Does Buddhism Make Promises It Cannot Keep?

Sanford Manley

Dec 1, 2021, 7:24:51 PM12/1/21
From the quote file:

"Look at the world. If Buddha's enlightenment can save the
world, why killings and war and hatred still exist now ?"
-Bluesky

It has had about 2500 years to work.

--
Sanford M. Manley

"Trying to be right all the time
is a very subtle way of being wrong."

Noah Sombrero

Dec 1, 2021, 7:35:57 PM12/1/21
On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 19:24:50 -0500, Sanford Manley <ans...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> From the quote file:
>
>"Look at the world. If Buddha's enlightenment can save the
>world, why killings and war and hatred still exist now ?"
>-Bluesky
>
>It has had about 2500 years to work.

As I was saying to liaM a while back.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 1, 2021, 7:41:55 PM12/1/21
On Wed, 01 Dec 2021 19:35:57 -0500, Noah Sombrero <hibi...@fea.st>
wrote:
Actually, no fault to buddha though, I suspect. The situation is that
the world does not wish to be saved, or as the bible puts it, chosen
the darkness.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 1, 2021, 8:32:57 PM12/1/21
And that's why you do nothing and why you put down
people like Luke that don't sit around doing nothing.
I was delighted to hear how luke was seen handcuffing
OCCUPY protesters to car door handles.

Equally, I barf on whoever tags what Luke is doing
with the usual marxism, woke mess, etc. tags. I have more
respect for Luke than to tag him a worthless extremist.

Extremism is pretty disgusting, especially the extremism
that stuffs its prejudices into a woke bag to laugh about
and disregard.

Sanford Manley

Dec 1, 2021, 9:13:46 PM12/1/21
Oooh ... spooky!

Sanford Manley

Dec 1, 2021, 9:15:31 PM12/1/21
If I were you, I would be more concerned with your
new presidential candidate who wants to cleanse
France of non-Frenchness.

Sanford Manley

Dec 1, 2021, 9:16:29 PM12/1/21
On 12/1/2021 8:32 PM, liaM wrote:
Yup, the same passion that led to the excesses of most
revolutions. I can do without it, left or right.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 1, 2021, 9:55:58 PM12/1/21
On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 02:32:53 +0100, liaM <cud...@mindless.com> wrote:

>On 12/2/2021 1:35 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 19:24:50 -0500, Sanford Manley <ans...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> From the quote file:
>>>
>>> "Look at the world. If Buddha's enlightenment can save the
>>> world, why killings and war and hatred still exist now ?"
>>> -Bluesky
>>>
>>> It has had about 2500 years to work.
>>
>> As I was saying to liaM a while back.
>>

>And that's why you do nothing and why you put down
>people like Luke that don't sit around doing nothing.

Way too simple.

>I was delighted to hear how luke was seen handcuffing
>OCCUPY protesters to car door handles.

Chaining people to junck cars.

>Equally, I barf on whoever tags what Luke is doing
>with the usual marxism, woke mess, etc. tags. I have more
>respect for Luke than to tag him a worthless extremist.
>
>Extremism is pretty disgusting, especially the extremism
>that stuffs its prejudices into a woke bag to laugh about
>and disregard.

Right. It is not the chaining to cars that I object to. It is that
his extremism fuels intolerance. Dump that shit, it is no different
than what you describe above.

Or as I used to say in hippy days, there is no more severe a
conformism than the limits of acceptable non conformity among non
conformists. They didn't like to hear it then either.

Tie die shirt? great
worn out jeans, you bet

white shirt, slacks, blazer? Sorry pal, wrong uniform. For example.
Except these days it is more about saying the right words. Not that
the whole pronoun thing was not born during the hippy movement.

In the early days of my Occupy Mordor group on fb, luke and I went
around and around about his ideas. I say, granted do something. First
of all do two things.

1) figure out how it is that, after the revolution, much the same
sorts return to power with different titles, and be prepared to avoid
that next time.

2) find a more effective attack on the system than marching with
signs, singing, chanting, rioting, yelling, running through streets.
People in power have a much better idea how to deal effecctively with
such behavior now than they did 60 years ago. But still, if crowds
are very large enough, and if they stay in the streets very long
enough, they can have an effect. Even then, those things are crude
tools. It has become too easy to pretend to change something while
changing nothing. A more effective and more precise attack is
needeed.

Luke's attitude was, I don't want to spend time thinking. I want to
get out there doing stuff. Something.

He eventually left om. When I visit fb short fat guys these days, he
doesn't throw me out. But he tells me that my mind is locked in
status quo thinking.

I continue to think that the world doesn't need another failed
revolution. Let's do it right this time. Don't you think?

Somewhere in the late 60's/early 70's, Sargent Shriver said, "we don't
protest in this country. We vote and we accept the result". Not so
much any more. The time is at hand. Are we ready? Have the r's beat
us to it and devised a more effective and precise way to get change?
Gerymandering and preventing certain people from voting. Will the
rest of us let them get away with it? Or will the rest of us riot and
chain people to cars?
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 1, 2021, 10:19:09 PM12/1/21
A well funded Tea Party was far more effective than Occupy. - Occupy
was started by hobos with no money and no hope.

So let's admire the Tea Party ! That's freedom for you. It gets the
vote.

I'm glad to see all of absfg is on the side of well-funded political
action, while laughing at the poor slobs trying to change things for the
better - for kids growing up schooled in assinine schools, for
low paying jobs that single mothers need two to live, etc.

You guys are hopeless and waving the flags brainwashed into your heads
like Wilson and Julian. Suit yourself in Wonder Bread. I'll make sure to
smear you occasionally with dollops of Skippy peanut butter.

liaM

Dec 1, 2021, 10:21:19 PM12/1/21
So what did you think of the Tea Party when it first appeared?

Noah Sombrero

Dec 1, 2021, 10:36:13 PM12/1/21
So, what the hobos need is a better attack.

>So let's admire the Tea Party ! That's freedom for you. It gets the
>vote.
>
>I'm glad to see all of absfg is on the side of well-funded political
>action,

Not quite all of short fat guy. I think you didn't read carefully.

>while laughing at the poor slobs trying to change things for the
>better - for kids growing up schooled in assinine schools, for
>low paying jobs that single mothers need two to live, etc.
>
>You guys are hopeless and waving the flags brainwashed into your heads
>like Wilson and Julian. Suit yourself in Wonder Bread. I'll make sure to
>smear you occasionally with dollops of Skippy peanut butter.

Hey wilson, liaM thinks I am on your side. Imagine that.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 1, 2021, 11:21:13 PM12/1/21
Luke's message to me is that I am stuck in status quo thinking. My
message to him is that he is stuck in repeating behaviors that do not
work.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 1, 2021, 11:34:25 PM12/1/21
You are intolerant about protesting because, according to you, this
breeds intolerance.
No doubt, then, you have doubts about protest related to the woke themes
derided by nearly everyone here, trans, BLM, MeToo, climate change, science

You may not be "on the side of Wilson", rather, I see you as being
yet another crab in the absfg basket of crabs. In truth, duplicity rules
among crabs and derision is its expression. Duplicity, because, it's
all well and good for Wilson to deride woke stuff, just as you counter
him on the same topics. Yet Wilson's only interest in the matter
are taxation and freedom from gov't interference, and yours? Is it not
a constant need to put an ideological blanket on everything that goes on
here?

Where's your talk about the aims of the woke movement? How are
you defending the aims of justice for the less well off among us?
No. I hear you spinning opposition to the derision cast by
Julian/Wilson/Sanfie on a supposed ideological cleft. You're their
foil, Noah.

CRABSFG !

Sanford Manley

Dec 1, 2021, 11:57:15 PM12/1/21
They used the system. I thought it was fine.

Sanford Manley

Dec 1, 2021, 11:59:38 PM12/1/21
Let me clarify. I am not against protest per se. I am against
looting, burning, violence, and I believe that extended occupations
soon discredit the goals they seek, especially when they are
an anarchy.

Julian

Dec 2, 2021, 5:42:07 AM12/2/21

Julian

Dec 2, 2021, 6:12:08 AM12/2/21
It's not Coffee.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 2, 2021, 8:50:07 AM12/2/21
Not intolerant of protest. I don't think the long term shows that it
accomplishes much. I'm scouring the bottom of the pot for a new idea.
I'm not sure what breeds luke's unwillingness to abide people he
doesn't agree with (tolerate), but there it is.

I say, don't refuse to talk or listen to anybody. When you do that
you are off the deep end. Besides which, we all who can be talked to
are not the enemy. Occupy got that right. The enemy is the 1% where
you do not have an entree. People who are surrounded by hundreds of
answer people whose job is to make sure you never get to do that. And,
since you never get to associate with those people, you don't know
what to say to them if you could.

Bill Maher lassos one of these people from time to time. He asks
them, how much money do you actually need? Couldn't you limp along on
1 billion and do something useful with the rest? So far, no straight
answer.

>You may not be "on the side of Wilson", rather, I see you as being
>yet another crab in the absfg basket of crabs. In truth, duplicity rules
>among crabs and derision is its expression. Duplicity, because, it's
>all well and good for Wilson to deride woke stuff, just as you counter
>him on the same topics.

I counter him on a good deal more than that. I don't think woke is a
big issue for either of us. Although it is a convenient shamer for
him to tack onto issues when he can't think of something better. His
tactic is to attempt to discredit or mock positions he doesn't like.
His hope is to foment discord which he sees as helpful in getting the
upheaval he seeks. And motivating to people who might agree with him.

>Yet Wilson's only interest in the matter
>are taxation and freedom from gov't interference, and yours? Is it not
>a constant need to put an ideological blanket on everything that goes on
>here?

I think you haven't read what I said.

>Where's your talk about the aims of the woke movement?

You haven't noticed? I think blacks are right to not want to get
killed. I think the woke movement tactics has alienated people who
might agree.

Or as Bill Maher says, the reason the word woke is now a pejorative is
that people generally see it as unreasonable and snotty.

I mention him from time to time to give him credit for things I say
but he said first.

>How are you defending the aims of justice for the less well off among us?

By countering conservatism which is mostly about interests of the very
well off. Even if many c's don't understand that.

>No. I hear you spinning opposition to the derision cast by
>Julian/Wilson/Sanfie on a supposed ideological cleft. You're their
>foil, Noah.

That would be why julian won't talk to me any more? Yes derision. It
is their tool, and I counter it, but not with spin, I think. They
don't like that. They want me to shut up and go away. As julian has
so clearly expressed. Not a chance julie baby.

--
Noah Sombrero

Sanford Manley

Dec 2, 2021, 9:04:58 AM12/2/21
France had a sustained dalliance with fascism and antisemitism
leading up to World War II. Anti-Islamic propaganda sells and
is growing. The open borders EU policy is promoting a serious
backlash. The legacy of France's colonial past compounds the
affect.

Wilson

Dec 2, 2021, 9:51:42 AM12/2/21
Which political movements are the very well off supporting? How about
the largest corporations?

It's certainly not the people who are promoting liberty and the
impartial rule of law.

You are both living in the past. It's not 1969 any more.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 2, 2021, 10:31:07 AM12/2/21
On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 09:51:40 -0500, Wilson <Wil...@nowhere.net> wrote:

>On 12/2/2021 8:50 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 05:34:23 +0100, liaM <cud...@mindless.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How are you defending the aims of justice for the less well off among us?
>>
>> By countering conservatism which is mostly about interests of the very
>> well off. Even if many c's don't understand that.
>

>Which political movements are the very well off supporting? How about
>the largest corporations?

Most often it is the one that they think is most likely to win. Which
then often means both. That does not mean that the r's don't do
better on that score by a wide margin.

>It's certainly not the people who are promoting liberty

You mean your version of liberty.

>and the impartial rule of law.

You mean like the one who cannot be named should be in jail?

>You are both living in the past. It's not 1969 any more.

And it is no longer possible to work a litte job a few days a week and
be able to afford an apartment and buy food and spend the rest of the
time in being a hippy. Or it is no longer possible for the average
worker to have a full time factory job, a wife and kids, house and car
while wife stays home with the kids. There are places in the us where
it is now nearly impossible to have a job at all.

Biden has been trying to insist on made in america as much as he can
get away with while not getting much credit for that and pissing off
canada and mexico. The far east, on the other hand, is not
complaining.

These are old old arguments that go back and forth.

To my mind, the problem is that huge corporations have too much power.
They can send good paying jobs overseas where work gets done for
pennies and nobody complalins about environmental degradation. This
is essentially where the protests of the 60's have gotten us. It is
the consequence of thinking that laws and politics can change
corporate behavior. Corporate hegemony and corporate feudalism.

Protest does not work, liaM. Think of something else.

Or as Steve Jobs told Obama when he went to visit, "Those jobs are not
coming back. Forget it."
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Dec 2, 2021, 2:26:36 PM12/2/21
On 12/1/2021 9:55 PM, Noah Sombrero wrote:

> Somewhere in the late 60's/early 70's, Sargent Shriver said, "we don't
> protest in this country. We vote and we accept the result". Not so
> much any more. The time is at hand. Are we ready? Have the r's beat
> us to it and devised a more effective and precise way to get change?
> Gerymandering and preventing certain people from voting. Will the
> rest of us let them get away with it? Or will the rest of us riot and
> chain people to cars?

Once again you're pointing fingers in one direction only while the other
side does the same sort of thing. Gerrymandering is just as widespread
in states the Dems control. I point you to Maryland which has a
legislature that's been completely controlled by Dems for 50 years and
has congressional districts which are the most convoluted in the nation.
Absolutely insanely drawn districts.

As to preventing people from voting, that shouldn't happen. But neither
should enabling voter fraud by using mail in ballots that are are not
adjudicated properly with signature verification and other controls.

Wilson

Dec 2, 2021, 2:29:02 PM12/2/21
On 12/2/2021 10:31 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:

> These are old old arguments that go back and forth.
>
> To my mind, the problem is that huge corporations have too much power.
> They can send good paying jobs overseas where work gets done for
> pennies and nobody complalins about environmental degradation. This
> is essentially where the protests of the 60's have gotten us. It is
> the consequence of thinking that laws and politics can change
> corporate behavior. Corporate hegemony and corporate feudalism.
>
> Protest does not work, liaM. Think of something else.

We agree on this much.

> Or as Steve Jobs told Obama when he went to visit, "Those jobs are not
> coming back. Forget it."

The jobs were coming back under Trump. But orange man made bad tweets.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 2, 2021, 2:58:43 PM12/2/21
On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 14:26:33 -0500, Wilson <Wil...@nowhere.net> wrote:

>On 12/1/2021 9:55 PM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>>
>> Somewhere in the late 60's/early 70's, Sargent Shriver said, "we don't
>> protest in this country. We vote and we accept the result". Not so
>> much any more. The time is at hand. Are we ready? Have the r's beat
>> us to it and devised a more effective and precise way to get change?
>> Gerymandering and preventing certain people from voting. Will the
>> rest of us let them get away with it? Or will the rest of us riot and
>> chain people to cars?
>
>Once again you're pointing fingers in one direction only while the other
>side does the same sort of thing. Gerrymandering is just as widespread
>in states the Dems control. I point you to Maryland which has a
>legislature that's been completely controlled by Dems for 50 years and
>has congressional districts which are the most convoluted in the nation.
>Absolutely insanely drawn districts.

And you are thinking that they did it too, or they did it worse is a
defense.

It is true that the trick is hard to get rid of because neither side
wants to give up being able to do it. That does not mean that the r's
are not pushing it to the limit this time.

>As to preventing people from voting, that shouldn't happen. But neither
>should enabling voter fraud by using mail in ballots that are are not
>adjudicated properly with signature verification and other controls.

I don't know how it is done in other states, but in Oregon where I can
still vote, I must first request a ballot. They send it to me. I
send it back in double envelope. The outside envelope is signed.
They first check that I did request a mail in ballot, and that the
signature is valid. The inside evelope is anonymous. The ballot is
removed from the inside evelope and then there is no way to know where
it came from.

Part of being able to request a mail in ballot is that I must provide
my last address in oregon. It does not matter if the address no
longer exists That too is verified at their end.

If they receive more than one ballot from me, or if I did not request
it, the ballot(s) are not counted. I lived in Oregon for a long time
and they know all about me from previous voter records, dmv records,
income tax records. It looks safe to me.

I suspect it is done much the same elsewhere. Why would it not?
Especially in a world where voter administrators proved themselves to
be muchly unimpeachable even under severe pressure otherwise in r
states from a loosing candidate. But, you see, those proven
administrators are out and new clearly less upright ones are in for
the next time. All hell breaks loose. Perhaps you don't want that to
happen.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 2, 2021, 3:03:24 PM12/2/21
We'll need to let the historians debate that one in a few hundred
years after all interested parties are long dead.

>But orange man made bad tweets.

If people were seeing a noticable movement of jobs back from asia, it
would not have mattered.
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Dec 2, 2021, 5:27:58 PM12/2/21
The relentless legacy media pounding he took combined with the lies from
the likes of Schiff ("I have access to secret intelligence that says
he's going to be put behind bars!") and Pelosi and their hench persons
AND the relaxed voting standards, meant it did matter.

The economy at the end of 2019 was the best in literally generations.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 2, 2021, 7:04:33 PM12/2/21
The best ever, he would say. You know what, I'm going to have to
doubt that.
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Dec 3, 2021, 11:05:43 AM12/3/21
On 12/2/2021 7:04 PM, Noah Sombrero wrote:

>> The economy at the end of 2019 was the best in literally generations.
>
> The best ever, he would say. You know what, I'm going to have to
> doubt that.

Facts refute your doubt.

CNBC’s Jim Cramer: "You can’t contradict that these are the best
numbers of our lives. You can’t." The unemployment rate was 3.5%,
matching a 50-year low.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/cramer-like-or-hate-trump-these-are-the-best-numbers-of-our-lives-on-jobs.html

In 2019 the median household income in the U.S. was the highest ever on
record
Median household income in 2019 was $68,703, an increase of 6.8% from
the previous year.
The poverty rate in 2019 was 10.5%, a decrease from 11.8% in 2018. It
was the fifth consecutive annual decline in the national poverty rate,
according to the Census Bureau.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/income-us-rose-2019-uninsured-73028629

With the unemployment rate holding at its 50-year low, 68% of Americans
say it's a good time to find a quality job in the U.S.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/283940/economic-confidence-highest-point-2000.aspx

Noah Sombrero

Dec 3, 2021, 11:40:03 AM12/3/21
On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 11:05:39 -0500, Wilson <Wil...@nowhere.net> wrote:

>>> The economy at the end of 2019 was the best in literally generations.
>>
>> The best ever, he would say. You know what, I'm going to have to
>> doubt that.
>

>Facts refute your doubt.
>
>CNBC’s Jim Cramer: "You can’t contradict that these are the best
>numbers of our lives. You can’t." The unemployment rate was 3.5%,
>matching a 50-year low.
>https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/cramer-like-or-hate-trump-these-are-the-best-numbers-of-our-lives-on-jobs.html
>
>In 2019 the median household income in the U.S. was the highest ever on
>record
>Median household income in 2019 was $68,703, an increase of 6.8% from
>the previous year.
>The poverty rate in 2019 was 10.5%, a decrease from 11.8% in 2018. It
>was the fifth consecutive annual decline in the national poverty rate,
>according to the Census Bureau.

5 years. It is true that he benefitted greatly from obama financial
policies. But we were talking about jobs back from asia. I don't
think so. So far, no pres has been able to pull that off. Canada and
mexico maybe if biden can get away with it.

>https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/income-us-rose-2019-uninsured-73028629
>
>With the unemployment rate holding at its 50-year low, 68% of Americans
>say it's a good time to find a quality job in the U.S.
>https://news.gallup.com/poll/283940/economic-confidence-highest-point-2000.aspx

Great. Now tell me about jobs for iron/steel workers in ohio, much of
anybody at all in wv. Detroit.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 3, 2021, 12:13:48 PM12/3/21
On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:39:58 -0500, Noah Sombrero <hibi...@fea.st>
wrote:
How about a good paying factory job that allows an average joe to lead
a normal life? Wife, kids, house, car, wife stays home with the kids?
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Dec 3, 2021, 1:14:39 PM12/3/21
Best economy in 50 years.

That's what you were doubting. That's what I refuted. Deal with it.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 3, 2021, 1:36:10 PM12/3/21
My assertion was that, if people could see that jobs were actually
coming back, his orange tweets would not have mattered, he would have
been reelected by an honest count.

You countered by saying the economy in 2019 was super duper. Maybe,
maybe not, but that is not a response to my assertion.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 3, 2021, 3:28:43 PM12/3/21
The economy is even better now, better prepared for a rocky future.
Biden managed to convince Europe and Asia to apply a 15% corporate tax
on the GAFA corporations. No more tax havens for big corporations, etc.
Meanwhile -have you seen the current upswell in employment and wages?
Biden's greatest achievement (apart from the build back better bill) is
to have erased trickle down as anything more than a trick played on the
working class -

Noah Sombrero

Dec 3, 2021, 3:53:43 PM12/3/21
Let's see if they actually pay that.

>No more tax havens for big corporations, etc.

Too easy. I bet they will find a way. Remember when it was that
leona said, " Only the little people pay taxes"? It was *on her way*
to prision for tax evasion. That is the way these people think,
whether they say it or not.

>Meanwhile -have you seen the current upswell in employment and wages?
>Biden's greatest achievement (apart from the build back better bill) is
>to have erased trickle down as anything more than a trick played on the
>working class -

Spose the r's will remember that next time they want a big tax cut?
Like Jan 21 2025? Spose those who want to believe in trickle will be
convinced it was a trick?

But, yeh, if nothing else, thanks for the effort and good intentions,
joe.

Regardless, take that, wilson. And that.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 3, 2021, 4:33:17 PM12/3/21
On 12/3/2021 9:53 PM, Noah Sombrero wrote:

> Regardless, take that, wilson. And that.

And he believes what he believes and he isn't even a capitalist!
He works for a living unlike capitalists whose capital
makes them a living.

Wilson

Dec 3, 2021, 4:44:43 PM12/3/21
LOL

Delusions about how the gains in compensation are not being outpaced by
inflation *and* thinking that taxing less doesn't actually help people?

Ha!

Wilson

Dec 3, 2021, 4:45:30 PM12/3/21
Say it after me:

"The free market is good."

Noah Sombrero

Dec 3, 2021, 5:06:48 PM12/3/21
Understood. That is what you think.

My thinking is that government is actually an attempt of the masses to
better their position relative to powerful people in society. To
level the playing field a little bit.

That is why powerful people want to keep government as powerless as
possible. And they see paying taxes as providing them zero benefit
(armies, roads, bridges) while supporting what they really wish did
not exist.

So there is this constant tension between those who would like to
enslave us and we who do not wish to be enslaved. And we have this
compromise where the masses are not entirely enslaved, but also not
entirely free.

And not satisfactory to either party, which is the nature of
compromise. This is probably as good as humans are capable of at this
point in their evolution. Let us tremble to tamper the forces that
keep this compromise in place. At least until we learn how to improve
the situation, which we do not know right now. That lesson is so hard
to accept.
--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Dec 3, 2021, 5:36:49 PM12/3/21
Isn't he French, or partially?

He sees the wisdom in having to get the Mayor's
permission in triplicate before you can buy a
paper clip.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 3, 2021, 7:30:35 PM12/3/21
On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 22:36:49 +0000, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Ad absurdum alert.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 3, 2021, 10:27:53 PM12/3/21
Natch, Wilson. Even the Chinese and the Russians have joined the
bandwagon. What's not so hot are the shenanigans that big money
encourages, i.e. buying politicians to increase profits, something
at which republican financial interests excel.

liaM

Dec 3, 2021, 10:28:51 PM12/3/21
Julian going downhill is nothing new, Noah.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 2:23:11 AM12/4/21
In article <so93oi$fut$1...@dont-email.me>, ans...@gmail.com says...
> From the quote file:
>
>"Look at the world. If Buddha's enlightenment can save the
>world, why killings and war and hatred still exist now ?"
>-Bluesky
>
>It has had about 2500 years to work.

Pfft. Anyone looking for a magic saviour, maybe like
a genie who can take an impossibly non-specific idea
like "no suffering anymore for anyone everywhere" and
make it happen just by wishing it so, is bound to be
disappointed by anything less. Big deal. A good
criticism is based on good reasoning, not wishful
garbage.

This particular species of garbage sequences to a
genome something like this.

Hunger is bad.
No one would be hungry if everyone had enough food.
Those who have enough food are often good farmers.
Farming has been around for over 3000 years, yet
there is still hunger in the world.
Therefore, if good farming hasn't ended hunger yet,
what use is it?

Pfft. Pfft. Pfft.

--
Love
I'm too lazy to figure out my pronouns

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 2:30:58 AM12/4/21
In article <so97o7$5bm$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>On 12/2/2021 1:35 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 19:24:50 -0500, Sanford Manley <ans...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> From the quote file:
>>>
>>> "Look at the world. If Buddha's enlightenment can save the
>>> world, why killings and war and hatred still exist now ?"
>>> -Bluesky
>>>
>>> It has had about 2500 years to work.
>>
>> As I was saying to liaM a while back.
>>

>And that's why you do nothing and why you put down
>people like Luke that don't sit around doing nothing.
>I was delighted to hear how luke was seen handcuffing
>OCCUPY protesters to car door handles.
>
>Equally, I barf on whoever tags what Luke is doing
>with the usual marxism, woke mess, etc. tags. I have more
>respect for Luke than to tag him a worthless extremist.
>
>Extremism is pretty disgusting, especially the extremism
>that stuffs its prejudices into a woke bag to laugh about
>and disregard.

So doing something rather than nothing good.

And stuffing one's own extremism into a social
justice radical bag that decries all who
disagree and accuses them of various disgusting
things, that's not "disgusting" itself.

Got it.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 2:34:23 AM12/4/21
In article <v3agqg5qvf7pvd7pv...@4ax.com>, hibi...@fea.st
says...
> [...]
>needeed.
>
>Luke's attitude was, I don't want to spend time thinking. I want to
>get out there doing stuff. Something.
>
>He eventually left om. When I visit fb short fat guys these days, he
>doesn't throw me out. But he tells me that my mind is locked in
>status quo thinking.
>
>I continue to think that the world doesn't need another failed
>revolution. Let's do it right this time. Don't you think?
>
>Somewhere in the late 60's/early 70's, Sargent Shriver said, "we don't
>protest in this country. We vote and we accept the result". Not so
>much any more. The time is at hand. Are we ready? Have the r's beat
>us to it and devised a more effective and precise way to get change?
>Gerymandering and preventing certain people from voting. Will the
>rest of us let them get away with it? Or will the rest of us riot and

You're disappointing me Noah. You'll need to
give me more to work with than that very
sensible shit if you want me to call you a
misanthropic elitist again.

Sanford Manley

Dec 4, 2021, 2:37:47 AM12/4/21
(sad face)

--
Sanford M. Manley

"Trying to be right all the time
is a very subtle way of being wrong."

Sanford Manley

Dec 4, 2021, 2:40:35 AM12/4/21
People are getting raises that force them out of social programs
and tax credits. They might even pay some taxes.

Sanford Manley

Dec 4, 2021, 2:41:36 AM12/4/21
It is in a constant state of change.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 2:58:52 AM12/4/21
In article <so9dvb$77n$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>On 12/2/2021 3:55 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:

>A well funded Tea Party was far more effective than Occupy. - Occupy
>was started by hobos with no money and no hope.

Hobos with subscriptions to AdBusters and with
Naomi Klein in their libraries, maybe.

Occupy was almost immediately declared the
property of the left, and leftist organisations
(some of which I have supported) immediately
jockeyed for the position of who speaks for it.
Since Occupy was anarchic in nature and at the
very beginning even handed the mic to people
who identified as Tea Party, this was easy to
do.

We do need another Occupy moment, and it may
come, but not because of vocational radicals,
rather, because circumstances makes people take
radical actions spontaneously.

>I'm glad to see all of absfg is on the side of well-funded political
>action, while laughing at the poor slobs trying to change things for the
>better - for kids growing up schooled in assinine schools, for
>low paying jobs that single mothers need two to live, etc.
>
>You guys are hopeless and waving the flags brainwashed into your heads
>like Wilson and Julian. Suit yourself in Wonder Bread. I'll make sure to
>smear you occasionally with dollops of Skippy peanut butter.

Yeah well, I'll shit in your headphones, straight
up. Or at least get my cat to do it.

Would you even recognise "poor slobs trying to
change things for the better" if they weren't
spouting neomarxist rhetoric? Or are the only
"victims" you recognise the same ones officially
identified and petrified in history by the early
seventies?

Yeah, technically that's a false dilemma. My
cat awaits your answer nonetheless.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 3:01:07 AM12/4/21
In article <so9icg$rre$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...

>CRABSFG !

Now THAT is a keeper!

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 4:28:01 AM12/4/21
In article <sobh9d$tnb$1...@dont-email.me>, Wil...@nowhere.net says...
Pick Your Metrics(tm) is the name of the game.
Painting a complete story within a 4-year by
4-year picture frame is the aim of the game.

Eight years of Obama planting fruit trees
might have been useful around harvest time,
unless "useful" is excluded by partisan or
ideological necessity.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 4:51:25 AM12/4/21
In article <sodf8l$5eq$1...@dont-email.me>, Wil...@nowhere.net says...

>In 2019 the median household income in the U.S. was the highest ever on
>record
>Median household income in 2019 was $68,703, an increase of 6.8% from
>the previous year.

Completely meaningless unless expressed as a
proportion of the cost of essentials like
housing, education, healthcare, food, etc..
If income goes up 6.8% in the same year that
housing costs go up 20%, that is not economic
improvement.

>The poverty rate in 2019 was 10.5%, a decrease from 11.8% in 2018. It
>was the fifth consecutive annual decline in the national poverty rate,
>according to the Census Bureau.
>https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/income-us-rose-2019-uninsured-73028629

I'm really tired of silly indices open to arbitrary
definitions, but this one seems to show that the
declines started in 2015, and we know that can't
be right...not orange enough.

>With the unemployment rate holding at its 50-year low, 68% of Americans
>say it's a good time to find a quality job in the U.S.
>https://news.gallup.com/poll/283940/economic-confidence-highest-point-2000.asp

That is the one piece of worthwhile data, if you
trust Gallup's sampling methods.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 6:37:14 AM12/4/21
In article <sof5s9$jds$1...@dont-email.me>, ans...@gmail.com says...
Don't be sad. You can rub my belly and I'll
tell you the other story instead!

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 8:01:32 AM12/4/21
It's so good you were here to point that out.

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 8:03:14 AM12/4/21
Keep on denying our new reality where all of the corporations are woke
and you can't get a credit card if you have bad posts criticizing BLM.

All hail our new overlords.

Message has been deleted

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 8:08:44 AM12/4/21
People like liaM and Noah still think the government is there to help
them and not the powerful and very rich. When virtually all of the
evidence is pointing the other way.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 8:16:14 AM12/4/21
On 12/4/2021 4:51 AM, Love wrote:
> In article <sodf8l$5eq$1...@dont-email.me>, Wil...@nowhere.net says...
>>
>> In 2019 the median household income in the U.S. was the highest ever on
>> record
>> Median household income in 2019 was $68,703, an increase of 6.8% from
>> the previous year.
>
> Completely meaningless unless expressed as a
> proportion of the cost of essentials like
> housing, education, healthcare, food, etc..
> If income goes up 6.8% in the same year that
> housing costs go up 20%, that is not economic
> improvement.

It's fairly well accepted that inflation wasn't a problem until 2020.
During 2018-19 the Federal Reserve were doing their best to increase
inflation up towards their goal of 2%, because they believe (mistakenly
imo) that deflation is dangerous and we were flirting with it at that time.

>> The poverty rate in 2019 was 10.5%, a decrease from 11.8% in 2018. It
>> was the fifth consecutive annual decline in the national poverty rate,
>> according to the Census Bureau.
>> https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/income-us-rose-2019-uninsured-73028629
>
> I'm really tired of silly indices open to arbitrary
> definitions, but this one seems to show that the
> declines started in 2015, and we know that can't
> be right...not orange enough.

Come on, are you saying the government might lie to us?

>> With the unemployment rate holding at its 50-year low, 68% of Americans
>> say it's a good time to find a quality job in the U.S.
>> https://news.gallup.com/poll/283940/economic-confidence-highest-point-2000.asp
>
> That is the one piece of worthwhile data, if you
> trust Gallup's sampling methods.

Actually it might be the least worthwhile as sampling in most polls are
way too small. They have the belief that they can extrapolate reality
from small numbers of people because they understand how people think.

Julian

Dec 4, 2021, 8:17:08 AM12/4/21
Maybe they are powerful and rich but in heavy disguise...
Maybe their feeble and pathetic countenance is just a ruse?

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 8:23:48 AM12/4/21
Curb your enthusiasm. But, with your concurrence, julian knows he
didn't get away with it.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 8:29:24 AM12/4/21
Ha. Imagine cc companies scouring years of fb posts looking for a bad
one. For each of hundreds of thousands of customers. Imagine
rejecting 90% of the south. It's not there. My brain can't contain
the possibility.
--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Dec 4, 2021, 8:33:06 AM12/4/21
It's funny. The more disturbed the ugly sisters
become the more I feel on the right track.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 8:41:50 AM12/4/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 02:41:35 -0500, Sanford Manley <ans...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Struggled over and renegotiated. Not entirely satisfactory to
anybody. Neither side understanding what the stakes are, which helps
them feel free to try to grab the whole pie for their side.

Best not to destabilize further an unstable situation. Extreme
popular leaders could blow the whole thing, especially while
pretending to do something else. Stand back and let them fight. Watch
out for flying chairs.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 8:49:49 AM12/4/21
It is only potentially there to help people. That is what the fight
is about. Powerful people do their best to discredit, demonize and
weaken it while pulling it their way. The rest of us try to
strengthen it and pull it our way. As it is, it is a compromise
between those two forces. Not entirely controlled by either side.

A small for instance: there is corporate welfare for the wealthy,
there is individual welfare for the poor. And both sides try to undo
welfare for the other. Struggle.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 8:56:45 AM12/4/21
Sensible shit is my game. You only now notice that?
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 8:58:38 AM12/4/21
Oversimplification works wonders.
--
Noah Sombrero

DMB

Dec 4, 2021, 12:48:45 PM12/4/21
On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 00:23:11 UTC-7, Love wrote:

> >"Look at the world. If Buddha's enlightenment can save the
> >world, why killings and war and hatred still exist now ?"
> This particular species of garbage sequences to a
> genome something like this.

> Hunger is bad.
> No one would be hungry if everyone had enough food.
> Those who have enough food are often good farmers.
> Farming has been around for over 3000 years, yet
> there is still hunger in the world.
> Therefore, if good farming hasn't ended hunger yet,
> what use is it?

> Pfft. Pfft. Pfft.

Right. Are the killers and haters Dharma refugees?

DMB

Dec 4, 2021, 12:53:04 PM12/4/21
On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 06:17:08 UTC-7, Julian wrote:
> > People like liaM and Noah still think the government is there to help
> > them and not the powerful and very rich. When virtually all of the
> > evidence is pointing the other way.

> Maybe they are powerful and rich but in heavy disguise...
> Maybe their feeble and pathetic countenance is just a ruse?

You mean, maybe the Noble [belonging to a hereditary class with high social or political status] are noble [having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals]? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

DMB

Dec 4, 2021, 1:22:42 PM12/4/21
On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 10:53:04 UTC-7, DMB wrote:

> > Maybe they are powerful and rich but in heavy disguise...
> > Maybe their feeble and pathetic countenance is just a ruse?

> You mean, maybe the Noble [belonging to a hereditary class with high social or political status] are noble [having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals]? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

“I loved mankind; I wanted everybody to be an enthusiastic aspirant to the absolute. I expected everyone to be as sensitive about honour as I was myself. My disillusionment drove me more and more to determine that the only thing worth doing was to save humanity from its own ignorant heartlessness.” - A. Crowley

Julian

Dec 4, 2021, 1:29:14 PM12/4/21
He succeeded.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 1:35:54 PM12/4/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 09:53:03 -0800 (PST), DMB <sgma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Nope, can't imagine that either.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 1:36:48 PM12/4/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:22:41 -0800 (PST), DMB <sgma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Unfortunately, no can do.
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 1:49:51 PM12/4/21
I'm surprised you didn't give my post a sarcasm alert.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 1:53:02 PM12/4/21
Nah, you didn't think anybody failed to notice did you?
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 2:04:42 PM12/4/21
Based on your posts, it appears your brain can't contain many things
that are real.

Online lenders, and even a few banks, are starting to look at social
media profiles when making a loan decision, which impacts both consumer
AND business lending. What they see on your profile or page can
influence their final decision.

According to Takepart, “there are no rules about how lending companies
are allowed to use harvested social media information to make their
decisions. The problem with social media information, obviously, is that
there [are] no reliable metric[s] to discern what relationships are
genuine and which are simply the nature of online life.”

It’s an unregulated gray area thus far, but if you are about to apply
for a significant loan, such as a mortgage or small business loan, it
might be a smart move to clean up your social media presence beforehand.

https://www.horizoncommunitybank.com/social-media-impacts-loans/

https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/using-social-media-for-credit-scoring/

https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-social-credit-score-separating-the-data-from-the-noise/

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/social-credits-and-security/

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 2:14:32 PM12/4/21
On 12/3/2021 5:06 PM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:44:41 -0500, Wilson <Wil...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
>> Delusions about how the gains in compensation are not being outpaced by
>> inflation *and* thinking that taxing less doesn't actually help people?
>>
>> Ha!
>
> Understood. That is what you think.
>
> My thinking is that government is actually an attempt of the masses to
> better their position relative to powerful people in society. To
> level the playing field a little bit.
>
> That is why powerful people want to keep government as powerless as
> possible. And they see paying taxes as providing them zero benefit
> (armies, roads, bridges) while supporting what they really wish did
> not exist.

I once again must point out that you're living within a mythical story
that was told to us but doesn't match reality. Powerful people use the
government to gain an advantage. They use it to regulate potential
competitors to make it harder to start a new business, and to harm their
competition. Regulatory Capture is the most widely known (and it's
really not all that widely known) method. That's where they pay
politicians and unelected regulators (and there are may ways to to this
like stock tips, speaking fees, jobs, etc) to pass new laws and rules
that benefit them.

Proponents of a smaller government are more likely to be the
entrepreneurs who are trying to get started in a business and find all
sorts of government obstacles in their way that slow or stop them.

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 2:23:49 PM12/4/21
In article <840fc4b1-e46f-433d...@googlegroups.com>, sgma...@gmail.com says...
Refugees or escapees? Who cares, really.
As long as there is just one of them, or
anyone ever suffers from any cause, for
that matter, all religions including
Buddhism are complete and total failures.

I don't know why we even bother getting
up in the morning in a world where even
just one child is crying for its mother.

--
Love
I'm too lazy to figure out my pronouns
so I'm leaving them up to you.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 2:24:08 PM12/4/21
even a few banks are starting to...

>media profiles when making a loan decision, which impacts both consumer
>AND business lending. What they see on your profile or page can
>influence their final decision.

can influence. Of course it can. My advice has always been, put
nothing in social media you wouldn't want your wife, mother,
grandkids, boss, your sunday school teacher, vladimir putin, mahatma
ghandi and the whole world to read.

My suggestion was that it is going to be impractical for lenders to
spend huge amounts of time searching through very many fb accounts.
Then add twitter, etc.

Although, I have heard that, for some time, employers have been
looking through that stuff, when considering whether to hire. There
being managably fewer accounts to scan.

When you say overlords above, I would agree if you said corporate
overlords. Corporate feudalism and corporate hegemony. From which
there is no appeal if they turn down your cc application, for
instance. Nothing like government.

>According to Takepart, “there are no rules about how lending companies
>are allowed to use harvested social media information to make their
>decisions. The problem with social media information, obviously, is that
>there [are] no reliable metric[s] to discern what relationships are
>genuine and which are simply the nature of online life.”
>
>It’s an unregulated gray area thus far, but if you are about to apply
>for a significant loan, such as a mortgage or small business loan, it
>might be a smart move to clean up your social media presence beforehand.
>
>https://www.horizoncommunitybank.com/social-media-impacts-loans/
>
>https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/using-social-media-for-credit-scoring/
>
>https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-social-credit-score-separating-the-data-from-the-noise/
>
>https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/social-credits-and-security/
--
Noah Sombrero

Love

Dec 4, 2021, 2:31:28 PM12/4/21
In article <b167acfe-2235-4af2...@googlegroups.com>, sgma...@gmail.com says...
I once thought the coxswain was really just
getting a free ride while contributing nothing.

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 2:41:30 PM12/4/21
No quarrel with any of that. But it is only half of the horse race.
The other horses with thread bare jockeys are whipping their horses
equally as hard. It ends up being a compromise.

Now imagine how it would be if there were no aoc's, no bernies, no
joes trying to see to it that the rich jockeys don't steal the whole
race.

And it is true that powerful people, and people who see things like
they do (like you) want government to be as powerless as possible. At
least when it comes to regulating what they want to do. Much less
costly for them if it were not necessary to hire armies of lobbyists.

A ceo's wet dream: No regulatory agencies to lobby, no taxes to
support social programs, no taxes to support the government they don't
want. Freedom to do as they please with no concern for employee
rights, environmental issues, social issues. Simply make piles of
money, and then when the time comes, scram to some comfy corner of the
world and forget the mess they left behind. Cause they *do not* care.
--
Noah Sombrero

DMB

Dec 4, 2021, 2:42:49 PM12/4/21
On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 12:23:49 UTC-7, Love wrote:

> >> This particular species of garbage sequences to a
> >> genome something like this.
> >
> >> Hunger is bad.
> >> No one would be hungry if everyone had enough food.
> >> Those who have enough food are often good farmers.
> >> Farming has been around for over 3000 years, yet
> >> there is still hunger in the world.
> >> Therefore, if good farming hasn't ended hunger yet,
> >> what use is it?
> >
> >> Pfft. Pfft. Pfft.
> >
> >Right. Are the killers and haters Dharma refugees?

> Refugees or escapees? Who cares, really.
> As long as there is just one of them, or
> anyone ever suffers from any cause, for
> that matter, all religions including
> Buddhism are complete and total failures.
>
> I don't know why we even bother getting
> up in the morning in a world where even
> just one child is crying for its mother.

If this world had no suffering, could we still get up in the morning knowing there are countless worlds that still do?

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 2:43:27 PM12/4/21
On 12/4/2021 4:27 AM, Love wrote:
> In article <sobh9d$tnb$1...@dont-email.me>, Wil...@nowhere.net says...

>>> We'll need to let the historians debate that one in a few hundred
>>> years after all interested parties are long dead.

>>> If people were seeing a noticable movement of jobs back from asia, it
>>> would not have mattered.
>>
>> The relentless legacy media pounding he took combined with the lies from
>> the likes of Schiff ("I have access to secret intelligence that says
>> he's going to be put behind bars!") and Pelosi and their hench persons
>> AND the relaxed voting standards, meant it did matter.
>>
>> The economy at the end of 2019 was the best in literally generations.
>
> Pick Your Metrics(tm) is the name of the game.
> Painting a complete story within a 4-year by
> 4-year picture frame is the aim of the game.
>
> Eight years of Obama planting fruit trees
> might have been useful around harvest time,
> unless "useful" is excluded by partisan or
> ideological necessity.

There's no doubt that the economy under Trump grew out of the economy
under Obama which grew out of the Bush era, etc.

But it's amazing what a few months under Biden have done. His first
acts were to undo as much of what Trump did as fast as possible.

That's why you're starting to see these on gas pumps all over the place
down here:

https://media.marketrealist.com/brand-img/sjUXMpZSZ/1600x838/biden-i-did0that-stickers-gas-pumps-1637079558591.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/wentworthreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/biden-inflation-petrol-gas-i-did-that.jpg

Wilson

Dec 4, 2021, 2:58:01 PM12/4/21
Whoa, man!

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 2:59:29 PM12/4/21
Yeh, it wasn't us, honest injun.
--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Dec 4, 2021, 3:23:49 PM12/4/21
On 04/12/2021 19:14, Wilson wrote:
> On 12/3/2021 5:06 PM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 16:44:41 -0500, Wilson <Wil...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Delusions about how the gains in compensation are not being outpaced by
>>> inflation *and* thinking that taxing less doesn't actually help people?
>>>
>>> Ha!
>>
>> Understood.  That is what you think.
>>
>> My thinking is that government is actually an attempt of the masses to
>> better their position relative to powerful people in society.  To
>> level the playing field a little bit.
>>
>> That is why powerful people want to keep government as powerless as
>> possible.  And they see paying taxes as providing them zero benefit
>> (armies, roads, bridges) while supporting what they really wish did
>> not exist.
>

> I once again must point out that you're living within a mythical story
> that was told to us but doesn't match reality.  Powerful people use the
> government to gain an advantage.

The bigger the government the bigger the advantage to those who own it.
It's like a pile of Gold; the bigger the better.

Julian

Dec 4, 2021, 3:27:22 PM12/4/21
I could.
How could I save those countless suffering worlds
if I didn't get up? Wish it, hope it or dream it?

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 3:39:36 PM12/4/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:23:48 +0000, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Right, so you better make sure that nobody owns it. Those rotten
lefties might turn out to be good for something after all.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Dec 4, 2021, 4:50:27 PM12/4/21
On 12/4/2021 8:30 AM, Love wrote:
> In article <so97o7$5bm$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>> On 12/2/2021 1:35 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:

>>> As I was saying to liaM a while back.
>>>

>> And that's why you do nothing and why you put down
>> people like Luke that don't sit around doing nothing.
>> I was delighted to hear how luke was seen handcuffing
>> OCCUPY protesters to car door handles.
>>
>> Equally, I barf on whoever tags what Luke is doing
>> with the usual marxism, woke mess, etc. tags. I have more
>> respect for Luke than to tag him a worthless extremist.
>>
>> Extremism is pretty disgusting, especially the extremism
>> that stuffs its prejudices into a woke bag to laugh about
>> and disregard.
>
> So doing something rather than nothing good.
>
> And stuffing one's own extremism into a social
> justice radical bag that decries all who
> disagree and accuses them of various disgusting
> things, that's not "disgusting" itself.
>
> Got it.

Snore :)

liaM

Dec 4, 2021, 4:52:30 PM12/4/21
On 12/4/2021 8:58 AM, Love wrote:
> In article <so9dvb$77n$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...

>>> Way too simple.

>>> Chaining people to junck cars.

>> A well funded Tea Party was far more effective than Occupy. - Occupy
>> was started by hobos with no money and no hope.
>
> Hobos with subscriptions to AdBusters and with
> Naomi Klein in their libraries, maybe.
>
> Occupy was almost immediately declared the
> property of the left, and leftist organisations
> (some of which I have supported) immediately
> jockeyed for the position of who speaks for it.
> Since Occupy was anarchic in nature and at the
> very beginning even handed the mic to people
> who identified as Tea Party, this was easy to
> do.
>
> We do need another Occupy moment, and it may
> come, but not because of vocational radicals,
> rather, because circumstances makes people take
> radical actions spontaneously.
>

>> I'm glad to see all of absfg is on the side of well-funded political
>> action, while laughing at the poor slobs trying to change things for the
>> better - for kids growing up schooled in assinine schools, for
>> low paying jobs that single mothers need two to live, etc.
>>
>> You guys are hopeless and waving the flags brainwashed into your heads
>> like Wilson and Julian. Suit yourself in Wonder Bread. I'll make sure to
>> smear you occasionally with dollops of Skippy peanut butter.
>
> Yeah well, I'll shit in your headphones, straight
> up. Or at least get my cat to do it.
>
> Would you even recognise "poor slobs trying to
> change things for the better" if they weren't
> spouting neomarxist rhetoric? Or are the only
> "victims" you recognise the same ones officially
> identified and petrified in history by the early
> seventies?
>
> Yeah, technically that's a false dilemma. My
> cat awaits your answer nonetheless.

You're such a turd with your marx and freewheeling judgments.
Phoeey

Noah Sombrero

Dec 4, 2021, 6:55:06 PM12/4/21
Whose the meanest mofo is fun when
1) the other person is unaware of the game
2) the other person doesn't want to play

but it is most fun when
the other person wants to play whose the smartest mofo.
--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Dec 4, 2021, 7:27:29 PM12/4/21
At least Love now knows what Denis Healey felt like.

liaM

Dec 4, 2021, 8:12:46 PM12/4/21
Fuck.

Love

Dec 5, 2021, 5:21:51 AM12/5/21
In article <sognus$f7v$2...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
Hey, I learned to do freewheeling judgements
from you!

Love

Dec 5, 2021, 5:31:12 AM12/5/21
In article <soh11f$b6j$1...@dont-email.me>, julia...@gmail.com says...
I know it's time to trim my eyebrows when the women
in my life pick up scissors and look like they are
just waiting for me to let my guard down.

Love

Dec 5, 2021, 5:36:13 AM12/5/21
In article <e5f16a87-2e5c-4b4e...@googlegroups.com>, sgma...@gmail.com says...
Yes, we could and most of us would. And
we might even vow to spread the dharma
until the last blade of grass has reached
nirvana.

Love

Dec 5, 2021, 5:41:02 AM12/5/21
In article <soggct$2kt$1...@dont-email.me>, Wil...@nowhere.net says...
What I want to know is how Biden upped my gas
prices at the same time. We have our own
refineries and we send more ole to y'all than
we use ourselves.

Love

Dec 5, 2021, 5:44:44 AM12/5/21
In article <1cknqgto00ophri7g...@4ax.com>, hibi...@fea.st says...
Not the rotten ones just the fresh ones.

Love

Dec 5, 2021, 5:46:05 AM12/5/21
In article <hrsmqg964qbg7vfan...@4ax.com>, fed...@fea.st says...
>On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 02:34:21 -0500, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <v3agqg5qvf7pvd7pv...@4ax.com>, hibi...@fea.st
>>says...

>>You're disappointing me Noah. You'll need to
>>give me more to work with than that very
>>sensible shit if you want me to call you a
>>misanthropic elitist again.
>
>Sensible shit is my game. You only now notice that?

Shit man, I nearly sprayed Fresca all over
my screen when I read that first sentence!
It is loading more messages.