[The boobs...] Gov. Newsom's office, AG Bonta investigate after migrants from Texas are left in front of Sacramento church without warning

1 view

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jun 6, 2023, 1:55:54 PM6/6/23
https://www.kcra.com/article/california-governor-gavin-newsom-immigration-
sacramento/44083675

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
California Gov. Gavin Newsom and the California Department of Justice are
investigating after a group of migrants from Texas were dropped off in
front of a church in Sacramento without warning, state leaders announced
on Saturday.

In the statement, Newsom said that he and California Attorney General Rob
Bonta met with more than a dozen migrants on Saturday and learned that
they were taken from Texas to New Mexico and then flown to Sacramento on a
private jet. Bonta said the group carried documents that appeared to be
issued by the state of Florida.

"State-sanctioned kidnapping is not a public policy choice, it is immoral
and disgusting," Bonta said. He noted his agency is evaluating potential
criminal or civil action against those who transported or arranged for the
transport of these vulnerable immigrants.

"We are working closely with the Mayor's office, along with local and
nonprofit partners to ensure the people who have arrived are treated with
respect and dignity, and get to their intended destination as they pursue
their immigration cases," Newsom's statement read.

The group of 16 migrants from Venezuela and Colombia were dropped off
Friday night outside of the Diocese of Sacramento. Officials with
community organization PICO California said the migrants were approached
outside of a migrant center in El Paso, Texas by people representing a
private contractor stating that they would help get them to a migrant
center that would provide them with jobs and other free support. Officials
said the migrants had no idea where they were upon their arrival to
California and many came with nothing but a backpack and the clothes on
their backs.

"They're in shock, I think they're very exhausted I think they are just
trying to catch up with processing exactly what happened," said Cecilia
Flores with Sacramento Area Congregations Together.

Newsom's administration and the California Department of Justice said they
are working together to determine who paid for the travel of the migrants
and whether they were misled, given false promises or kidnapped.

KCRA 3 reached out to the office of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and the
Texas Department of Public Safety for comment but had not yet heard back
from either as of Saturday night.

Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg released a statement of his own on
Saturday to address the situation surrounding the migrants.

"Human trafficking is not only despicable; it's a felony. I urge the
appropriate authorities to investigate how 16 vulnerable people were lured
to travel from El Paso, Texas, to Sacramento. Whoever is behind this must
answer the following: Is there anything more cruel than using scared human
beings to score cheap political points?" Steinberg said.

Bonta released a statement that said in part: "While we continue to
collect evidence, I want to say this very clearly: State-sanctioned
kidnapping is not a public policy choice, it is immoral and disgusting. We
are a nation built by immigrants and we must condemn the cruelty and
hateful rhetoric of those, whether they are state leaders or private
parties, who refuse to recognize humanity and who turn their backs on
extending dignity and care to fellow human beings.

"California and the Sacramento community will welcome these individuals
with open arms and provide them with the respect, compassion, and care
they will need after such a harrowing experience.”

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.