AR-CONC HATCH PROBLEM

DAVID SALA

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
Every so often when I use the ar-conc hatch pattern, the triangles do not
close and it looks like crap. Now I "know" this happens so if you know a
fix, let me know.

Thanks in advance,

SALA

Paul Turvill

Nov 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/12/99
Chances are the crappy looking hatches are being drawn a l-o-o-o-n-n-n-g
way from your drawing's 0,0 point (origin). When this occurs, try setting
your snapbase to somewhere near or in the area to be hatched; after
hatching, it can be set back to 0,0 or wherever.
__
DAVID SALA <DAV...@ESMCIVIL.COM> wrote in message

Gary Galloway

Nov 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/13/99
The AR-CONC (ARchictectural CONCrete) hatch is meant to be
just that, crap (concrete chip fill actually).
The hatch pattern is random stone and chippings but not exclusively
triangular chippings/waste.

Don't forget to regenerate your drawing, especially if you have zoomed in
close
on the hatch pattern. Regenerating will close up any lines and refresh the
screen.

regards

DAVID SALA <DAV...@ESMCIVIL.COM> wrote in message
> Every so often when I use the ar-conc hatch pattern, the triangles do not
> close and it looks like crap. Now I "know" this happens so if you know a
> fix, let me know.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> SALA

Paul Turvill

Nov 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/14/99
Not if the pattern was drawn a long way from the drawing origin or
snapbase. There's a "precision" problem in many of Autodesk's hatch
patterns that causes the elements to separate when drawn very far from
the pattern's origin, and all the regens in the world won't change that.
The solution is to (temporarily) set SNAPBASE to somewhere closer to the
area to be hatched. Try it.
__
Gary Galloway <count...@bun.com> wrote in message