Bones

Creon

Feb 16, 2024, 3:08:56 PMFeb 16
Mom passed away three weeks ago, peacefully,
surrounded by loved ones.

I'd never been with someone when they
passed on. It was a life-changing experience.

She survived a catastrophic stroke 7 years ago which affected
the speech centers of her brain. So, she couldn't say anything.

The palliative care nurses at the hospital are true angels.

I don't know what else to say, except I still have
some attachment: had a dream about a week ago that
Mrs. Creon and I were in an apartment, and sitting in
the living room were Mom's mortal remains, a lifeless
corpse that we didn't know what to do about.

Holding on to the bones, I'm told this is...

--
-c

Ned

Feb 16, 2024, 4:37:17 PMFeb 16
Condolences.

That was a good dream. It's all there.

I don't know if you'll think it's appropriate, but here's a link to
the poem "Skeletons" by Ikkyu, a zen monk who lived in Japan in
the early 1500s... (English on the left, Hungarian on the right.)
https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Csontvazdalocskak.pdf]

Ned

Creon

Feb 16, 2024, 5:21:15 PMFeb 16
Thank you. Just read it, now I need to read it more carefully.

This stood out for me, at his conclusions:

"Delusion makes it appear that though the
body dies, the soul endures--this is a grave
error. The enlightened declare that both
body and soul perish together."

That kind of surety about a lack of consciousness
beyond death of the body is beyond what I can muster,
which is a rigorous agnosticism.

Anything Ikkyu convinced himself of the matter
may, in fact, be the delusion...

--
-c

Ned

Feb 16, 2024, 6:59:55 PMFeb 16
I'm pretty sure he says that. Ikkyu's medicine is only good as
an antidote for clinging to things that change constantly. I
looked up the definition of anicca in wiki a day or two ago.
Wiki was really bad 20 years ago in most of its articles about
Buddhism. It was like they were generally edited by new-age
Christian evangelists.

There's been a 10,000 percent improvement since them. But
back then it was the time when Bill Keyes came up with the
Karma Sutra (not to be confused with the Kama Sutra - a whole
different bag of fish). You can find it here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkEAjLtT9s

The full text of it can be found in the group, or here...
https://postimg.cc/JsPVrf1d
...and a recitation of it in Deer Park in in Sarnath, India
can be found here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iByMtxXvBy8&t=0s

So, under the definition of 'anicca', wiki now has a photo of
the Buddhist wheel of life, from Sichuan, China, 1000 years ago...
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Buddhist_Wheel_of_Life.jpg/1280px-Buddhist_Wheel_of_Life.jpg
...and they have captioned it as follows...
---
According to Buddhism, living beings go through many births.
Buddhism does not teach the existence of a permanent, immutable
soul. The birth of one form from another is part of a process of
continuous change.[citation needed]
---

We'll see how long that lasts.

Ned

Creon

Feb 17, 2024, 1:11:08 AMFeb 17
Having grown up "Christian" (I think), I didn't have an
opportunity to learn much about Buddhism...but now I'm learning
that there are as many Buddhisms as Christianities...

For example: Tibetan Buddhism, Zen Buddhism, and, um,
"Lotus Sutra Buddhism" to name three.

(I'm a UU, so my beliefs are subject to change given new
evidence, ideas, and so forth. But: Is there an afterlife?
Beats me.)

--
-c

Ned

Feb 17, 2024, 1:36:16 AMFeb 17
Yes, it happens every instant. But if everything is impermanent,
what is it that lives after?

Ned

liaM

Feb 17, 2024, 7:00:10 AMFeb 17
There's an afterlife every moment, consciousnesses opening like
flowers and done, disappearing into nada, yet it, you, me, and we
keep on trucking. Is that impermanence? Every moment arises from
nothing and returns to nothing, yet we think of our memories as "me"

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 9:23:30 AMFeb 17
And our memories will disappear if our brain can’t hold them. Where is the
me

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 9:43:19 AMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:23:28 -0000 (UTC), Tara <jack...@airpost.net>
wrote:

>liaM <cud...@mindless.com> wrote:
>> On 2/17/2024 7:36 AM, Ned wrote:
Memories are a history of me. Me is a collection of decisions,
predilections and understandings, facilitated by electrons running
through neurons, and any of the collection can be lost if the brain is
damaged. A simple cut with a surgeon's blade can do it.

It might be that there is an observer, spirit, ghostie, soul that
resides as long as it is interested, but can depart at any time. But
that isn't me.

Maybe, or something, ymmv. There is certainly something that loves to
imagine that there is more to me that this grizzly old grouch sitting
in front of a computer pressing keys.
--
Noah Sombrero

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 10:40:53 AMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Ned wrote
(in article<7cc3ed4d-650e-44e1...@googlegroups.com>):
I think that among the 5 basic beliefs, 4 of them - Hinduism 2300-1500 BC - a
fusion of various beliefs, Judaism - Abraham 1800 BC, Christianity - Jesus,
and Islam - Muhammad 610 AD, all believe that there is an immortal soul. What
happens after the death of the body varies amongst the 4 but the soul lives
on in some form. Only Hinduism believes in reincarnation (of some kind). But
you guys know all this

I’m a novice at this...
but Siddhartha - 5th cent BC, saw, as we all do, that everything in our frame
of reference is impermanent. Since a soul is assumed to be immortal
(permanent) there can’t be a soul.

But that assumes that because we can’t see anything permanent with the
senses we have, nothing permanent must exist.

> Ned

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 10:50:30 AMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Tara wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B810B0300...@news.eternal-september.org>):
And then he, like almost every philosopher, sage, leader before and after
him, he built a system that made sense to him.

> > Ned

Julian

Feb 17, 2024, 10:54:30 AMFeb 17

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 10:57:54 AMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:40:51 -0500, Tara <jack...@airpost.net> wrote:

>On Feb 17, 2024, Ned wrote
>(in article<7cc3ed4d-650e-44e1...@googlegroups.com>):

And so it is that humans have always wanted some version of this to be
so.

--
Noah Sombrero

Ned

Feb 17, 2024, 12:04:09 PMFeb 17
...I have only four other questions:
Is the world eternal? Is it finite?
Is the self the same as the body?
Does a Buddha exist after death?
A yes or no is sufficient.
I'd go with no, yes, yes, no;
but what the hell do I know?
There is no removing God from man -
it's genetic - the Alpha Dog:
We seek the alpha dog, and
can abstract a higher alpha dog.
And that's how God comes from our genes.
If we were cats (except lions)
we wouldn't buy any of that crap.
Nor would we know our own names.
Dogs must know their own names, to know
how they fit in the pecking order.
Cats are emperors of the universe,
who have no need at all for a name...

- Excerpt from "Tissue of Lies"

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 12:17:47 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
(in article <uqqkrk$fns3$1...@dont-email.me>):

> https://sacred-texts.com/bud/bits/bits013.htm

"Thus spake The Blessed One; and, delighted, the venerable Mâlunkyâputta
applauded the speech of The Blessed One.”

Me too - applauding

Thanks :)

liaM

Feb 17, 2024, 12:50:31 PMFeb 17
everything is everything born remains - material boy that I am
I foresee AI scanning (in several microseconds) everything that
everyone that ever spent hours on ABSFG thinking and writing,
and creating bubbles of each of us as large thinking language models,
thus one day in the far future, Tara will arise anew and
connect with Ned, Julian, Noah, Creon, Nazog, San Ford, and me
just as we are now..

Will AI replace humans as the primary thinking life form
on the planet? And why not? Why not Tara again, virtual but
damn real Tara, like my young Juliet singing "I'm a pink, pink champagne
bubble" - a champagne bubble in a very real and tangible
AI consciousness?

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 12:59:07 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, liaM wrote
(in article <uqqrl5$h3ug$1...@dont-email.me>):
No bloody way will I let Al have me!

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 1:16:10 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Tara wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B812B6800...@news.eternal-september.org>):
; )

Julian

Feb 17, 2024, 2:04:02 PMFeb 17

Julian

Feb 17, 2024, 2:08:00 PMFeb 17

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 2:24:56 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:17:44 -0500, Tara <jack...@airpost.net> wrote:

>On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
>(in article <uqqkrk$fns3$1...@dont-email.me>):
>
>> https://sacred-texts.com/bud/bits/bits013.htm
>
>"Thus spake The Blessed One; and, delighted, the venerable Mālunkyāputta
>applauded the speech of The Blessed One.”
>
>Me too - applauding
>
>Thanks :)

§ 13. QUESTIONS WHICH TEND NOT TO EDIFICATION.

Right, nuff said.
--
Noah Sombrero

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 2:38:52 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
(in article <uqr06e$i44g$2...@dont-email.me>):
Eeeeeeeekkkkkkk
(I read the book) Dean Koontz predicted AI way back in the seventies. Good
movie!

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 2:48:03 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:38:49 -0500, Tara <jack...@airpost.net> wrote:

>On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
>(in article <uqr06e$i44g$2...@dont-email.me>):

One consistent thing that scifi writers of all sorts from high to low
have anticipated is dystopia.
--
Noah Sombrero

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 3:48:59 PMFeb 17
Interesting read about Demon Seed book and movie

https://www.deankoontz.com/demon-seed-from-the-author/

liaM

Feb 17, 2024, 3:58:43 PMFeb 17
Aye...

Julian

Feb 17, 2024, 4:32:04 PMFeb 17
It wasn't a big hit in UK cinema's when it was realeased but
it did, and may still do, decades of solid business in a double
bill with Soylent Green in University film clubs, independent
and late night cinemas, etc.

ps. For anyone interested in Julie Christie's tits...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069995/

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 4:59:04 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, liaM wrote
(in article <uqr6lv$jge4$1...@dont-email.me>):
Och aye :)

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 5:01:13 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
(in article <uqr8kh$ju04$1...@dont-email.me>):
Hah

Julian

Feb 17, 2024, 5:12:40 PMFeb 17
It's an excellent movie, but I like Nicholas Roeg films
no matter how shambolic, and the lengthy sex scene with
Julie and Donald Sutherland is pretty convincing. Offhand
I can't think of a better sex scene in a film.
among the best ever

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 5:57:27 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:12:38 +0000, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 17/02/2024 22:01, Tara wrote:
>> On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
>> (in article <uqr8kh$ju04$1...@dont-email.me>):

There's a shambolic attitude. If you can accuse such, so can I.

--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 5:59:32 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:57:24 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:
In other words, social criticism is a sham. No, the sham is when
people refuse to see the significance.

Tara

Feb 17, 2024, 6:05:17 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, Julian wrote
(in article <uqrb0m$kahf$1...@dont-email.me>):
Takes a lot of skill to pull that off well and convincingly.
I don’t like a lot of sex scenes in a movie. It’s not like in a book
where it seems kind of private. In a movie, I feel like I’m kind of a
voyeur.

Just before my Dad died, he lived with me and I would on occasion watch tv
with him.
One time, we were watching a movie together and a heavy sex scene came on.
Ahggggh. I just wanted to disappear. If I remember right, I excused myself
and made a run for the bathroom.

The eighties films were full of sex scenes. Not so now.

Donald Sutherland and my parents used to be neighbours.

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 6:23:05 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:59:29 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
The knee jerk reaction to social criticism is to accuse those who
mention it of being:

prophets of doom
sycophantic prancers
silly
etc.

Who knows, all the above might even be true, but still you are missing
the point, at least, and at worst grabbing at any straw to avoid
facing the situation.

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 6:27:40 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:59:29 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
I stand grievously corrected. Shambolic is a britishism that means
disorganized. Oh, dear.

liaM

Feb 18, 2024, 8:52:31 AMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 12:05 AM, Tara wrote:

> Donald Sutherland and my parents used to be neighbours.

That's the same person who crashed into me at the Los Feliz (L.A.)
mansion where I had a room, saying "where can I find so and so"
mentioning the name of one of the artists there, "I'm an actor,
my name is Donald Sutherland" - This happened in 1970 and it was the
first I ever heard of him.

Julian

Feb 18, 2024, 9:20:54 AMFeb 18
By the end of 1970 he was an international film star
after Kelly's Heros and, particularly, M*A*S*H

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 10:25:54 AMFeb 18
Very Un-Canadian. Shame on him!
-

Wilson

Feb 18, 2024, 11:35:47 AMFeb 18
"You know who doesn’t get impostor syndrome? Cats. Not only does every
cat know they’re a cat, I think every cat believes firmly, with
conviction, that they are the best possible cat, the prime example of a
cat, the most cat a cat could be."
– Jennifer Adcock

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 12:00:42 PMFeb 18
On Feb 18, 2024, Wilson wrote
(in article <uqtbl0$1ansr$1...@dont-email.me>):
Love this and love them

However, I have been owned by a neurotic cat (in a nice way). Beau, a Linx
Point Siamese, would catch a mouse or some other little creature and instead
of playing with or devouring it, would look at me with a teary, concerned eye
not knowing what to do. He would then drop his prey, set it free and pad
away. Beau also followed me everywhere.

Ned

Feb 18, 2024, 12:13:52 PMFeb 18
...Cats are emperors of the universe,
who have no need at all for a name.
A dog might go to a Halloween
party dressed as a cat, but a cat
would never go dressed as a dog.
Dogs have many masks; cats have none.
Every dog, except one, must be
sometimes inferior, other times
superior - Thus the need for masks.
The pack won't function without masks.
Masks are like walls and "Getting Big" -
The organizing principle
of the universe. But what if
all the vast 'empty' spaces
in the universe - the emptiness
between electrons and nucleus,
between the planets and the sun,
between solar systems and galaxies -
were filled, chock full solid, with
Everything - every possible thing?
Jammed full with every outcome,
so anything can happen anywhere.
Being solid, nothing in the cosmos
can move - everything is frozen.
It exists, and goes out of existence,
and reappears an instant later.
Except it doesn't, because everything
is There - and we see what we look for.
Thus, the truth that emptiness is form.
Anomaly in the tissue of lies?
No, because no one believes it.
So, it's not that things practice "Getting Big",
it's that we practice it when viewing things.
We see planets in orbit,
and search till we find a sun.
We see a cloud of electrons,
and search till we find a nucleus,
we see galaxies, and search till
we find a black hole at the center.
All of them are masks hiding the truth.
Because we know what the truth must be,
and we search and search till we find it.
We know they are masks, we see them as masks,
because we are a species of masks...

Noah Sombrero

Feb 18, 2024, 12:24:12 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:13:50 -0800 (PST), Ned <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, February 18, 2024 at 9:00:42?AM UTC-8, Tara wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 2024, Wilson wrote
>> (in article <uqtbl0$1ansr$1...@dont-email.me>):
>> > On 2/17/2024 12:04 PM, Ned wrote:
Oh, yeah.
--
Noah Sombrero

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 12:24:25 PMFeb 18
On Feb 18, 2024, Ned wrote
(in article<d5ca15ff-48de-42e1...@googlegroups.com>):
Gonna read this book! :)

Noah Sombrero

Feb 18, 2024, 12:27:20 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:24:08 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:
In mellifluent flavors of buddhism, christianity, islam spreading
across the sky.
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Feb 18, 2024, 1:23:24 PMFeb 18
Ned should probably publish it.

I hear that self-publishing on Amazon is fairly easy.

Julian

Feb 18, 2024, 1:31:29 PMFeb 18
"‘Everyone has a book in them, but in most cases
that’s where it should stay" but yeah.

Ned

Feb 18, 2024, 2:20:51 PMFeb 18
Oh yes. I have "The Zen Gardens At Bullshitji" there for $1.99, or
zero, depending on your preference.

But I also have made it available as a slide show, for free, so only
an idiot would pay for it...
https://tinyurl.com/ZenGardensAtBullshitji

Ned

Ned

Feb 18, 2024, 2:25:59 PMFeb 18
Oh yes. In general, books should stay in bits. ("Won't SOMEBODY
please think of the trees!")

Tissue of Lies is available (in pieces) on Google Groups. It was
posted as I wrote it during a year and a half period from Oct. 18,
2010 to May 9, 2012.

Ned

liaM

Feb 18, 2024, 2:40:50 PMFeb 18
His friend was a Canadian artist lady friend. I never saw him again.

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 3:04:15 PMFeb 18
On Feb 18, 2024, Ned wrote
(in article<98ee0be2-2e82-45cc...@googlegroups.com>):
Even though I’m an idiot, I can’t buy it because it appears that I
don’t have a kindle app. So, thanks for the link

"Like tossing a ball on swift-flowing water, moment to moment, non-stop flow.
Walking the mountain path I find something endearing about violets.
My joy is the source of my smile, and my smile is the source of my joy. Mind
is not someone else’s mind.”

Beautiful book Ned.

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 3:13:32 PMFeb 18
On Feb 18, 2024, liaM wrote
(in article <uqtmg0$1dp9d$1...@dont-email.me>):
Yeah, and he is a Canadian.

liaM

Feb 18, 2024, 6:45:27 PMFeb 18
Except on screen, in one or two great roles where he does a Peter
Ustinov beard and lip smack better than Sir Peter himself.

But why, Tara would you say Sutherland was un-canadian?
For identifying himself to a complete stranger that he was
a Canadian and an actor?

Tell me. why "Un-Canadian" ????

Noah Sombrero

Feb 18, 2024, 6:56:31 PMFeb 18
It seems that famous canadians are able to walk the streets of canada
without being approached. I guess that would mean that they would not
also identify themselves if they approach you.
--
Noah Sombrero

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 7:04:03 PMFeb 18
liaM <cud...@mindless.com> wrote:
> On 2/18/2024 9:13 PM, Tara wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 2024, liaM wrote
>> (in article <uqtmg0$1dp9d$1...@dont-email.me>):

>>> His friend was a Canadian artist lady friend. I never saw him again.
>>
>> Yeah, and he is a Canadian.
>>

> Except on screen, in one or two great roles where he does a Peter
> Ustinov beard and lip smack better than Sir Peter himself.
>
> But why, Tara would you say Sutherland was un-canadian?
> For identifying himself to a complete stranger that he was
> a Canadian and an actor?
>
> Tell me. why "Un-Canadian" ????

We are as a rule known for being polite and not “in your face”. Thus his
behaviour in this case isn’t very Canadian. Keanu Reeves, a Canadian actor
in Hollywood is more typical of his country, Canada. We are generally
friendly but not pushy, loud or arrogant.

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 7:05:50 PMFeb 18
True

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 7:19:59 PMFeb 18
We might say Hi, though in passing ;) But we don’t want to intrude on their
privacy.
Neil Young shows up here every once in a while and he can go anywhere
without being disturbed. There are quite a few American celebrities who own
places in our cottage country. The paparazzi who fly over to get a look,
come up from the States, not from here.

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 7:26:35 PMFeb 18
“Keanu Reeves has worked up a reputation as one of the most humble,
gracious Hollywood actors, and plenty of people have stories that support
it. Keanu Reeves is commonly considered one of the kindest, most thoughtful
actors in Hollywood, and plenty of stories support this claim.”

liaM

Feb 18, 2024, 8:35:54 PMFeb 18
He was definitely not "in my face" when he ran into me. What I saw
was this guy very happy and enthusiastic at the idea of meeting up with
his friend who had, as I had, just arrived in town. In a rush, happy,
wanting to dispel any doubt as to the reason he was there, a young guy
not a famous actor

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 8:59:09 PMFeb 18
So sorry, I misread you.

liaM

Feb 18, 2024, 9:38:22 PMFeb 18
“It was then that I made the discovery that his talk created
reverberations, that the echo took a long time to reach one's ears. I
began to compare it with French talk in which I had been enveloped for
so long. The latter seemed more like the play of light on an alabaster
vase, something reflective, nimble, dancing, liquid, evanescent, whereas
the other, the Katsimbalistic language, was opaque, cloudy, pregnant
with resonances which could only be understood long afterwards, when the
reverberations announced the collision with thoughts, people, objects
located in distant parts of the earth. The Frenchman puts walls about
his talk, as he does about his garden: he puts limits about everything
in order to feel at home. At bottom he lacks confidence in his
fellow-man; he is skeptical because he doesn't believe in the innate
goodness of human beings. He has become a realist because it is safe and
practical. The Greek, on the other hand, is an adventurer: he is
reckless and adaptable, he makes friends easily. The walls which you see
in Greece, when they are not of Turkish or Venetian origin, go back to
the Cyclopean age. Of my own experience I would say that there is no
more direct, approachable, easy man to deal with than the Greek. He
becomes a friend immediately: he goes out to you. With the Frenchman
friendship is a long and laborious process: it may take a lifetime to
make a friend of him. He is best in acquaintanceship where there is
little to risk and where there are no aftermaths. The very word ami
contains almost nothing of the flavor of friend, as we feel it in
English. C'est mon ami cannot be translated by "this is my friend."
There is no counterpart to this English phrase in the French language.
It is a gap which has never been filled, like the word "home." These
things affect conversation. One can converse all right, but it is
difficult to have a heart to heart talk.”
― Henry Miller, The Colossus of Maroussi

Tara

Feb 18, 2024, 11:56:31 PMFeb 18
Thank you Liam

A different language is a different vision of life.” — -Federico Fellini.

In this case, I should have asked at the beginning - “do you mean that he
was rude?”

“If you are only relying on words, you take away the tone and body language
and much of the message is potentially lost on the recipient. According to
the University of California, Los Angeles, words make up only 7 per cent of
communication, with 38 per cent being voice or tone and 55 per cent being
body language.”

Oh, I don’t know about that

Depends on what you’re intending to communicate.

Julian

Feb 19, 2024, 5:53:24 AMFeb 19
On 18/02/2024 23:45, liaM wrote:
> On 2/18/2024 9:13 PM, Tara wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 2024, liaM wrote
>> (in article <uqtmg0$1dp9d$1...@dont-email.me>):

>>> His friend was a Canadian artist lady friend. I never saw him again.
>>
>> Yeah, and he is a Canadian.
>>

> Except on screen, in one or two great roles where he does a Peter
> Ustinov beard and lip smack better than Sir Peter himself.

God's gift to the tak show host...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxxEfdmn_Y

Tara

Feb 19, 2024, 9:43:05 AMFeb 19
Most Actors are attention whores. So say my actor friends.

liaM

Feb 19, 2024, 9:58:18 PMFeb 19
Thanks !!!!

liaM

Feb 20, 2024, 7:54:12 AMFeb 20
acting is imitation of the imaginary oh :) ?

Tara

Feb 20, 2024, 10:01:57 AMFeb 20
Why is the actor celebrated and the writer is in the shadows. The actor
brings the creation to life. Magic.

Julian

Feb 20, 2024, 10:23:37 AMFeb 20
Writers are pug ugly? :)

Tara

Feb 20, 2024, 10:30:17 AMFeb 20
On Feb 20, 2024, Julian wrote
(in article <ur2g5m$2ierm$1...@dont-email.me>):
Haha. True and that’s why I love them the most.

Noah Sombrero

Feb 20, 2024, 10:45:56 AMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:01:55 -0000 (UTC), Tara <jack...@airpost.net>
It seems to me that writers are forgotten, actors get the red carpet
and tons of glory. Without writers, the movie industry is dead.

For instance the discussion of that demon seed movie quickly forgot
about any insights available in the story, and quickly went to how
great the sex scene was. And how much skill it took to create the
illusion. Skill of the writer?

How many of us here have actually read the book? Other than tara?
Ok, I didn't see the movie either.
--
Noah Sombrero