National Grid Denies A Net Meter

Andrew

Jan 26, 2022, 9:45:04 PM1/26/22
I installed an 8kw residential solar system on my property in NY State. When I applied for a net meter through National Grid, I was denied. They claim that the substation is scheduled for upgrades and will not accept applications for two years. I believe I am being stonewalled because I do not see how my excess power, when I actually produce any, will have any impact on the substation. Any advice?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/construction/national-grid-denies-a-net-meter-3184381-.htm