Question on Queen Post (Fan) Attic / Garage condition.

Kevin Bruno

Apr 18, 2022, 2:59:21 AM4/18/22
Hello all,

I currently have a Queen Post (Fan) attic condition that utilizes 2X4" studs, 24" O.C. and span approximately 19'10" across my garage. I want to install an attic stair and be able to do additional lighting, and eventually switch the truss to more of a queen truss roof condition.

That being said, is it safe to walk from truss to truss? (I will disperse my weight as much as I can utilizing plywood and other means, but just want to confirm my weight (190) will be okay... Even if I put it all on one joist?

Let me know your thoughts and appreciate any help / advice you can give! Thank you all.

Sincerely,
Kevin