Store in Oakland burglarized 4 times by intruders who rammed truck into store's doors

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 1, 2024, 7:00:32 PMFeb 1
https://www.foxnews.com/us/store-in-oakland-burglarized-4-times-intruders-
who-rammed-truck-into-stores-doors

A store in Oakland, California, was broken into on Tuesday by burglars who
rammed a pickup truck into the store's doors, the fourth time in recent
months that burglars targeted the store.

Eddie's Drive-In Liquors located on College Avenue near Lawton Avenue in
the Rockridge neighborhood was burglarized early Tuesday morning.

"I wish we could do something about it, but we cannot," co-owner David
Shrestha told KTVU.

Surveillance video shows a pickup truck repeatedly backing into the store
at about 3:50 a.m. Tuesday. Several intruders then run inside and steal
liquor, cigarettes, two cash registers and a safe.

VIDEO SHOWS WOMAN CLUTCHING ONTO HOOD OF CAR AFTER THIEVES ALLEGEDLY STOLE
HER FRENCH BULLDOG

"You can't even tell me right now how I'm feeling. I'm really, really
mad," Shrestha said, adding that he believes the same people may be
involved in each incident.

"It's gonna happen again and again and again. It's been happening, it's
gonna happen again. No matter what we do," he said.

Shrestha is frustrated because Oakland police are not allowed to pursue
suspects who commit property crimes.

"They cannot chase, even if they see someone leaving, which happened the
first time," Shrestha said. "They saw them leave and did not chase. When
we asked, they said they're not allowed to chase anyone like that."

ACLU ATTORNEY AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE ADVOCATE CAUGHT IN GUN CROSSFIRE IN
OAKLAND

A Trader Joe's located just a few blocks away has also been targeted by
people stealing alcohol.

In November, someone rammed a vehicle into the store but fled after
realizing a manager was inside.

"There's been some serious challenges, to put it mildly, up and down the
College Avenue corridor," Councilmember Dan Kalb, who represents
Rockridge, told KTVU.

Kalb said the city is attempting to recruit more officers from other
agencies and seek help from the FBI.

"Enough is enough, and we have to do more. And we are trying to do more.
The impact of doing more, though, doesn't happen overnight,
unfortunately," Kalb said.

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.