Greta

ansaman

Jan 5, 2024, 7:15:10 PMJan 5

liaM

Jan 5, 2024, 9:25:11 PMJan 5
On 1/6/2024 1:15 AM, ansaman wrote:
> https://x.com/DarkMithras/status/1743409907032867162

Send a pic of you dolled up, as a stud, of course!

Julian

Jan 6, 2024, 3:55:46 PMJan 6

Noah Sombrero

Jan 6, 2024, 4:47:18 PMJan 6
On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:55:45 +0000, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
This is just about the most enthusiastic ad hominem I have ever
stumbled over. Have you all filed your teeth into sharp points as
well?
--
Noah Sombrero

Ned

Jan 6, 2024, 6:13:37 PMJan 6
What a stealth hatchet-job! Ms. K. Stock managed to wrap up
every bit of Woke she could find into a big bad ball and call it
Greta Thunberg. She can stuff her smarmy bullshit where the
sun don't shine for all I care.

Now, I think it's fair to admit that Greta, our little gray Swedish
doom-gremlin, lovingly nicknamed 'TinTin', and not to digress,
but her full name is Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg,
which is pronounced, not to digress further, according to her,
in either of these two ways in the following two video clips...
GREH-tah TOON-berry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0B6AxeVNY8
G'YEH-tuh TOON-bearia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuiOL_pwG0
has an avowed philosophy of...
---
Greta Thunberg used to say her goal was to protect the planet from
climate change but she now admits it's to overthrow the whole
capitalist system, which she says is responsible for imperialism,
oppression, genocide, and "racist, oppressive extractionism".
---

Fine. Everybody should have a hobby. But Ms. Stock and her ilk
seem to be blissfully ignorant of the fact that this little lady has
had five species named after her, including one entirely new genus
(Thunberga)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg#Honours_and_awards

Remarkable! Who else has ever had five species named after them?
Seriously. I haven't researched it and don't really give a shit, but
maybe my buddy ChatGPT or my new buddy Bing could answer it.

Anyway, I DID make a great Greta T-Shirt a while ago, which I could
provide at cost (or cost plus a small appropriate profit, which I
promise to donate to my going out and getting drunk) to any people
interested in saving the earth from climate change, imperialism,
oppression, genocide, and/or racist, oppressive extractionism, and
the whole capitalist system! The T-Shirt can be any color but I would
suggest green (get it?), and it would contain the following graphic
on both the front and back...
https://i.postimg.cc/FR81xj6V/Greta_T-Shirt.jpg
(hi-res) https://postimg.cc/r0G8VtMD

The hi-res shows the detail on four of the five species named after
her, including the new genus Thunberga (which is spiders!).

Save the world! (And keep me drunk - I'm much less threatening
that way.)

Ned

Noah Sombrero

Jan 6, 2024, 7:38:14 PMJan 6
On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:13:36 -0800 (PST), Ned <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
Even more remarkable in that biologists who make discoveries most
often name them after themselves, much like other science types. So
why biologists and not astronomers or archeologists? I suspect it has
something to do with how well biologists understand the overarching
seriousness of the situation, and "How dare you!".

Too bad they are bugs and not lions or cheetahs.

--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Jan 6, 2024, 7:54:24 PMJan 6
Yeah.

Noah Sombrero

Jan 6, 2024, 10:27:14 PMJan 6
On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 00:54:22 +0000, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 06/01/2024 23:13, Ned wrote:
The remarkable thing not being that somebody did, but that somebody
might be moved to do that. The other remarkable thing is that other
people feel moved to award her such a finely tuned ad hominem, or as
ned says, stealth hatchet job. It is revealing that people find it
necessary to put so much effort into trying to destroy her
credibility.
--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Jan 7, 2024, 7:09:02 AMJan 7
Species are regularly named after famous people.
Lady Gaga has more than Greta. Obama is in double figures.
The scientists who discover and name species are desperate
for recognition/grants and thus the attach their discoveries
by name to the biggest celebrities of the day. There is even
a technical term for the process... to bandwagon.

Greta's credibilitiy is based on credentials only the credulous recognise.
Message has been deleted

Julian

Jan 7, 2024, 7:23:08 AMJan 7
Of course it is mere coincidence that Lady Gaga has released 6 albums
and has 6 species named after her. It would never occur to a record
company marketer to canvass a few universities to find some mutually
beneficial publicity arrangement.

liaM

Jan 7, 2024, 8:04:58 AMJan 7
On 1/7/2024 1:09 PM, Julian wrote:

> Greta's credibilitiy is based on credentials only the credulous recognise.

lol

Ned

Jan 7, 2024, 12:08:20 PMJan 7
Damn it! I knew some irascible geezer would look that up.

Fuck the internet!

Ned

Ned

Jan 7, 2024, 12:11:57 PMJan 7
Oh, exCUSE me! Make that "irascible old PARANOID geezer".

Ned

Noah Sombrero

Jan 7, 2024, 5:54:14 PMJan 7
On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:09:01 +0000, Julian <julia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 07/01/2024 00:54, Julian wrote:
>> On 06/01/2024 23:13, Ned wrote:
Could be. One wonders, then, why you favor her with such special
attentions?
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Jan 7, 2024, 6:24:22 PMJan 7
On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 17:54:11 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:
Like, for instance, ansa's contribution to the discussion is simply a
reflection of his special interest in all situations other than
military, but maybe a little there too. And being chunky or sexy has
no affect on a person's perspicacity generally.

But stealth hatchet jobs are most likely a direct attack on that very
quality of the individual in question. So, how cum, sir Julian, since
you claim that Greta has no credible credentials regardless?

--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Jan 7, 2024, 6:25:46 PMJan 7
On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 18:24:19 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
Oh, cripe, that should be hunky or sexy.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Jan 7, 2024, 6:46:28 PMJan 7
wrote:

>On 07/01/2024 00:54, Julian wrote:
>> On 06/01/2024 23:13, Ned wrote:
Well actually 14 for obama. That is a double figure isn't it? But
you did hope to suggest many more didn't you, didn't you, huh?

And yes:

It would certainly occur to a record company marketer to canvass a few
universities to find some mutually beneficial publicity arrangement.

The likelihood of greta or even obama canvassing such seems far more
remote though, they both being capable of generating publicity in
their own rights should they so desire.