Christopher Steele – the spy who loved himself

Julian

Oct 17, 2021, 11:49:50 AMOct 17
Delicious. Christopher Steele, the single most discredited actor in the
entire Trump Russia Collusion Hoax, is set to be interviewed on Monday
by ABC's George Stephanopoulos, the single most pompous of all the brood
of lying, self-important American talking heads.

I know that there is stiff competition for that first title. After all,
Steele had to beat out former FBI director James ‘Higher Loyalty’ Comey
and other security state frauds such as John Brennan, Andrew McCabe,
Lisa Page, Peter Strzok and James Clapper. But Steele wins, hands down,
because his so-called dossier — full of micturating prostitutes and
other fantasies — was the stink bomb that really got the Russia
Collusion story going.

Remember the dossier is opposition ‘research’, secretly commissioned and
paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National
Committee. Even James Comey called it ‘salacious’. But that is far too
kind. As Mary McCarthy once said of Lillian Hellman, every word of it,
including ‘and’ and ‘the’, is a lie: fantasy fed by dubious sources to a
credulous Steele.

But, my, how that steaming pile of merde rocketed through the news
cycle. All the coolest spies are Brits, and here we had a certified,
genuine former MI6 spook disgorging stuff that might have come out of a
novel by John le Carré. Remember all that semi-coded language and
Steele’s habit of typing people’s names in ALL CAPS because it made the
document seem so much more authentic.

Nothing in the dossier has been confirmed, much has been disproven.
Nearly a year after the man America's pantywaist elite loves to hate
left office, you’d think that they would find some new lies with which
to entertain us.

But no. As a preposterous trailer for the Hulu original shows, the are
jumping into this nonsense feet first. Emetic talking head after talking
head tells us how ‘historic’ the dossier and the washed-up spook Steele
are. But the only thing historic is the level of gumless credulity
swallowing any part the this story requires.

Still, as I said it is delicious, if for no other reason that Hulu
and/or Steele have timed the interview to air just when the new James
Bond movie premieres. What should we call this competing entertainment?
‘Lie Another Day’? ‘License to Lie’? ‘The Man with the Golden Showers’?
I vote for ‘From Russia with Nonsense’, starring Steele, Chris Steele,
Agent 000.

At the end of that stupid, wildly over-produced trailer, someone
(Stuff-a-lot-of-notes?) says ‘I think that for better or worse
Christopher Steele is going to be remembered as the spy who stepped out
of the shadows.’ Nope. Steele, to the extent that he is remembered at
all, will be known as the the silly, self-important stooge who tried and
failed to take down the president of the United States by concocting,
aggregating and disseminating a congeries of preposterous lies. An evil
and malicious anti-Trump media bought, or pretended to buy it, in order
to attack their great nemesis, the man who ripped the mask from their
exalted countenances to expose the small, scabrous reality that lurked
behind.

Hulu is in overtime hyping the interview. I predict it will be scantily
watched and even more scantily heeded. No one cares about Christopher
Steele, or George Stephanopoulos, come to that. We shall neither be
shaken nor stirred by this cocktail of fiction. With America veering
from crisis to crisis — the porous Southern border, out-of-control
inflation, backfiring vaccine mandates, an increasingly constipated
supply chain — no one is going to want to see this re-run. It was
ridiculous the first time around. It will be nauseating a second.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/christopher-steele-the-spy-who-loved-himself

Wilson

Oct 17, 2021, 12:37:39 PMOct 17
On 10/17/2021 11:49 AM, Julian wrote:
> Delicious. Christopher Steele, the single most discredited actor in the
> entire Trump Russia Collusion Hoax, is set to be interviewed on Monday
> by ABC's George Stephanopoulos, the single most pompous of all the brood
> of lying, self-important American talking heads.
>
> I know that there is stiff competition for that first title. After all,
> Steele had to beat out former FBI director James ‘Higher Loyalty’ Comey
> and other security state frauds such as John Brennan, Andrew McCabe,
> Lisa Page, Peter Strzok and James Clapper. But Steele wins, hands down,
> because his so-called dossier — full of micturating prostitutes and
> other fantasies — was the stink bomb that really got the Russia
> Collusion story going.

> https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/christopher-steele-the-spy-who-loved-himself

In another example of Just Us, Andrew McCabe, one of the top people
behind the promotion of the Russia collusion hoax, recently had his
pension restored in a settlement with the US Department of Justice:

"In a settlement deal disclosed Thursday, fired FBI Deputy Director
Andrew McCabe has had his government pension fully restored.

McCabe, 53, who has been a CNN contributor since 2019, had filed a
lawsuit that year, claiming his firing was an effort by the Trump
administration to rid the FBI of officials who were seen as disloyal to
the then-president. Nearly a year before McCabe was ousted in March
2018, the Trump administration had terminated James Comey, who was the
bureau’s director.

In McCabe’s case, the inspector general for the U.S. Justice
Department, which oversees the FBI, concluded McCabe had OK’d the
release of information to a newspaper reporter and then misled
investigators who were seeking information about his role in the alleged
leak, The Associated Press reported."

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2021/10/proven-liar-andrew-mccabe-gets-pension-restored-by-justice-department-swamp/

Andrew McCabe was fired just two days before his planned retirement for
lying while under oath.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mccabe-show-lack-candor-comey-doj-inspector-general/story?id=54450687

The Justice Department’s internal watchdog accuses McCabe of “lacking
candor” on multiple occasions and violating FBI policy when he
authorized the disclosure of sensitive investigative information to a
reporter.

In October 2016, the Wall Street Journal published an article that
questioned whether McCabe was hampering the federal probe of the Clinton
Foundation.

Ahead of the story's publication, McCabe authorized an FBI spokesman and
FBI attorney to speak with the newspaper about the probe and his own
efforts to keep it moving forward, including the contents of a phone
call months earlier about the matter with a senior Justice Department
official, the report released Friday said.

“Among the purposes of the disclosure was to rebut a narrative that had
been developing … that questioned McCabe’s impartiality in overseeing
FBI investigations involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,”
according to the report.

Meanwhile, McCabe, first head of the FBI field office in New York and
then in Washington, told the inspector general’s office that after the
Wall Street Journal report was published, “they each received calls from
McCabe admonishing them for leaks contained in the” article, the report
said. “At no time did McCabe disclose to either of them that McCabe had
authorized [an FBI attorney] to disclose information … to the WSJ reporter.”

This is how the permanent administrative state big media operation
works. After being fired in disgrace for lying, he got a job with CNN
ensuring an income stream. After Biden's appointment to the presidency
he then had his pension restored and his record wiped clean. There will
be no official documentation of his misconduct in office.

Corrupt to the core.