Water shortage solution

gggg gggg

Jun 15, 2022, 1:08:32 AM6/15/22

plateshutoverlock

Jun 16, 2022, 4:40:19 PM6/16/22
On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 10:08:32 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://www.desertsun.com/story/opinion/readers/2022/06/14/simple-solution-californias-water-shortage-letters/7611988001/

Pee bottles
Peeing on the side of the road
Peeing in a bush
Shitting behind the dumpster

Yay! Way less toilet usage!

plateshutoverlock

Jun 16, 2022, 4:45:23 PM6/16/22
LETTERS
The simple solution to California's water shortage
Reader submissions
Construction crews work on building new homes in Palm Springs in September 2021.
Just stop building
I have such a simple solution to our water shortage. I can't believe someone on the planning commissions hasn't thought of it.

Stop building. Easy, isn't it?

I went by the new proposed Disney resort, Cotino, in Rancho Mirage and couldn't believe the size of it. Do we really have the water to support this? Do we really have the water to support all the new housing being built in Palm Springs?

Just because there is an inch of undeveloped land and the possibility of another dollar in the pockets of the city, it doesn't mean it has to be built on. Too many people, too much traffic, too much pollution, not enough water. Stop building now!

William Squire, Palm Springs

New golf tour's fatal flaw
Professionals who choose the LIV Golf Tour over the PGA Tour will have a difficult time qualifying for golf’s biggest events: The Open, the U.S. Open, The Masters and the PGA Championship.

Most qualify by being in the top 60 of the Official World Golf Ranking. It will be quite difficult to earn a good ranking playing against a small field of mostly unaccomplished players. Also, there are only eight events per year — not enough to collect enough OWGR points for a decent ranking.

If a golfer plays in less than 40 tournaments in a two-year period, their ranking points gets diluted. Unless you are Phil Mickelson or Dustin Johnson, who have qualified for majors because of past victories, you will remain in obscurity.

The lifeblood of a golf tour are the young players who strive to be stars. Those high achievers can only realize their goals on the existing tours. The LIV Golf Tour will be limited to has-beens and never-wills, not enough to establish a sustainable enterprise.

Rick Crawford, Indio

plateshutoverlock

Jun 16, 2022, 4:50:16 PM6/16/22
Do we" really have the water to support all the new housing being built in Palm Springs"

Don't worry because no one will be able to afford them and they will
sit vacant so no water usage. Might have to deal with them becoming
crack houses, or a favored target for arsonists, gang/biker hideouts etc.

And the homeless situation will be worse than ever before because
"there is not enough housing."

Enjoy the clown shit show for many years to come.

a425couple

Jun 17, 2022, 11:26:21 AM6/17/22
Well,
I did get to read his simple solution,
"stop building" just as that site decided
I needed to pay for a subscription in order
to read it.

Well, yeah, sure,
Live in a tent, eat off of dirty dishes....
Sure!