Getting "Not connected to network" frequently ?

(PeteCresswell)

Sep 7, 2017, 11:34:29 AM9/7/17
Used to be I would get "Not connected to network" when I was in a
certain room of my house where the outside walls were stucco over
chicken wire (i.e. the room was a Faraday cage).

All well and good - expected even.

But last several weeks (maybe even months) the phone seems to be
spending more time off the network than on it.

Seems like it takes a phone restart and being in the right place at the
right time to get reconnected to the tMob network.

Samsung Note-4.

Paoli PA - about 23 miles West of Philadelphia.

Has anybody else been seeing this lately?
--
Pete Cresswell

Elmo P. Shagnasty

Sep 8, 2017, 5:56:25 AM9/8/17
Huh. I saw this just the other day, while walking the streets of
downtown. And then driving home.

Restart didn't fix it. I had to power down, wait a minute, and then
turn on the phone. Could have been coincidence, or could have been
that a full power down does something different than a restart. Don't
know.

(PeteCresswell)

Sep 9, 2017, 4:16:04 PM9/9/17
Per Elmo P. Shagnasty:
>...or could have been
>that a full power down does something different than a restart.

Good observation. I will try powering down and waiting from here on in
and see if it helps.
--
Pete Cresswell

danny burstein

Sep 9, 2017, 10:15:36 PM9/9/17
Also, I've had a bunch of occassions where... the phone battery
display says it's 15 pct or so, but it won't work...

Charging it a bit higher and everything's fine.

dan...@panix.com