SF or Trade: HP700LX Palmtop/GSM system

zocoloco

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

FS: HP700LX palmtop/GMS system

No many in the US. Great palmtop computer, ideal for someone living in
one of the new GSM (PCS) markets throughout the US. Only 9 months old,
in excellent condition, with all original manuals, packaging, etc. In
addition to the software below that comes on it, I have other DOS
software loaded in it including communication software and games. (lots
loaded on the 10MB Flashdisk) Other acessories I have are the HP
connectivity kit to connect to a Macintosh computer, a leather shoulder
strap case, and a SunDisk 10MB Flash Card. I have the Nokia 2190 phone
available too, or will sell it without the phone (you can purchase this
readily in your GSM market...or may already have one), deduct $100.
Price is $600.

Will consider trades... here are things I am looking for. If your item
is less expensive, the trade would be trade plus cash. If your item is
more expensive, the trade would be HP plus I pay you cash:

9.1GB AV Wide drive for multimedia (MAC)
CDR Recorder, or combo CDR /jaz unit (MAC)
Firewire Digital input card (Mac)
Analog Video input PCI (like Media 100 or Targa)
Digital Camera
REX card
Audiomedia III Card
DAT Deck

Possibly other items...tell me what you have
E-mail me if you are interested or have questions. Here is some info
about the unit:
—-?-?-—

With voice, fax, SMS, e-mail and powerful PIM functions, the HP OmniGo
700LX communicator plus is more than a business communicator. It’s your
mobile business center.

This revolutionary business tool helps today’s professionals stay
connected and in touch. It combines HP’s award-winning HP 200LX palmtop
PC and Nokia’s cellular phone
technology, giving you the power of communication in a portable,
convenient,
easy-to-use configuration. Dock a Nokia compatible cellular phone and
immediately send or receive short messages and faxes. Dial into your
e-mail wirelessly from an airport halfway around the world. Fax a
confidential proposal from your hotel lobby. Manage your appointments.
Compose memos on the go. Work on Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets anytime. With
the HP OmniGo 700LX communicator, there are no limits to what you can
do.

Communication
Create, send, receive and forward faxes wirelessly.
Send messages up to 160 characters long using the Short Message
Service(SMS)
Connect to your home network to access e-mail, transfer files or
browse the Internet.
Hot button connect to your home cc:Mail network to send and receive
e-mail messages.

Business Management
Schedule appointments and create to-do lists. Get daily, weekly,
monthly or 6-month
views of your calendar. Select visual or audio
appointment alarms.
Store names, addresses and phone numbers. Seamlessly integrated with
fax and SMS
applications.
Create and edit notes and reminders on the Note Taker and Memo
Editor.
Setup and access databases.
Manage your finances with Pocket Quicken.
Take spreadsheets with you on-the-go with Lotus 1-2-3.
Solve financial and technical problems with the HP financial
calculator.
Run DOS-based applications from plug-in cards, or by downloading
from a PC.
Print to IrDA-compliant printers.

Nokia Components
Embedded Nokia Cellular Data Card.
Nokia cellular phone docking station.

Physical specifications
Dimensions: 8.7 x 18.3 x 5.7 cm(3.6 x 7.3 x 1.8 in).
Weight: 397g (14oz) with batteries.
Communications
Fax: supports EIA/TIA class 2 PC fax standard to group 3 compatible
fax machines.
SMS: designed to the standard ETSI 07.05SMS protocol for support of
SMS messages
of up to 160 characters long.
DataComm: support built-in standard terminal emulators, file
transfer and e-mail
applications at data rates up to 9600 bps uncompressed (scripting
capability included).
Voice communication: using removable Nokia compatible cellular phone
(phone sold separately).
cc:Mail Mobile: with remote address book update.
PC connectivity: Travelling Software’s Laplink remote access
(required HP F1021C
connectivity pack).
Built-in Application
MS-DOS 5.0
Pocket Quicken
Lotus 1-2-3 release 2.4
Calendars
Appointment Book
Phone Book
Notetaker
Database
Simple text processor with outlining and
formatting
World time and Stopwatch
Advanced HP calculator
Memory
4 MB ROM containing built-in software.
2 MB of self-refreshed DRAM.
Type II PCMCIA slot with optional 5 MB.
10MB, 20MB or 40 MB disk card (includes data
compression software).
Display
CGA - compatible FSTN display.
640 x 200 pixels.
80 column x 25 rows.
zoom option.

Central processing unit
IBM PC/XT architecture.
80186 CPU running at 7.9 Mhz.

Keyboard/Other Product Features
Familiar QWERTY layout.
Separate numeric keypad.
10 function keys.
8 software application access keys.

Input/Output
Built-in 9-wire serial interfaces for connection
to RS 232 devices.
Built-in infrared port.
Built-in printer driver supporting these serial
printer types: HP Laserjet and Epson FX 80.
IBM pro printer.
Optional HP F1021B connectivity pack for file
transfer between HP OmniGo 700 LX and a MS-DOS-compatible PC.
Power
Two 1.2V AA Ni Cd rechargeable batteries (option
for two 1.5V AA alkaline single use batteries).
One CR2032 lithium backup battery.

freshnew...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2017, 1:28:55 AM2/10/17
I just gave a wire question