Legacy Prepaid: Lower priority tower-wise?

(PeteCresswell)

Aug 19, 2018, 2:00:35 PM8/19/18
Recently had the chance to lay my Note 4 (on legacy prepaid) next to a
Samsung S8 on a conventional monthly account. Both, of course tMob.

My legacy account's phone signal strength was consistently between -107 and
-113 dB while the monthly phone's was in the high eighties.

Beeeeg diff - as in "Very Low" vs "Good" per the signal strength app used to
display the numbers.

I guess that could be explained by superior phone hardware.

But, before I drop close to a grand on a new phone, I have to wonder if it
could be the difference in account types.

Can anybody shed some light?
--
Pete Cresswell