How do you print WHITE text?

Jason Penrose

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
This may sound like a dumb question, however, I can't print text in
WHITE. I am making a sign and I am trying to make the letters color
255, on a dark background. If you use color 7, it prints black. The
text just doesn't show up like it is on layer Defpoints or something.
I have tried exploding the text, making it an attribute, making the
dark color a jpg, messing with display order......nothing works.

any ideas?
JP

jpenrose.vcf

B C Jones

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
I have used the BONUS, EXPLODE TEXT, (txtexp.lsp) and used a solid hatch as
the field color.

--
B C Jones
***Please remove "NOSPAM" from

Glenn Seibert, regenesis

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
In article <37291931...@texas.net>, jpen...@texas.net says,...

> This may sound like a dumb question, however, I can't print text in
> WHITE. I am making a sign and I am trying to make the letters color
> 255, on a dark background. If you use color 7, it prints black. The
> text just doesn't show up like it is on layer Defpoints or something.
> I have tried exploding the text, making it an attribute, making the
> dark color a jpg, messing with display order......nothing works.
>
> any ideas?
> JP

Are you using WHITE ink? (Is there such a thing?)
--
Thanks,
Glenn

Thomas Proppe

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
You can't give color 255 to Truetype-Fonts. But you can give any other color
and redirect to color 255 in plotting dialog -> pen settings. That is the
way it worked. And if you're plootting to a HP-plotter which is able to
'merge' (mix) colors, you have to disable that feature in hpconfig or
plotter.

Thomas Proppe

Jason Penrose schrieb in Nachricht <372B1843...@texas.net>...
>There isn't such a thing, however all I need if for autocad to print the
>absence of ink. I am printing a dark blue background with the white text
on
>top. Autocad just needs to "not print" the text and the white paper will
be
>the "white ink". That is where color 255 should come in. However, it is
not
>working.
>
>anyway, thanks
>JP

Seymour Dupa

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
One way to print WHITE is on a BLACK background.

Did you pick 255 because it prints white on Autocad's color chart? It's
*not* white - it's *invisible*. I can see lines colored 255 on my screen,
but when I plot, they dissapear.

John

--
If You Always Do the Things You've Done,
You'll Always Have the Things You Got.

Thomas Proppe

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
May be, but color 7 is shown white on dark screen as 255.
They define 7 as printed black and 255 as white. How this is handled
depends on the plotter or printer.
First draw a red solid then a line with 255 over it. If you plot this and
the printer did not mix the colors (In HP Plotters you can check or uncheck
merging colors) you have a white line over the solid.
Just true type can't be set directly to color 255.

Thomas Proppe

Seymour Dupa schrieb in Nachricht <1Q4Y2.311$Sd.21...@news.en.com>...