WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

George

Jan 28, 2023, 12:50:20 PM1/28/23
I'm only slightly tech savvy, so I hope someone can help me figure out
how to fix the following.

When my phone shows that wi-fi is connected to my HOME wi-fi, then
WhatsApp VIDEO calls will not connect, neither incoming nor outgoing.
Phone will attempt to connect/ring once or twice, then disconnects.

There is no problem using the home wi-fi to receive or make WhatsApp
VOICE calls, nor with WhatsApp MESSAGES via the home wi-fi, the problem
is limited to WhatsApp VIDEO calls using the home wi-fi.

ALL OTHER APPS on the phone that require internet, work perfectly with
the home wi-fi connection. AND . . . the home wif-fi works without any
problem on my Windows 10 laptop (even on an old Windows XP laptop). In
short, the problem is limited to WhatsApp VIDEO calls using the home
wi-fi connection.

In addition to the home network name showing on the phone, under
"Available networks" there is "xfinitywifi" and "XFINITY", which I
understand are home hotspots. If I change the network from the home
wi-fi to "xfinitywifi", then WhatsApp video calls WILL go thru, both
incoming and outgoing.

But I prefer to use the home wi-fi connection for WhatsApp video calls,
so am posting this on both alt.online-service.comcast and on
alt.cellular.t-mobile with the hope someone might know the fix for the
problem.

I already tried without success:

Uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp

Restarting the phone

Completely powering off the phone for several minutes

Powering off the Xfinity modem for several minutes

TIA for any pointers, suggestions, tips.

George

P.S. The Xfinity modem is an Arris TG1682G, and the phone is a Samsung
Galaxy S22 thru T-Mobile.