Q.: GoPhone activation options?

1 view

tlvp

Jul 20, 2014, 12:07:35 PM7/20/14
I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?

And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.

Many thanks for helpful advice. Cheers, -- tlvp

tlvp

Jul 30, 2014, 10:20:35 PM7/30/14
Said sale may be over now, but anyway Callingmart from time to time has a
10% off offer on the GoPhone refills they sell. HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

nospam

Aug 4, 2014, 7:52:43 PM8/4/14
In article <1linnyhk8p4sg.1...@40tude.net>, tlvp
<mPiOsUcB...@att.net> wrote:

> I think I'm being tempted by the Nokia Lumia 520 at&t GoPhone's current
> reduced sale price. Alas, that WinPhone 8 handset comes "locked to AT&T",
> so will that mean any at&t MVNO will be able to activate it for me? Or only
> a select few (and if so, which?) of them? Or only at&t itself/themselves?

locked at&t phones will work on at&t mvnos.

as far as the phone is concerned, it's at&t.

> And: any hints what at&t's unlock policy is? after 60 days service? after 6
> months of service? at once? never? Different CS reps tell different tales.

i don't know what the official policy is, but keep calling until you
get an answer you like.