More than one handset per cell number

daniel cairns

Jul 30, 2016, 6:08:51 PM7/30/16
I've yet to see or hear a descent answer to my question: how come we can't have more than one phone per mobile number? Similar to having a landline service where you can have one, two or a dozen handsets if you please. I thought of it again this morning when my iPhone was charging and I wanted to take my phone outdoors with me. I must know. TIA
Daniel

Fred McKenzie

Jul 31, 2016, 1:17:05 PM7/31/16
In article <c0e7d542-c094-42dc...@googlegroups.com>,
Daniel-

It is not the same as having extensions on your landline telephone,
since there is only one line. The mobile phone requires a separate
wireless "line" for each handset.

Your provider may not allow more than one phone, but I see no reason it
could not be done. Each phone would require a unique identifier or MAC
address, but the phone company's computer should be able to keep it
straight.

And they can charge you more for additional mobile phones! Have you
contacted your provider to see if they offer the service?

Fred

daniel cairns

Jul 31, 2016, 2:28:39 PM7/31/16
Thanks Fred, I asked some time ago and no one could address my question. I keep getting complicated answers. I can't be the only person who would want more than one phone. In fact I've never heard it discussed ever. A man can dream.
DC

Dane Beko

Aug 1, 2016, 11:13:28 PM8/1/16
daniel cairns <cairns...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've yet to see or hear a descent answer to my question: how come
> we can't = have more than one phone per mobile number? Similar to
> having a landline se= rvice where you can have one, two or a dozen
> handsets if you please. I thou= ght of it again this morning when
> my iPhone was charging and I wanted to ta= ke my phone outdoors
> with me. I must know. TIA=20

I've seen cell phones with two phone numbers but never multiple phones
with the same cell phone number. I'm sure that it's technically
possible but for whatever reason, the cell phone companies don't want
to do it.