Crisis is the new normal

Julian

Oct 18, 2021, 2:30:14 PM10/18/21
The Left's embrace of globalism has left Britain on life support

Has any major political movement been as thoroughly expunged from
popular memory as the anti-globalisation movement? Two decades ago, the
dominant opinion on the Left was that globalisation was a destructive
and exploitative innovation of international capitalism to be fought. In
Seattle in 1999, and in Genoa in 2001, thousands of protestors from
across the world gathered to protest against the signing of the
transnational trade treaties that accelerated the spread of
globalisation, cheered on by the organs of Left opinion...

https://unherd.com/2021/10/crisis-is-the-new-normal

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 3:01:09 PM10/18/21
The UK's current sad state is the fault of the Left.

Julian

Oct 18, 2021, 3:19:08 PM10/18/21
I'm still waiting to hear of somewhere I'd rather live.
It has never been better as far as I can tell.

Ned

Oct 18, 2021, 4:00:50 PM10/18/21
The golden age is now.

Ned

Julian

Oct 18, 2021, 4:07:20 PM10/18/21
Indeed. Anyone who suggests otherwise has a problem.

Ned

Oct 18, 2021, 4:11:04 PM10/18/21
For sure. Probably a psychopathic, narcissistic sociopath.

Ned

Noah Sombrero

Oct 18, 2021, 4:16:47 PM10/18/21
On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 13:11:03 -0700 (PDT), Ned <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
Or today's new discovery, the narcosociopsychopath
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 8:14:21 PM10/18/21
Yay, clap clap !!

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 8:19:44 PM10/18/21
Where were you in the '60s ?
Message has been deleted

Julian

Oct 18, 2021, 8:59:53 PM10/18/21
Your sad now is a consequence of the 60's.
Fool's gold that left you bereft.

Ned

Oct 18, 2021, 9:21:43 PM10/18/21
Ah, the Sad Now... Epitaph for our 20s measly echo
of the Roaring 20s.

Ned

Julian

Oct 18, 2021, 9:36:31 PM10/18/21
I suspect the 1920's were not as much
fun as people claim.

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 9:40:28 PM10/18/21
great tragedee indeed -

Noah Sombrero

Oct 18, 2021, 10:33:52 PM10/18/21
On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 02:36:29 +0100, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Yow wouldn't have liked it.
--
Noah Sombrero

Love

Oct 19, 2021, 2:09:22 AM10/19/21
In article <skkhbb$am1$1...@dont-email.me>, julia...@gmail.com says...
I've never found anywhere else I'd rather live
either.

--
Love

Love

Oct 19, 2021, 2:13:42 AM10/19/21
In article <gflrmg9f6r8tgk9cd...@4ax.com>, fed...@fea.st says...
I searched for that. Google said: It looks like
there aren't many great matches for your search.

Translation: It must exist only in your mind.

--
Love

Love

Oct 19, 2021, 6:51:51 AM10/19/21
In article <skkefl$j86$1...@dont-email.me>, julia...@gmail.com says...
I actually joined a left-leaning new political
party that was anti-globalist like that. At
that time even our main left-leaning party
(NDP), and most lefties I knew were all
anti-globalist. Most were also anti-isolationist
however. Maybe that is where the shit started
getting mixed up. Certainly climate change is
an issue that almost begs for a certain amount
of globalist thinking.

>https://unherd.com/2021/10/crisis-is-the-new-normal

--
Love