LPS: Danse Macabre [ horror ]

D.J.

Oct 21, 2022, 11:41:36 AM10/21/22
just filter on LPS for the subject if you don't like poems.

A few Halloween poems to get in the mood.

[ background sounds: Vincent Price's litany from Michael Jackson's
'Thriller' video. ]

I think I'll drive out to the drive-in movie. The one out by Route
666. I'm sure they've gotten rid of the Giant Ants, by this time.

And gotten the diseases out of their popcorn machine. The Fairhope
kid... awful, just awful. That extra ear...

And repaired the tears in the giant Screen. Those UFO
Mosquitoes... tsk tsk. It took so long to get rid of Them.

Giant Ants !

Sorry. Lets not take the convertible. I've Been Warned by the skull
on the fireplace mantle. Lets take the station wagon instead. More
room in the back. I'll get the sack. Axe ? No need to Scream II, its
for your Protection.

[ background music: 'Norman Bates' by The Chessmen[?] ]

Well, we got past the Roc, the Giant Tarantula, and you were really
good with the rocket lanucher against that giant praying mantis. I'm
... glad ... you're along for the Ride.

Ah. there it is up ahead.

The Drive Inn of (painted out words) Movies ! I know, but I read
the sign the way it looks Now. Not the Way it used to be ! Via !

Lovely. Broken lights. Shrubbery for a three level affect. Its
good to be back here. Such pleasant memories. I see they've removed
the toadstools, they were beginning to talk and wave. The toadstools
waved and talked, not the removers. The removers never talked, no
voices.

Never mind what's showing. Doesn't matter. The projector rarely
works. Do you dance ? I hope so. We have a Big Number at
Intermission.

Lets Park. In the middle of the Lot. Do you have some salt ? No ?

No matter. 'They' aint here, its not the tourist season.

[ they pay and drive on in. ]

[ the driver goes to the concession stand. returns. ]

Hmmm. The gall to show such an absurd cartoon !

Have some Popcorn ?! [ He shoves the popcorn box towards you,
bring it back towards him. Back. And. Forth. ] Sorry, it hasn't been
an Exposition. Just pick out the non-popcorn bits. This Isn't
PleasantVille !

Sorry.

But I had no idea John Waters made any cartoons.

Oh. It wasn't ? Seemed to me something he would make.

Ah. Intermission. Don't get out. No matter what !

[ nearby cars empty of their occupants. ]

They dance, Dance.

'Its Midnight. Come join us in Our Daaaance !
We wont Prance,
nor eat other Venison !
Oh noooooo !

We shuffle to the left, [ shuffle shuffle ]
and hop tooo the riiiight ! [ hop ... thump ... hop ]
We get on our aprons.
and get out the Barbequuueeee !

We are going to cooook,
some Giant Prawn !
It came from the Black Lagoon !
with a sack over its shoulder !
[ sack ! sack ! ]
weee have no basket !
Tsk. tsk.

Shuffle off to the Drive-In Movie !
Laaaate at Niiight !

[ clap your hands ! ]

This is a Playground,
of things that make no noise at Niiiight !

Sliiide, step, kick !
Our names are not Sliiiick !

Sliiide, step, kick !
Our names are not Sliiiick !

[ they stop, and returns to their cars. ]

The Movie begins, again. Is everybody Inn ?
--
Jim

Freyja

Nov 5, 2022, 1:03:42 PM11/5/22