This looks interesting....

Kentucky Jelly Buddha

Oct 14, 2021, 12:15:01 PM10/14/21
Defining "woke" as it first was...
and what it has come to mean...

https://twitter.com/peterboghossian/status/1448302516639260689

--
Kentucky Jelly Buddha
Making Leek Insertion Easy Since 1904
Van Horn and Sawtell Co. of New York City

Ned

Oct 14, 2021, 1:10:48 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 9:15:01 AM UTC-7, ansaman wrote:
> Defining "woke" as it first was...
> and what it has come to mean...
>
> https://twitter.com/peterboghossian/status/1448302516639260689

Here's his definition of woke on his Youtube video. Should
it go in the app? (1 min. 29 sec.)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSJwpbayuqE

Ned

Julian

Oct 14, 2021, 1:12:32 PM10/14/21
On 14/10/2021 17:15, Kentucky Jelly Buddha wrote:
> Defining "woke" as it first was...
> and what it has come to mean...
>
> https://twitter.com/peterboghossian/status/1448302516639260689

Titania strikes again!

Ned

Oct 14, 2021, 1:50:46 PM10/14/21
Julian <julia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/10/2021 17:15, Kentucky Jelly Buddha wrote:
>> Defining "woke" as it first was...
>> and what it has come to mean...
>>
>> https://twitter.com/peterboghossian/status/1448302516639260689Bogghasian
>

> Titania strikes again!

Uh, seriously, if I’m going to put that YouTube video in the app, am I
correct in attributing it to Peter Boghossian?

Ned

Julian

Oct 14, 2021, 2:08:12 PM10/14/21
Yes, but the meat, the four core beliefs, is Titania's.

Ned

Oct 14, 2021, 3:01:40 PM10/14/21
OK, has Mr. Doyle, under any of his personas, made
a list of those 4 (or any small list similar to Mr. Boghossian's)?

I could put the link to the video in the app - perhaps as
the first item under 'Definitions' - and then in the same tile
include Titania's list as text.

Ned

Julian

Oct 14, 2021, 3:27:47 PM10/14/21
On 14/10/2021 20:01, Ned wrote:
> On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 11:08:12 AM UTC-7, Julian wrote:

>>> Uh, seriously, if I’m going to put that YouTube video in the app, am I
>>> correct in attributing it to Peter Boghossian?
>>
>> Yes, but the meat, the four core beliefs, is Titania's.
>>

> OK, has Mr. Doyle, under any of his personas, made
> a list of those 4 (or any small list similar to Mr. Boghossian's)?

As Mr Bog said in the video, the four beliefs were first
published in Titania's (Doyle) book
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woke-Social-Justice-Titania-McGrath/dp/1472130847

Ned

Oct 14, 2021, 3:32:16 PM10/14/21
You are absolutely correct. I re-listened to the video and
he directly credits Andrew Boyle, here...
https://youtu.be/hSJwpbayuqE?t=41

I'll make that credit.

I'll show you what I'm thinking of adding.

Ned

Ned

Oct 14, 2021, 3:37:35 PM10/14/21
That was 'Doyle', btw.

OK, I'm actually thinking of including this in the app's current
formal definition of 'woke', which is...
---
WOKE:
Std. English definition: Awakened. Especially, an alertness to
injustice, particularly racism.
Woke definition: When used by a truly woke person, it means
awareness of the racist bias of white supremacist society. When
used by a critic of woke culture it means the speaker is likely
to be a right-wing culture warrior angry at a phenomenon that
lives mainly in their imagination.
---

And I'm thinking of adding it at the end of the 'Woke definition'
of woke, as a 'viz'. as follows...
---
Woke definition: When used by a truly woke person, it means
awareness of the racist bias of white supremacist society. When
used by a critic of woke culture it means the speaker is likely
to be a right-wing culture warrior angry at a phenomenon that
lives mainly in their imagination. (viz. Andrew Doyle's [Woke])
---

And the word Woke will be hot-linked to the Boghossian
video.

Ned

Btw, that definition is:
1. Censorship is necessary.
2. Some groups of people have more power than others.
3. What groups you belong to is more important than who you are as an individual.
4. Lived experience is more important than empirical evidence.

Julian

Oct 14, 2021, 3:37:53 PM10/14/21
Actually "Doctor Andrew Boyle" which is very unusual
and might account for it not registering.

Noah Sombrero

Oct 14, 2021, 3:47:17 PM10/14/21
On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 12:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Ned <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
Good.

> And I'm thinking of adding it at the end of the 'Woke definition'
>of woke, as a 'viz'. as follows...
>---
>Woke definition: When used by a truly woke person, it means
>awareness of the racist bias of white supremacist society. When
>used by a critic of woke culture it means the speaker is likely
>to be a right-wing culture warrior angry at a phenomenon that
>lives mainly in their imagination. (viz. Andrew Doyle's [Woke])
>---
>
> And the word Woke will be hot-linked to the Boghossian
>video.
>
> Ned
>
>Btw, that definition is:
>1. Censorship is necessary.
>2. Some groups of people have more power than others.
>3. What groups you belong to is more important than who you are as an individual.

To some of us.

>4. Lived experience is more important than empirical evidence.
--
Noah Sombrero

Ned

Oct 14, 2021, 3:59:51 PM10/14/21
Yeah, thanks, I caught that.

Anyway, it's in, and it works. It's accessible by the url...
tinyurl.com/WokeWisdom

And it's the first item under 'Definitions', and like all
the categories, you can dump all the items in a category
by clicking once on the category name, then clicking on
the gray sub-category name in the upper left inside the
dotted rectangular box.

Ned

I REALLY like this app!

Ned

Oct 15, 2021, 5:00:28 PM10/15/21
I'm thinking of adding another item to the WokeWisdom
app.

This would be in the Definitions category, for the phrase
"Cancel Culture". It would link the database maintained on
the net... http://www.canceledpeople.com/

And the entry would look like this:

---
CANCEL CULTURE
Std. English definition: Merriam-Webster defines cancel culture
as the "removal of support for public figures in response to their
objectionable behavior or opinions".

Woke Definition: Holding people accountable for their actions.
This may include:
1. Public shaming, destruction of their reputation, damage to
their self-worth and targeting of their personal or professional
relationships.
2. Coordinated efforts to silence them - to render their person
or their ideas unfit to discuss.
3. Job loss or forced resignation; future professional opportunities
curtailed; if self-employed, boycott or sabotage of their company.

There is a database maintained on the internet to record persons
who have been 'canceled'. Click [here].
---

Ned

Love

Oct 16, 2021, 9:55:21 AM10/16/21
In article <b6268336-a9d4-4f51...@googlegroups.com>,
ned...@ix.netcom.com says...
Approved.

--
Love

Ned

Oct 16, 2021, 3:19:02 PM10/16/21
Done.

You know, we can put anything in here.

Well almost.

Ned

Julian

Oct 16, 2021, 3:25:47 PM10/16/21
How was I to know Mary would see it?

Ned

Oct 16, 2021, 4:07:35 PM10/16/21
What?

Ned

Ned

Oct 16, 2021, 4:30:41 PM10/16/21
Hey, Daryl, how about we give it a Rainbow banner?....
https://i.postimg.cc/ZYVjLRfQ/Woke-Banner-New.jpg

Ned
Message has been deleted

Julian

Oct 16, 2021, 6:10:06 PM10/16/21
I thought you were talking "safe space Mom"as the exception, the well
almost.

Ned

Oct 16, 2021, 6:11:41 PM10/16/21
Ah so. Right you are. At least we know our limits, now.

Ned

(She just approved the rainbow banner.)

Julian

Oct 16, 2021, 6:15:30 PM10/16/21
SWMBO

Ned

Oct 17, 2021, 1:40:57 AM10/17/21
---
SWMBO - Acronym for She Who Must Be Obeyed.
Term of endearment for one's wife/girlfriend (or
resignation to the nature of your relationship).
The term originates from the H. Rider Haggard novel,
"She" (first published 1886). The character Ayesha,
known as She-who-must-be-obeyed, the Queen of
Death, the White Goddess, of the lost city of Kôr who
rules her kingdom with terror, She is the very image
of the Femme Fatale. To disobey her or to scorn her
is to earn & receive instantaneous death.
---

Why, it's like a great artist created a masterpiece
and perfect representation of her.

Ned

(I'll move the rainbow banner in tomorrow.)

Love

Oct 17, 2021, 5:47:17 AM10/17/21
In article <6f933d42-62ae-4929...@googlegroups.com>,
ned...@ix.netcom.com says...
I changed it to something else because I don't
think Pride actually deserves such a direct
association with wokeness. You are free to put
yours back to the rainbow banner if you like.

--
Love

Ned

Oct 17, 2021, 11:29:56 AM10/17/21
Done. And again, thanks for all the code.

Anything else that might be appropriate?

Ned

Love

Oct 17, 2021, 10:43:33 PM10/17/21
In article <9c9290ae-f017-496c...@googlegroups.com>,
ned...@ix.netcom.com says...
Anticipating the next wisdom app that will be
needed. Next time I lay hands to upgrade the
code, it will be to assign each record a
unique ID instead of having them positionally
dependent and therefore dependent on them
remaining in the same order for links to them
to keep working.

--
Love

Ned

Oct 18, 2021, 9:55:23 AM10/18/21
Wow. Well, I think it is quite beautiful as is. When I
showed Mary the addition for "Cancel Culture" and
she hit the gray category name to see all the entries,
she asked why they weren't in alphabetical order.
And I told her they could be, but you had to be careful
about adding entries in the middle, if there were
internal hot-links, because referencing them elsewhere
in the code was position-sensitive. She got it, and
didn't seem to think it was very important. (It is, after
all, a hidden option, and I like it that way - When you
can dump all the entries in a category, I think it is
a less interesting and less 'mysterious' process.)

Ned