9/1/21
I've just got it today, supposedly from T-Mobile:

Dear Customer,

T-Mobile has determined that unauthorized access to some T-Mobile data
has occurred. We have no evidence that your debit/credit card
information was compromised. We take protection of our customers
seriously and we are taking action to protect your T-Mobile account.

Effective August 18, 2021, we have reset your account PIN to a randomly
generated number. Since your wireless product does not receive text
messages or our text message failed, you will need to contact our
Customer Care team at 1-877-778-2106 to reset this PIN to your preferred
6-digit code.

--------------------------------

I get suspicious about such impersonal emails and I am still able to
access my T-Mobile account with a web browser, but I don't need any PIN
for that. Besides, where would I need a PIN besides Voice Mail? I don't
even remember ever having one.

As I am in Europe right now where I use a local SIM card instead of my
T-Mo card, I am not surprised nobody could reach me through my T-Mo
number and the local phone co. would charge me an arm & leg for a call
to the US or even for receiving one. I do turn on my T-Mo SIM card once
a month though for a few days when I expect T-Mo text messages reminding
me about my monthly subscription.

Lance

Sep 1, 2021, 2:16:53 PM9/1/21
Cameo wrote on 2021-09-01 10:27:
> I've just got it today, supposedly from T-Mobile:
>
> Dear Customer,
>
> T-Mobile has determined that unauthorized access to some T-Mobile data
> has occurred. We have no evidence that your debit/credit card
> information was compromised. We take protection of our customers
> seriously and we are taking action to protect your T-Mobile account.

It may be related to T-mobile's latest data breach:
https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-hacking-fce56107ed5982bbbbc6b1acdefb5ebc

Cameo

Sep 1, 2021, 5:58:45 PM9/1/21
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this but it looks like we are
talking about the same thing. I'll call that number using an internet
connection.

Cameo

Sep 8, 2021, 3:05:45 PM9/8/21
On 9/8/2021 9:08 AM, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 19:27:05 +0200, Cameo <ca...@unreal.invalid> wrote:
>
>> As I am in Europe right now where I use a local SIM card instead of my
>> T-Mo card, I am not surprised nobody could reach me through my T-Mo
>> number and the local phone co. would charge me an arm & leg for a call
>> to the US or even for receiving one. I do turn on my T-Mo SIM card once
>> a month though for a few days when I expect T-Mo text messages reminding
>> me about my monthly subscription.
>
> European SIMs receive calls and texts for free.

My carrier must not have gotten the message.

Cameo

Sep 8, 2021, 3:12:06 PM9/8/21
I should correct it: the US carrier T-Mobile charges for any calls and
texts that cross to and from my local carrier.