Miguel Matias is escorted out of the 44th Precinct after he turned
himself in for the murder of his daughter.
A Bronx man who strangled his pregnant 14-year-old daughter and threw
her naked body in a boiler last year was also the father of her unborn
child, according to prosecutors.
Miguel Matias, 36, appeared in Bronx Supreme Court Tuesday as
prosecutors consolidated the two indictments against him - an earlier
one for his daughter's murder on Feb. 16, 2008, and the newest one for
second-degree rape and incest.
DNA taken from Matias matches a sample taken from the fetus carried by
his daughter, Anna, said Steven Reed, spokesman for Bronx District
Attorney Robert Johnson.
Matias confessed to the murder, saying he was driven to strangle Anna
with an electrical cord when he caught her writing "sex things" on her
computer, police said.
Matias has been declared fit to stand trial but has a history of mental
illness and has attempted suicide several times, according to his lawyer
Roy Schwartz.
The new indictment says Matias raped his daughter between Nov. 15 and
Nov. 30, 2007, which means Anna was 2-1/2 to three months pregnant when
she was murdered.
Matias' family had previously said Anna was pregnant with a boyfriend's
baby.
Matias is scheduled to appear in court again on June 30 and lawyers for
both sides said a plea agreement is likely.
Matias faced 25 years to life in prison for the murder charge. He now
faces up to an additional seven years in prison for the rape charge.
"Dr. Al Quafur" <sizzl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9C0E8AF...@195.67.212.194...
> Another liberal psycho democrat the taxpayers will have to feed.