IRON BUTTERFLY GUITARIST ERIK BRANN DIES:

Tahllula

Jul 30, 2003, 1:05:09 AM7/30/03

http://www.melodicrock.com/

IRON BUTTERFLY GUITARIST ERIK BRANN DIES:
Press Release:
Erik Brann, the lead guitarist on Iron Butterfly's classic heavy metal anthem of 1968
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, died of cardiac arrest Friday in Los Angeles, according to the
Los Angeles Times. He was 52.

Brann, considered a violin prodigy, began his musical career at age 4. He was born in
Pekin, Ill., but raised in Los Angeles. He was 17 when he joined Iron Butterfly and
spent 1967-70 on tour with the band. The teenager said he had not been prepared for
the frenetic pace of working 365 days a year in such venues as the Hollywood Bowl,
competing with then up-and-coming heavy rock acts such as Blue Cheer, Jethro Tull,
Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath.

Brann and colleagues Doug Ingle, Ron Bushy and Lee Dorman, left their mark on musical
history with the 17-minute "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"', what is considered by many to be
heavy rock's "debut" song (and was later covered by SLAYER on the "Less Than Zero"
soundtrack). The album went multi-platinum (without any real promotion, MTV, videos,
and limited airplay) and stayed on the national sales chart 2½ years, and a
three-minute version also became a Top 40 radio hit. In the past 33 years the album
has since sold in excess of 28 million copies worldwide.

Brann occasionally reunited with his BUTTERFLY partners for performances over the
years, and worked as a songwriter, musician and producer until his death. During one
such reunion in 1988, he spoke to The Times about his whirlwind superstardom
experience 20 years earlier, saying "My first vacation I bought a car "a Jaguar" and
parked it outside the hospital where I spent two weeks for ulcers and
gastroenteritis." RIP Erik.

~Tahllula~
http://com2.akheva.com/byfiorefugeesozzfest
Another Ozzy hang~out, come see!

Country Stuff

Jul 30, 2003, 4:37:24 AM7/30/03

"Tahllula" <Tahllul...@msn.com> wrote in message

> http://www.melodicrock.com/
>

> IRON BUTTERFLY GUITARIST ERIK BRANN DIES:
> Press Release:
> Erik Brann, the lead guitarist on Iron Butterfly's classic heavy metal
anthem of 1968
> In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, died of cardiac arrest Friday in Los Angeles,
according to the
> Los Angeles Times. He was 52.
>
> Brann, considered a violin prodigy, began his musical career at age 4. He
was born in
> Pekin, Ill., but raised in Los Angeles. He was 17 when he joined Iron
Butterfly and
> spent 1967-70 on tour with the band. The teenager said he had not been
prepared for
> the frenetic pace of working 365 days a year in such venues as the
Hollywood Bowl,
> competing with then up-and-coming heavy rock acts such as Blue Cheer,
Jethro Tull,
> Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath.

/AHH Yes Classic~~

>/ "In -A-Gadda-Da -Vida baby" ! RIP dang thats a loss to classic rock for
sure, shame to hear that.

George

Jul 30, 2003, 11:16:15 AM7/30/03
I was at MDA camp that year when I first heard In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and I was
hooked on Metal before I knew what Metal was. I have the classic album and
still enjoy listening to it. 52 is to young to die. He left an indelible
mark on musical history that inspired millions and will continue to inspire.
RIP Erik.

YFIO
Ge()rge:)=~

"Country Stuff" <notiny...@forgetaboutit.com> wrote in message

BuZZard

Jul 30, 2003, 1:02:55 PM7/30/03
crap.... this sucks.. ozzy's tour manager of 23 years....
now this! *Puts head under wing*

"George" <artb...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Country Stuff

Jul 30, 2003, 1:56:09 PM7/30/03
Pets wing...come on br0 it will be ok, come out & look at me.
"BuZZard" <BuZ...@buzzardnest.com> wrote in message

martin...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 6:28:24 PM2/7/18
rest in peace erik brann!