Re: Can someone identify this?

fri...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2015, 1:32:01 PM6/11/15
this is TOFU ;-)

I believe after 15 years you probably found out, but this is for future generations.

What you have / had / have had seems to be the sending / receiving part of the "Motorola International 1000" one of the very first GSM mobile phones from 1992 / 1993. Since the MODEL states "B" has its last character it is said to accept todays (2015) sim cards (5,3.3,1.8 volt) using the full-size credit card format.

The D-SUB 25 connector connects either to some adapter for some built-in car appliance or a carry-around-and-show-off-box where the battery, the antenna and the receiver are connected.

"CEPT" Value is now known as "IMEI".

Am Mittwoch, 22. Dezember 1999 09:00:00 UTC+1 schrieb Nedic Vojislav:
> I've got from a friend, what I think is GSM modem from Motorola, black
> box with DB25 and antenna connector. On the other side is slot for GSM
> card.
>
> I don't have any information about that product. On Motorola site there
> wasn't any informations about that model. It's too old for them I guess.
>
> It has written on itself:
>
> Package: S2600BAF Model: CCUF2170B MSN: 910RTUC159
>
> CEPT GSM: 450017 49 197533 0
>
> It's made in Germany.
>
> If anyone recognizes smth in those numbers, please contact me, because
> I would like to know what did I get and how can I use it. Any data about
> it is good.
>
> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.
>
> Woja.

owexo...@gmail.com

May 6, 2017, 3:54:53 PM5/6/17
After more years I can say this device WORKS even today :)

still, i need a new display and it seems I cannot find one :(

onke...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2018, 9:44:37 PM7/11/18
still need one?