Expansion Joints cut vs. Tool

Zachary Thornton

Jun 30, 2022, 1:40:54 PM6/30/22
Why would I use one vs the other? I like the look of the tooled vs, cuts. Does one do better than the other when creating your joints?

TABETHA LOCKWOOD

Jul 18, 2022, 12:03:08 AM7/18/22
On Thursday, 30 June 2022 at 20:40:54 UTC+3, Zachary Thornton wrote:
> Why would I use one vs the other? I like the look of the tooled vs, cuts. Does one do better than the other when creating your joints?

Saw joints, as their name suggests, are cut with a saw. Using a grooving tool, tool joints are made by hand. Although saw-cut joints and tool joints achieve the same thing, the aesthetic effects differ greatly.