Convert polylines or splines to simple arcs and lines

Benny Van Iseghem

Mar 12, 2001, 4:07:36 AM3/12/01

Does anybody kows how to convert polylines or splines to simple arcs and
lines?

Jochen

Mar 12, 2001, 5:32:42 AM3/12/01
I wrote a Lisp to convert all kind of line segments (2d and 3d) to
3d-Polylines consisting of linear segments
scj.s...@t-online.de

Cliff Middleton

Mar 12, 2001, 8:19:42 AM3/12/01
Go to http://vnestr.tripod.com/ ; you'll find what you need. Be sure to pay
the man if you use it for any commercial purpose.

Cliff

"Benny Van Iseghem" <benny.va...@pandora.be> wrote in message

David Hansen

Mar 12, 2001, 12:06:32 PM3/12/01
Um, have you tried the EXPLODE command?
It makes a mess out of splines (many little lines), but works well on normal
plines.

--

-Dave /;^{D>

(Warning: Reply-to address has been changed - Death To Spam!)

PC Help needs Our HELP!! Lockdown 2000 scam^H^H^H^H Law Suit
http://www.pchelpers.org/ http://www.pc-help.org

John Payne

Mar 12, 2001, 9:30:29 PM3/12/01
I must be missing something....polylines are made into lines and arcs by
exploding them.
John Payne

Cliff Middleton

Mar 13, 2001, 7:23:20 AM3/13/01
Correct but splines are different. In A2K you can not explode a spline (if
drawn with the "spline" command, if you draw a polyline and then convert it
to a spline you can explode it). As I understand it there are several
methods for calculating spline curves and depending on how accurate you need
them to be you need to run certain calculations when extracting points along
the curve. That's the extent of my knowledge of splines.

Cliff

"John Payne" <cadman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

P.C.

Mar 13, 2001, 10:01:01 AM3/13/01
Hi.
Cliff Middleton skrev i meddelelsen <98l3f...@enews3.newsguy.com>...
>Correct but splines are different. ,

Right , ------ then, create a new layer. make that current.
Do a "divide" of the spline.
Now if you do a ssget "x" where you look for points _and_ specific layer ,you
will get the points in row , ------- this with a little Lisp can make the
simplest way of making a new entity from an object "divided".
Best regards
P.C.