Ken Buck doubles down on Rand Paul's call for investigation into funding of violent protests

Leroy N. Soetoro

Sep 3, 2020, 3:04:58 PM9/3/20
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ken-buck-and-rand-paul-call-for-
investigation-into-funding-of-violent-protests

Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., on Sunday called for a Department of Justice (DOJ)
investigation into the funding of recent violent protests that have sprung
up across the country, echoing statements made by Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.,
who was recently attacked while with his wife during the Republican
National Convention.

"The Justice Department needs to open an investigation into who is funding
these violent riots," Buck tweeted.

Buck had first addressed the issue after Paul and his wife Kelley were
accosted while returning from the RNC, on the way back to their hotel.

"If the Tea Party threatened a Democratic Senator and assaulted police
officers like this, it would be leading CNN," the Colorado Republican
wrote on Friday. "Every conservative politician would be asked to condemn
it. Where is the outrage?"

Paul commented on the issue in an opinion piece for Fox News published on
Saturday.

He revealed some of the protesters were actually staying in the same hotel
-- and on the same floor -- as he and his wife. Some were even as close as
the next room.

"They were talking about their mob activities and even saying they thought
we were here on this floor," Paul wrote. "We had to develop a 3 a.m. plan
with Capitol Police to get to safety."

"My question is: Who are these people?," he continued. "Who paid for their
hotel rooms? Who flew them in? Law enforcement needs to look at the
funding of violent criminal activity like this. And national Democrats
need to confront it. It’s organized. It’s paid for. It’s violent. It’s not
about Black lives or any lives; it’s about anarchy and destruction."

The GOP senator added, "The American people are starting to catch on and
grow tired of it. So I ask Democratic presidential nominee former Vice
President Joe Biden and his running mate Kamala Harris this: Will you
stand up finally and denounce this violence and destruction? Will you quit
inciting it and urge other leaders to do the same?"

Paul's wife also penned an op-ed -- for the Washington Examiner --
describing the events as the basis for "a terrifying dystopian novel."

"The mob swarmed me and my husband, Sen. Rand Paul, in a tight circle,
screaming expletives, threats, and shouting, 'Say her name,'" Kelley
wrote. "We rushed up to two police officers, and I believe that is the
only thing that kept us from being knocked to the ground. Even pressed
against the officers, we were greatly outnumbered."

She then accused The Associated Press of misrepresenting her husband's
account of the attack and said it was absurd of the media outlet to say
Paul lacked evidence or proof, to back up his story.

"The Associated Press is reporting that Rand used the word 'attack' to
describe our ordeal 'without evidence,'" Kelley added, "This is disgusting
and utter proof of their bias. When you are surrounded by throngs of
people screaming in your face and preventing you from getting away, that
is an attack."

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."