Apple Can't Stop Fucking Up Batteries, Offers Replacements for MacBook Pros

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Nomen Nescio

unread,
Apr 21, 2018, 1:41:58 AM4/21/18
to
Ha Ha! Apple crap.

Apple announced Friday that it discovered “a limited number” of
its line of MacBook Pro laptops suffer from a potentially faulty
component that can cause the battery to expand. The company is
offering to replace the batteries in affected machines for free.

According to Apple, the potential problem is present in the 13-
inch version of the MacBook Pro. Only the base model of the
machine is affected; versions of the laptop with the Touch Bar
are not at risk. The units with the possible defect were
manufactured between October 2016 and October 2017, though it
isn’t clear exactly how widespread this issue is.

Apple will determine the eligibility for repair through a
device’s serial number. The company has set up a website where
users can determine if their MacBook Pro will qualify for the
free replacement battery.

For those that are eligible for the fix, be ready to be without
your laptop for a little. Apple warns that service can take up
to three to five days, and may require the device be shipped to
the Apple Repair Center.

Apple is also offering the opportunity for a refund to any
MacBook Pro owners who already got their battery replaced and
paid the $129 fee typically charged for the service.

If you own one of the devices that are at risk, Apple says you
have nothing to fear: the expanding battery “is not a safety
issue,” according to the company. Still, you’re probably better
to be safe than sorry on this one. Apple will be offering the
replacement program for five years from the date of sale of the
unit.

https://gizmodo.com/apple-cant-stop-fucking-up-batteries-offers-
replacemen-1825434473

pjp

unread,
Apr 21, 2018, 1:41:56 PM4/21/18
to
In article <b2dd5fb1ee4e7d83...@dizum.com>,
nob...@dizum.com says...
>
> Ha Ha! Apple crap.
>
> Apple announced Friday that it discovered ?a limited number? of
> its line of MacBook Pro laptops suffer from a potentially faulty
> component that can cause the battery to expand. The company is
> offering to replace the batteries in affected machines for free.
>
> According to Apple, the potential problem is present in the 13-
> inch version of the MacBook Pro. Only the base model of the
> machine is affected; versions of the laptop with the Touch Bar
> are not at risk. The units with the possible defect were
> manufactured between October 2016 and October 2017, though it
> isn?t clear exactly how widespread this issue is.
>
> Apple will determine the eligibility for repair through a
> device?s serial number. The company has set up a website where
> users can determine if their MacBook Pro will qualify for the
> free replacement battery.
>
> For those that are eligible for the fix, be ready to be without
> your laptop for a little. Apple warns that service can take up
> to three to five days, and may require the device be shipped to
> the Apple Repair Center.
>
> Apple is also offering the opportunity for a refund to any
> MacBook Pro owners who already got their battery replaced and
> paid the $129 fee typically charged for the service.
>
> If you own one of the devices that are at risk, Apple says you
> have nothing to fear: the expanding battery ?is not a safety
> issue,? according to the company. Still, you?re probably better
> to be safe than sorry on this one. Apple will be offering the
> replacement program for five years from the date of sale of the
> unit.
>
> https://gizmodo.com/apple-cant-stop-fucking-up-batteries-offers-
> replacemen-1825434473

It seems to me all these companies would be a damn sight more carefull
about what they release IF they had to actually reimburse people for
their time spent solving the companies problems, e.g. some cash AND item
gets fixed.

Smith

unread,
Apr 22, 2018, 1:49:52 AM4/22/18
to
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages