e-notes trial period

Roger 2k

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Scott,

I for one stayed away from that "yes" because I didn't want to loose access
to my 'AirNote' account, the one that @stream was originally based on.

Well, it turns out that AirNote quit forwarding messages to my PCS and other
e-mail accounts. When I called in to check the status of the messages that
didn't get sent it said 'Terminated.'

I finally said yes after I realized it didn't do me any good to keep
avoiding that question anyway.

Last night I talked to VoiceStream and found out that I am still paying the
$8.00 a month for text messaging. I know I don't have to do that anymore,
but with the 8¢ a message over the first 75, I think I'll come out ahead by
paying for 500 instead.

After saying 'yes' you get the ability to change all sort of things on your
e-notes, but you STILL don't get a way to say don't deliver via e-notes but
send to ByeDesk instead. Sure ByeDesk takes about 45-50 seconds longer, but
the 16 character subject limitation on the e-notes renders the e-notes
worthless to me about 90% of the time! UGH.

Roger

Scott Austin wrote in message ...
>Does anyone know if click "yes" to accept the 2 month free trial of
>e-notes will constitute changing my Aerial service plan to a VoiceStream
>plan?
>
>I'd like to get in and see what I can do with the web interface, but I'm
>not ready to officially change to VStrm, and besides I'm enjoying using
>their SMS-email gate from my current Aerial account.
>
>Scott

Roger 2k

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Scott,

The options given you after you sign up are:

Change your nickname
Your address is automatically set up as your VoiceStream
phone#@voicestream.net (55522...@voicestream.net). You have the option of
changing this to a unique and fun address of your choice (e.g.,
joh...@voicestream.net).

Mobile Address book
Make a nickname for E-Mail addresses you use often. For example, you can set
up a shorter, easier to type nickname for
"firstname...@whereyouwork.com".

Send a message
You may send a message to anyone with an E-Mail address or VoiceStream
phone.

Help
Includes step by step instructions on how to originate, send and receive
short E-Mail messages.

Filters (Delivery control)
This tool gives you greater control over which E-Mail is forwarded to
another E-Mail address. For example, you may set up filters that:

1. Allow you to send a copy of all E-Mail messages from "Tom" to another
E-Mail address.

2. Allow you to send a copy of all E-Mail messages with a subject that does
not include the term "urgent" to another E-Mail address.

3. Send a copy of all your messages to another E-Mail address by setting up
a filter with the "@" symbol in the "From" field.

------- end of cut and paste ----

The Filters are really limited pretty bad compared to what @stream used to
offer. About all they can really do is forward to another e-mail account
with certain criteria.

But the Mobile address book is pretty cool. Since I basically use one
address and then have that address send it to the people listed in the
subject, I really like being able to send e-mail with just a single letter
instead of a complete e-mail address.

Roger

Scott Austin wrote in message

>In article <q1sZ4.9582$Zm5.6...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

>"Roger 2k" <NoSpam...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Scott,
>>
>> I for one stayed away from that "yes" because I didn't want to loose
>> access
>> to my 'AirNote' account, the one that @stream was originally based on.
>>

>> After saying 'yes' you get the ability to change all sort of things on
>> your

>> e-notes.

>> Roger
>>

>> Scott Austin wrote in message ...
>> >Does anyone know if click "yes" to accept the 2 month free trial of
>> >e-notes will constitute changing my Aerial service plan to a VoiceStream
>> >plan?
>

>Looks like I waited to long to try out the 60 day trial - they seem to
>have updated their accounting to the point that the web site can tell
>that I'm not on a VoiceStream plan. Now when I go to the e-notes
>section of the my messages section of the myvoicestream.com site, where
>it used to say:
>"click yes to try free for 60 days"
>now it says:
>"Contact your VoiceStream account administrator if would like to sign up
>for E-notes and InfoStream and get the next 60 days free of charge. "
>
>Anyone care to provide details on what you can change using the web
>interface once you officially sign up for e-notes?
>
>Scott
>
>--
>for email make my domain att dot net

Oh mi

Jul 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/28/00
My account is expired too but I still get the weather updates and my
other email is still working.

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:02:34 GMT, "Roger 2k" <NoSpam...@att.net>

xxjessic...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2020, 9:37:34 AM7/22/20