Saniplus capacitor replacement

r...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2003, 10:41:19 AM11/28/03
My Saniplus, about 4 yrs. old, is just emitting a hum and not pumping.
Having taken the unit apart, there is nothing blocking the blades, etc., and the
impeller turns freely, so I suspect the capacitor and would like to try
replacing it before contemplating new motors, etc..

Can anyone tell me where the damn thing is?! The schematic shows it alongside
the pressure chamber, but I can't see it. If it's inside the chamber, how do I
get at it?
I've taken the membrane off but that doesn't help.

TIA

Tom L

r...@hotmail.com

Dec 3, 2003, 11:05:27 AM12/3/03
Saniflo motor humming, not turning. Failed capacitor.

In case it helps any other poor b..., I've cracked it:

Motor is actuated by a push rod above the membrane at bottom of pressure
chamber.
It would turn by hand.
Removed top and both inlet pipes. Unscrewed loo pedestal to allow removal of
connection to front of Saniflo. Removed unit.
Released motor (3 screws)+ pressure chamber. Checked impeller below motor. OK.
Undid clip round membrane at base of chamber, removed membrane. Prised off
chamber base to access electrics.
Tried a proprietary capacitor (GBP4.50) which proved this was the problem as
motor ran OK. Unfortunately it much too big to fit so ordered Saniflo component
(GBP20), + new membrane as a precaution(L13).
Saniflo tel. (UK) 01189 821345
NB membrane should be fitted with bath sealant. No need for sealant on inlet
hoses.

Good luck, guys,

Tom L.

dmsi...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2014, 12:20:41 PM6/16/14
I having this same issue with my saniplus toilet. Your post is heling immensely! Thank you!

jimj...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 2:36:06 AM3/28/15
If you are in the US, you can order a DUCATI (16.18.35HB) capacitor from

Capacitor Sales
941-342-1677
www.capacitorengineering.com

They are the only DUCATI dealer I could find in the US and were considerably cheaper than direct from Saniflo. I could not find any other capacitors that would fit in the electronics box with the correct specs.

My saniflo was also only emitting a hum. While humming, I could start the motor with a screwdriver and it would work, but would never start on its own. The capacitor inside had a hole blown out the side.

Although it was a mess, thankfully it is all working again.

Glenn Nadeau

Oct 4, 2022, 7:55:29 PM10/4/22
Once you remove the membrane, remove the plunger then pry off the cover and the capacitor and microswitch and motor are under the cover. Take picture of the 2 wires where the capacitor is attached so you can reference them when putting the wires back. Saniflo has an excellent YouTube video showing the entire process.