problems with Nokia Lumia's camera..

1 view

danny burstein

May 24, 2020, 12:25:45 PM5/24/20
I may have mentioned my use of a Nokia Windows phone,
model 950. Yeah, it's a few years old and they've
both gotten out of the business, but there's a lot
I like about it.

First problem: two weeks ago the phone locked up
while in the process of updating. The display
showed the "update in process" gears turning, then
after 15 seconds the camera rebooted, gears reappeared,
reboot... rinse, lather, repeat.

Tried all the various options including battery removal,
secret key strokes, etc. No good.

Finally I d'led the super special Nokia Factory
Restore program which.. required a fucking Windows
system, and wouldn't work with my WinBook, so I
had to put on a hazmat suit, etc., and then proceeded.

(modulo the usual shit of losing the messages, etc. but)
it mostly worked.

This morning we tried using the camera. When I we pressed
the tile/button, it replied with an error message that
"We need your permission... privacy.. settings... to
allow this app to use your camera and microphone.."

Oh, "error code: 0xA00F4245(0x8007005)" [a]

So natch, there's NO FUCKING WAY to tell the
phone to let the camera use the microphone.

Oh, and when I went to the camera applications,
I saw it had been updated on 5/21/2020 and that
the "uninstall" button was greened out and
didn't do diddly squat. Nor did the similarly
greened out "reset" option.

Damn you, damn you all to hell.

dan...@panix.com