Hurd v. Anderson Windows??

James

Jun 10, 2005, 6:19:13 PM6/10/05

Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows? I am in
the market for double hung, tilt windows.

Thanks for any comments !!!

--James--

BP

Jun 11, 2005, 8:04:37 AM6/11/05
Apples to apples, they are equals. That is, if both windows are ordered with
the same features the quality is equal.

"James" <li...@jamesnipper.com> wrote in message

clintonG

Jun 11, 2005, 5:39:56 PM6/11/05
Some apples are designed better than others. A few general principles of
quality...

Are the frame members unititized or mitered and joined together from smaller
pieces?

Are the frames stapled or mitered at the corners? Miters are better and more
of them indicates stronger joints.

Look at the section cut through a frame. Which vendor if either is using a
continuous condensation channel? The glass will rest on shims and the
channel should be continuous around the entire inside perimeter of the
frame.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

"BP" <reply...@only.net> wrote in message

Mellowed

Jun 11, 2005, 7:19:25 PM6/11/05

I missed the first part of this post. However, I just installed Weather
Shield windows on my own house after looking at other brands such as
Anderson. Whatever the final choice, this product should be reviewed.
http://www.weathershield.com/wshield/index.asp

"clintonG" <csgal...@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in
message news:MSIqe.10305$lI2....@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
: Some apples are designed better than others. A few general principles

: >>
: >>
: >
: >
:
:

Oscar_Lives

Jun 12, 2005, 12:51:56 PM6/12/05
Colby Co windows are the best you can buy.

"Mellowed" <nos...@newsgroups.com> wrote in message

BP

Jun 12, 2005, 1:39:38 PM6/12/05
No, BP's Wicked Pissa windows are the best you can buy.

"Oscar_Lives" <nos...@nospam.net> wrote in message

3D Peruna

Jun 13, 2005, 8:57:51 AM6/13/05
BP wrote:
> No, BP's Wicked Pissa windows are the best you can buy.
>
> "Oscar_Lives" <nos...@nospam.net> wrote in message
>
>>Colby Co windows are the best you can buy.
>>

>>"Mellowed" <nos...@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I missed the first part of this post. However, I just installed Weather
>>>Shield windows on my own house after looking at other brands such as
>>>Anderson. Whatever the final choice, this product should be reviewed.
>>>http://www.weathershield.com/wshield/index.asp

MS Windows have security problems and can leak quite a bit...

Boce...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2005, 11:55:52 AM6/13/05
I just use some 2x4's and some plastic wrap. Cant beat the
price and I can brag about it being custom made.
If I want to open the window I just punch a hole right through it.
Close it up at night?? Just staple in some more plastic wrap.
I never even have to clean the windows EVER!

LOL

On a more serious note, Andersons or Pella have decent windows.
Just make sure you get the ones that are good e-rating and you
should be fine.

Andrew Duane

Jun 13, 2005, 1:17:16 PM6/13/05
I have both in my house, and they are quite similar feature and
efficiency wise. The Anderson's have somewhat better mechanicals (mine
are casements) and smoother operation. They were also somewhat more
expensive.

I don't think the difference is huge.

James

Jun 13, 2005, 6:48:54 PM6/13/05
Thanks to all for the several replies to this question !!

I will look forward to any other comments/ experiences, comparing Hurd to
Anderson windows.

--James--

Rebecca

Sep 2, 2022, 12:01:42 AM9/2/22
I had Hurd double hung tilt windows installed about 12yrs ago, along with a garden window and some crank out casements. Love them, no problems, easy operation. Probably helps that I had a good contractor install them.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/hurd-v-anderson-windows-658986-.htm