Voicemail Indicator won't turn off

at keith elkin dot com@removethis.com Keith Elkin

Oct 26, 2002, 11:45:36 AM10/26/02
Anyone else having this problem? I called AT&T Wireless CS, it took 45
minutes for them to believe me that it was even my VM indicator. The T68
has an envelope with a reel to reel icon to indicate "You have received a
voice mail message", but they swear to me that they have no information
about an icon that looks like that. Only a regular envelope. I explained
that this is the icon that I always get when I have new voicemail, and it's
picture is on page 90 of the manual. They didn't have a manual to look at
to verify. So anyway, an hour later, I still have this stupid icon on my
screen and there are 0 voice messages in my mailbox. Ugh..

Chris S

Oct 26, 2002, 1:31:45 PM10/26/02
Send yourself a voicemail, then call your voicemail and listen/delete;
that should clear it. I think this is an infrequent problem that
happens with all/many vm systems. If it happens all the time, then
you've got a bigger problem!

===========
Reply to cschofie at domain dot com
Change domain to attbi to reply - Thanks

at keith elkin dot com@removethis.com Keith Elkin

Oct 26, 2002, 1:37:25 PM10/26/02
I've already done that.. I've also:

Turned phone off for several hours with SIM out, reinserted SIM and turned
phone on.
Cleared all items(cache, PW cache, push inbox, voicemails, SMS messages,
etc..)
AT&T even disabled my voicemail indicator from their side somehow, yet the
indictor re-appears when I turn the phone on.

"Chris S" <seeb...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

F1

Oct 26, 2002, 4:53:11 PM10/26/02
I've also heard that you need to hit the * to get out of the menu after you
delete the message, instead of just ending the call. This seems to help
some users.
"Keith Elkin" <keith at keith elkin dot c...@removethis.com> wrote in message

Andrew Amsel

Oct 27, 2002, 2:18:29 AM10/27/02
YES, I had the same problem on the same phone (before I ditched GSM
and went back to TDMA) and THAT IS the solution. Leave yourself one or
two voicemails, call and retrieve them, and then "back out" of the
system using the asterisk. That is what ATTWS told me when I had the
T68i and it worked first time.
Andrew

moon

Nov 5, 2002, 7:09:11 PM11/5/02
still have the problem here, attws can't fix it

"Andrew Amsel" <aam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

moon

Nov 5, 2002, 7:09:53 PM11/5/02
i have the problem as well

"Keith Elkin" <keith at keith elkin dot c...@removethis.com> wrote in message

BladeII

Nov 6, 2002, 10:22:01 AM11/6/02
This worked for me:

Call your phone two times and leave two voice messages.

Check your voice mail and delete them from your cell phone.

When you are done press "*" key to exit the voice mail system.

Delete your SMS messages.

In less then 15 seconds the voicemail icon should go away

Frustrating, and painfiull, I know!

"moon" <mo...@moon.net> wrote in message

moon

Nov 10, 2002, 7:46:57 AM11/10/02
got a new s46, problem is indicator does not work well if at all in tdma
you need to go back to gsm mode and then get another message, then you can
delete in gsm, not tdma

BOTTOM LINE, GSM WORKS FINE, BUT COVERAGE IS SO POOR WITH NO ROAMING, STICK
WITH TDMA FOR A WHILE

"BladeII" <bladeII...@thank.you.com> wrote in message

amyp...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2017, 7:22:03 PM12/1/17
Call your voicemail.
Change personal options.
Set message indicator to off.
Disconnect/hangup by the Verizon is the star key.
Go to settings icon on your phone.
Go to app setting.
Go to phone icon.
Force stop.