It’s not Hypocrisy, You’re Just Powerless

Wilson

Aug 13, 2022, 3:34:21 PM8/13/22

A quick Public Service Announcement for Class B

As some dead American white male once said, “The essence of Government
is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be
liable to abuse.” And if you remember there once being a more equal,
neutral standard for both teams in the past, that probably wasn’t
because either team was nicer back then, or was more constrained by some
higher power within or above the system – there was just a more equal
balance of power between them, and therefore they could both hold each
other accountable by punishing the other if it strayed too far from “the
rules” written down on a scrap of paper somewhere.

Today, however, Team A is not operating on remotely the same level as
Team B. And your biggest misunderstanding may be that you think Team A
doesn’t want Team B to recognize this fact and point it out for the
whole world to see. Yes there is a separate-and-not-equal standard for
Team A, and this is no accident. Yes there are two different tiers of
acceptable behavior; two tiers of justice; two tiers of citizen.

In fact, there is no “Team A” or “Team B,” only Class A and Class B.

And Class A really wants everyone, especially Class B, to understand
this, because they think Class B seriously needs to get the message and
accept its place in the order of things. Class B is on the bottom, where
it belongs. Class A is on top, and a more lenient standard is a
privilege reserved for them, by virtue of their natural
moral/educational/economic/aesthetic superiority and consequent rightful
dominance. If Class B does not enjoy this discipline, they should strive
to clean up their dirty, stupid, wicked ways and someday become part of
Class A.

Friend, you are not in high school debate club anymore. You are a
peasant in feudal Japan, and every day the Samurai get to denigrate,
abuse, and rough up your kind as much as they want. But if you ever talk
back to a samurai, let alone try to do a little roughing up of your own,
you will be beheaded on the spot. And far from being punished for this,
the samurai who does it will be praised for doing his duty, since uppity
peasants are dangerous and immoral and need to be dealt with at once,
before they threaten the established social hierarchy. That samurai is
just protecting democracy / the Shogunate. Pointing out the hierarchy of
the social order as a peasant will be met only with a nod of approval:
“yes, that is how it is, it’s good that now you finally understand.”

“Hypocrisy,” I hope you now see, is simply a display of power, so the
more blatant it is the better. Hypocrisy is a concrete demonstration of
living without having to fear consequences. And Class A loves it when
Class B notices this and whines about it, because complaining about
hypocrisy is just another way of saying “Class A is higher status than
me,” and “I am the loser.” That’s the joke.

Much like the Great Khan, Class A has decided the greatest happiness in
life is to crush its class enemies, see them driven before it, and hear
the lamentations of their pundits.

Fundamentally, Class A believes the purpose of power is to reward its
friends and punish its enemies. Which is what it does. That way it can
keep its enemies down at the same time as it attracts more friends by
offering great perks for class membership. And as a controversial Arab
thought-leader once said: everyone prefers a strong horse to a weak horse.

If you, Class B serf, do not enjoy this arrangement, your lamentations
about hypocrisy will not change it, no matter how loud and shrill. Only
taking back control of the levers of power and then using that power to
strike the fear of accountability into the hearts of your ruling class
will ever be able to do that.

https://theupheaval.substack.com/p/its-not-hypocrisy-youre-just-powerless

Noah Sombrero

Aug 13, 2022, 3:52:28 PM8/13/22
Could be. Like you said above:

>“The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be
>liable to abuse.”

So how is it that class B can legitimately take back control of the
levers of power? Why imagine that class B will do one bit better than
class A? Unless there is something wrong with your quote above.

Not that you and I would agree on the identities of class A and B are
currently in the us.
--
Noah Sombrero