Apple's Sole Main Processor Supplier Just Got Hit With a Computer Virus

Nomen Nescio

Aug 5, 2018, 12:32:40 AM8/5/18
<https://gizmodo.com/apples-sole-main-processor-supplier-just-
got-hit-with-a-1828109094>

But, but Apple computers are invincible and never get viruses.
Right?

Your Name

Aug 5, 2018, 2:06:54 AM8/5/18
On 2018-08-05 04:17:59 +0000, Nomen Nescio said:

> <https://gizmodo.com/apples-sole-main-processor-supplier-just-got-hit-with-a-1828109094>
>

> But, but Apple computers are invincible and never get viruses.
> Right?

The virus affected the computers controlling the production line, not
the chips being produced for Apple ... but as always, don't let little
things like the actual facts get in the way of your idiotic anti-Apple
nutter crusade.

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 6:51:42 AM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Your Name wrote
(in article <pk645s$o88$1...@adenine.netfront.net>):

> On 2018-08-05 04:17:59 +0000, Nomen Nescio said:
> >
> > <https://gizmodo.com/apples-sole-main-processor-supplier-just-got-hit-with-a
> > -1828109094>

make up your mind.If it’s the _main_ processor supplier, that means that
there are others, so it can’t be the _sole_ supplier. God-damn, but
you’re a cretin, and so are the cunts you’re quoting.

> > But, but Apple computers are invincible and never get viruses.
> > Right?
>
> The virus affected the computers controlling the production line, not
> the chips being produced for Apple ... but as always, don't let little
> things like the actual facts get in the way of your idiotic anti-Apple
> nutter crusade.

Just killfile the cretin. I did. If you hadn’t replied to it’s stupidity
I’d never have seen it.

Alan Baker

Aug 5, 2018, 12:34:18 PM8/5/18
On 2018-08-05 3:51 AM, Wolffan wrote:
> On 05 Aug 2018, Your Name wrote
> (in article <pk645s$o88$1...@adenine.netfront.net>):
>
>> On 2018-08-05 04:17:59 +0000, Nomen Nescio said:
>>>
>>> <https://gizmodo.com/apples-sole-main-processor-supplier-just-got-hit-with-a
>>> -1828109094>
>
> make up your mind.If it’s the _main_ processor supplier, that means that
> there are others, so it can’t be the _sole_ supplier. God-damn, but
> you’re a cretin, and so are the cunts you’re quoting.

You're not realizing that the word "main" has two possible meanings in
the phrase "main processor supplier"

1. The main supplier of processors. Your interpretation.

2. The supplier of main processors as opposed to the other processors
that are also found within a device.

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 1:48:03 PM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Alan Baker wrote
(in article <pk78u9$a3r$1...@news.datemas.de>):
their inability to clearly communicate their points is not my problem.

Alan Baker

Aug 5, 2018, 4:38:02 PM8/5/18
On 2018-08-05 1:33 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <0001HW.21176FCE01...@news.supernews.com>,
> It should definitely be read as (1) above. Any skoolboy would agree.

It was obvious from the context...

...the full phrase including "sole" after all...

...that the second meaning was meant.

And then there's the actual article:

'According to Bloomberg, the company in question is the “sole maker of
the iPhone’s main processor”'

:-)

Your Name

Aug 5, 2018, 5:58:12 PM8/5/18
Unfortuantely the idiot keeps changing his name, just like a typical
moronic little troll he is. :-(

Larry Gusaas

Aug 5, 2018, 7:44:26 PM8/5/18
Did you actually read the article? That point is clearly communicated in the first couple of
paragraphs.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 7:55:34 PM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Larry Gusaas wrote
(in article <pk824p$1k4$1...@dont-email.me>):

> On 2018-08-05, 11:47 AM Wolffan wrote:
> > On 05 Aug 2018, Alan Baker wrote
> > (in article <pk78u9$a3r$1...@news.datemas.de>):

> > > You're not realizing that the word "main" has two possible meanings in
> > > the phrase "main processor supplier"
> > >
> > > 1. The main supplier of processors. Your interpretation.
> > >
> > > 2. The supplier of main processors as opposed to the other processors
> > > that are also found within a device.
> > their inability to clearly communicate their points is not my problem.
>
> Did you actually read the article? That point is clearly communicated in the
> first couple of
> paragraphs.

I haven’t read anything from Gizmodo for years.

Alan Baker

Aug 5, 2018, 7:59:24 PM8/5/18
Then you are in favour of your own ignorance.

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 8:43:49 PM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Alan Baker wrote
(in article <pk830r$q66$1...@news.datemas.de>):
Nope. I stopped reading them after they stopped producing articles of
interest to me and when even the Register was of more interest. (still is;
here ios a link to how Vulture Central handled this
story:https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/08/04/security_roundup/ Note that El
Reg, not know for being friendly to Cupertino, did NOT use an anti-Apple
headline.) The fact that Gizmodo has produced an article that an obvious
anti-Apple troll thinks, if you can call what it does that, is useful, well
that indicates that they _still_ have nothing that would be of interest to
me. I don’t need their crap. YMMV. I don’t care.

Alan Baker

Aug 5, 2018, 8:49:32 PM8/5/18
If you're not going to read an article...

...then MAYBE you shouldn't comment on what it means, huh?

It would certainly help you look less stupid.

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 8:54:08 PM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Alan Baker wrote
(in article <pk85ur$vac$1...@news.datemas.de>):
I was commenting on the headline

> It would certainly help you look less stupid.

I can’t possibly look as stupid as you do.

GasPipe

Aug 5, 2018, 8:56:06 PM8/5/18
Hello snit.

Alan Baker

Aug 5, 2018, 8:56:45 PM8/5/18
And your comment was stupid in that you didn't understand the
flexibility of the English language.

Yes: we know.

>> It would certainly help you look less stupid.
>
> I can’t possibly look as stupid as you do.

Stunning.

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 8:58:29 PM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Alan Baker wrote
(in article <pk86cd$je$1...@news.datemas.de>):
Nah.

> Yes: we know.

You have a tapeworm?

> > > It would certainly help you look less stupid.
> >
> > I can’t possibly look as stupid as you do.
>
> Stunning.

Whatever.

Alan Baker

Aug 5, 2018, 9:09:18 PM8/5/18
Sorry, but yah.

>>> I can’t possibly look as stupid as you do.
>>
>> Stunning.
>
> Whatever.

Amazing!

Wolffan

Aug 5, 2018, 9:12:02 PM8/5/18
On 05 Aug 2018, Alan Baker wrote
(in article <pk873u$1ut$1...@news.datemas.de>):
you really as big a fool as Terry Austin says.

> > > Stunning.
> >
> > Whatever.
>
> Amazing!

have the last word.