6230 Internet access over Bluetooth

ChrisM

Jul 26, 2004, 7:51:52 AM7/26/04

I've been look around/asking but can't seem to get a definitive answer here.

If my 6230 is in BT range of my PC at home, is it possible to download
email/surf the web etc. using my PCs broadband connection via bluetooth?

If it is, could some kind soul let me know how to set this up.

Also, if anyone has any good links that explain how GPRS and Bluetooth work
from a (fairly simple) technological point of view, that would be useful
too.

Many thanks in advance,

ChrisM.

martin f. krafft

Jul 28, 2004, 4:42:49 AM7/28/04
On 2004-07-26, ChrisM <chris_maye...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If my 6230 is in BT range of my PC at home, is it possible to download
> email/surf the web etc. using my PCs broadband connection via bluetooth?

I am dying to know too, but so far been lead to believe that no,
it's not possible. I would say the providers lobbied that feature
out of the phone to enhance their overpriced GRPS sales.

-m

ChrisM

Jul 28, 2004, 5:09:08 AM7/28/04

"martin f. krafft" <alt.cellu...@usenet.madduck.net> wrote in message

Hmmm, I've been told that it can definitely done with 'Symbian' phones, but
maybe that's because they can run a larger more flexable range of
software(?)

I have been give one (fairly vague) suggestion by someone in another group,
I'll give it a try over the next week or so, and if I get any joy, I'll post
my findings back here.

Cheers,

ChrisM.

martin f. krafft

Jul 28, 2004, 5:42:16 AM7/28/04
On 2004-07-28, ChrisM <chris_maye...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, I've been told that it can definitely done with 'Symbian'
> phones, but maybe that's because they can run a larger more
> flexable range of software(?)

so please excuse my ignorance, but is the 62309 a symbian phone???

> I have been give one (fairly vague) suggestion by someone in
> another group, I'll give it a try over the next week or so, and if
> I get any joy, I'll post my findings back here.

great. please don't forget to try. :)

-m

vortex

Jul 28, 2004, 9:50:12 AM7/28/04
martin f. krafft wrote:

> On 2004-07-28, ChrisM <chris_maye...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hmmm, I've been told that it can definitely done with 'Symbian'
>>phones, but maybe that's because they can run a larger more
>>flexable range of software(?)
>

> so please excuse my ignorance, but is the 62309 a symbian phone???

6230 - Nope