crone moon, again

David Dalton

Feb 6, 2024, 3:28:30 PMFeb 6
February 6, 2023. To get UTC add 3.5 hours.

I started a new attempt at 3:58 p.m., slightly more than three
days before the exact time of Raven new (dark) moon.

I won’t post updates unless someone asks me to do so,
and if I post updates it will be just on alt.religion.druid .

“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs
Her head to find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (S.McL.)

David Dalton

Feb 6, 2024, 3:29:51 PMFeb 6
On Feb 6, 2024, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B72CDEC00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> February 6, 2023. To get UTC add 3.5 hours.

oops, 2024

gozan

Feb 7, 2024, 1:26:35 PMFeb 7
On Tuesday, February 6, 2024 at 2:29:51 PM UTC-6, David Dalton wrote:

> > I started a new attempt at 3:58 p.m., slightly more than three
> > days before the exact time of Raven new (dark) moon.

Apparently, as a character type, the crone shares
characteristics with the hag - an enlightened woman
who can induce "sleep paralysis".

Lucid dreaming does not affect the chances of sleep
paralysis but some lucid dreamers use this as a method
of inducing a lucid dream.

So, a 'lucid dream' is a dream in which the sleeper is
aware that he or she is dreaming. From what I've read,
the phenomenon of lucid dreaming has been well
established by scientific research.

Dream Yoga has been practiced by Tibetan Buddhists.
You may not be aware of the Trungpa Shambhala project.

In Tibetan Dream Yoga, maintaining full consciousness
while in the dream state is part of the training - very
similar to 'witnessing sleep' - which helps the individual
understand the unreality of waking consciousness as
phenomena.

Read more:

'Tibetan Yoga of Dream And Sleep'
by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
Snow Lion, 1998

Other titles of interest:

'Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines'
By Lama Kazi Dawa-Samdup and W. Y. Evans-Wentz
Oxford University Press, 1967

'The Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist Sects'
Alexandra David-Neel
City Lights, 2001

David Dalton

Feb 7, 2024, 5:03:47 PMFeb 7
On Feb 7, 2024, gozan wrote
(in article<ca7abff0-30bb-4d9a...@googlegroups.com>):
Interesting, thanks.

DRD

Noah Sombrero

Feb 7, 2024, 6:36:06 PMFeb 7
On Wed, 07 Feb 2024 18:33:45 -0330, David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com>
wrote:

>On Feb 7, 2024, gozan wrote
>(in article<ca7abff0-30bb-4d9a...@googlegroups.com>):

I am always amused by publishing of things like "secret teachings".
They obviously are no longer secret if they ever really were. Perhaps
they are simply things we here in na/eu are most likely unaware of.

--
Noah Sombrero

Richard Carl Silk

Feb 19, 2024, 5:54:14 PMFeb 19
Hey David, you may well likely "free yourself" of a WORLD of excess baggage
by simply considering the two basic elements of existence:
Unity (that which *includes* duality) and duality (that which *excludes*
Unity.)

For instance, lovers love lovers *and* haters, because that's what lovers
do;
haters *hate* lovers *and* haters, because that's what haters do.

One other example, "The Universe in a Donut"-

The Donut *includes* the hole;
the hole *excludes* the donut.

FYI, for a *fast* way to understanding *all* existence, unlocking *every*
word in the Bible Itself, simply read up at:
tinyurl.com/itta-TCoU and let me know how it went / goes for you ?