Voice Calls

tb

Jan 7, 2022, 6:22:28 PM1/7/22
With T-Mobile scheduled to turn off 3G service, I am getting confused
as to what I need to do in order to get/place voice calls in the future.

My cell phone has the ability of using 4G bands. My cell phone plan
(T-Mobile Legacy Pay-As-You-Go) has voice/text but no data.

Do I need to get a plan with data in order to receive and place voice
calls in the future? I am no talking about voice calls through the
internet (such as Whatsapp). I am talking about through the cellular
network.

--
tb

nospam

Jan 7, 2022, 6:27:40 PM1/7/22
In article <xn0nclfp...@news.eternal-september.org>, tb
<nos...@example.invalid> wrote:

> With T-Mobile scheduled to turn off 3G service, I am getting confused
> as to what I need to do in order to get/place voice calls in the future.

nothing. your phone will continue to work as it did before.

> My cell phone has the ability of using 4G bands. My cell phone plan
> (T-Mobile Legacy Pay-As-You-Go) has voice/text but no data.

then it's already using 4g/lte.

> Do I need to get a plan with data in order to receive and place voice
> calls in the future? I am no talking about voice calls through the
> internet (such as Whatsapp). I am talking about through the cellular
> network.

no.

tb

Jan 7, 2022, 10:19:11 PM1/7/22
On 1/7/22 5:27 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <xn0nclfp...@news.eternal-september.org>, tb
> <nos...@example.invalid> wrote:
>
>> With T-Mobile scheduled to turn off 3G service, I am getting confused
>> as to what I need to do in order to get/place voice calls in the future.
>
> nothing. your phone will continue to work as it did before.
>
>> My cell phone has the ability of using 4G bands. My cell phone plan
>> (T-Mobile Legacy Pay-As-You-Go) has voice/text but no data.
>
> then it's already using 4g/lte.
>
>> Do I need to get a plan with data in order to receive and place voice
>> calls in the future? I am not talking about voice calls through the
>> internet (such as Whatsapp). I am talking about through the cellular
>> network.
>
> no.

I also have a 2G/3G phone. Will I be able to use that for voice calls
with a plan that has no data?

--
tb

nospam

Jan 8, 2022, 8:34:07 AM1/8/22
In article <sravrd$b8c$1...@dont-email.me>, tb <nos...@example.invalid>
wrote:

> I also have a 2G/3G phone. Will I be able to use that for voice calls
> with a plan that has no data?

yep, but only if there's 2g/3g service.

3g is scheduled to be turned off this july. the 2g shutdown has no
official end date, but it's not going to be much beyond that.

<https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-network-evolution>