Coca-Cola funds LGBTQ youth event at Smithsonian showcasing 'Indigiqueer' fashion

Budwiper

May 31, 2023, 4:32:03 PM5/31/23
The Coca-Cola Foundation is funding an LGBTQ youth event at the
Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian featuring
"Indigiqueer" fashion designers.

The online event this Thursday hosted by the Washington, D.C., museum,
titled, "Youth in Action: Wearing Our PRIDE," will feature the co-founders
of the fashion brand Indi City and other Native fashion designers.

"Fashion is often used to confirm identities, challenge social structures,
and display personalities. Discover the joy of fashion in our conversation
celebrating PRIDE month," the event description on the Smithsonian website
reads.

"Program generously supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation," it added.

The panelists will include Angel Aubichon and Alex Manitopyes, who are
described as "Indigiqueer" designers who create fashion accessories
"inspired by their ancestral roots."

"In 2017, they became the first global Indigenous designers to incorporate
wearable technology into traditional regalia," the Smithsonian's
description reads. "Their first piece, a woman’s traditional outfit called
The Matriarch Speaks, was exhibited in Calgary, Ottawa, and Shenzhen,
China."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coca-cola-funds-lgbtq-youth-event-
smithsonian-showcasing-indigiqueer-fashion

Ottawa, figures.

Things don't go better with Coke. Dump them.