For info

liaM

Oct 17, 2021, 7:32:54 PMOct 17

Love

Oct 17, 2021, 10:15:20 PMOct 17
In article <skibr4$bnb$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
> https://bulletin.appliedtransstudies.org/about/#aims-and-scope

Open access journals, bloggers being treated
like press, blogs being treat like newspapers;
where does the invitation to invent reality
by means of being citeable end?

Meanwhile, people keep beavering away. A
man's gotta have something to do besides shop
for new dresses, obviously.

--
Love

Noah Sombrero

Oct 17, 2021, 10:48:12 PMOct 17
On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 22:15:18 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:

>In article <skibr4$bnb$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>> https://bulletin.appliedtransstudies.org/about/#aims-and-scope
>
>Open access journals, bloggers being treated
>like press, blogs being treat like newspapers;
>where does the invitation to invent reality
>by means of being citeable end?

Invented reality. It's the latest sensation to go viral.

>Meanwhile, people keep beavering away. A
>man's gotta have something to do besides shop
>for new dresses, obviously.

Snarky?
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Oct 17, 2021, 11:51:01 PMOct 17
Check the list of academics involved with this new journal..
Believe it or not, people thinking and publishing their thoughts
in academic journals is of value, even when the subjects are so far
removed from the majorities's comfort zones ;)

liaM

Oct 17, 2021, 11:57:23 PMOct 17
Love is totally right. It started long ago and it will keep on going
until we get another prick elected president with the majority
given a reality to feel enthusiastic about.

Love

Oct 18, 2021, 12:10:22 AMOct 18
In article <skiqv3$7j8$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>On 10/18/2021 4:15 AM, Love wrote:
>> In article <skibr4$bnb$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>>> https://bulletin.appliedtransstudies.org/about/#aims-and-scope
>>
>> Open access journals, bloggers being treated
>> like press, blogs being treat like newspapers;
>> where does the invitation to invent reality
>> by means of being citeable end?
>>
>> Meanwhile, people keep beavering away. A
>> man's gotta have something to do besides shop
>> for new dresses, obviously.
>>

>Check the list of academics involved with this new journal..

What for?

>Believe it or not, people thinking and publishing their thoughts
>in academic journals is of value,

Of value to those invested in that system,
at the very least.

> even when the subjects are so far
>removed from the majorities's comfort zones ;)

Ah, the evil, narrow, common "majority".

I should want to be one of the exceptional ones,
I guess, and identify with them, and bask in
the approval rightly due to me.

I might have made a lot of money as a social
philosopher or gender expert or something.
I certainly have the imagination for it.

--
Love

Love

Oct 18, 2021, 12:33:31 AMOct 18
In article <9onpmgds44b4ha3bs...@4ax.com>, fed...@fea.st
says...
Huh?

--
Love

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 10:29:45 AMOct 18
On 10/18/2021 6:10 AM, Love wrote:
> In article <skiqv3$7j8$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>> On 10/18/2021 4:15 AM, Love wrote:
>>> In article <skibr4$bnb$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>>>
>>> Open access journals, bloggers being treated
>>> like press, blogs being treat like newspapers;
>>> where does the invitation to invent reality
>>> by means of being citeable end?
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, people keep beavering away. A
>>> man's gotta have something to do besides shop
>>> for new dresses, obviously.
>>>

>> Check the list of academics involved with this new journal..
>
> What for?
>

>> Believe it or not, people thinking and publishing their thoughts
>> in academic journals is of value,
>
> Of value to those invested in that system,
> at the very least.
>

>> even when the subjects are so far
>> removed from the majorities's comfort zones ;)
>
> Ah, the evil, narrow, common "majority".

No comment

> I should want to be one of the exceptional ones,
> I guess, and identify with them, and bask in
> the approval rightly due to me.
>
> I might have made a lot of money as a social
> philosopher or gender expert or something.
> I certainly have the imagination for it.

Well - to each his own body of fate. Is the PIC turning out to be the
right engine for your steam?

Noah Sombrero

Oct 18, 2021, 11:18:39 AMOct 18
On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 05:57:21 +0200, liaM <cud...@mindless.com> wrote:

>On 10/18/2021 4:48 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 22:15:18 -0400, Love <n...@spam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> In article <skibr4$bnb$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
>>>
>>> Open access journals, bloggers being treated
>>> like press, blogs being treat like newspapers;
>>> where does the invitation to invent reality
>>> by means of being citeable end?
>>
>> Invented reality. It's the latest sensation to go viral.
>>
>>> Meanwhile, people keep beavering away. A
>>> man's gotta have something to do besides shop
>>> for new dresses, obviously.
>>
>> Snarky?

Unnecessary, as with ned's comment about wilson's influence on love.

>> Noah Sombrero
>>

>Love is totally right. It started long ago and it will keep on going
>until we get another prick elected president with the majority
>given a reality to feel enthusiastic about.

At which point, that will be the latest sensation to go viral. From
both the supporter and the opposer viewpoints. Actually, the
fomenting has not entirely faded away. It persists now in vaccine
resistance. Tribal politics, tRump's legacy.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Oct 18, 2021, 11:19:08 AMOct 18
You don't sense the tone?
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Oct 18, 2021, 11:58:22 AMOct 18
On 10/17/2021 7:32 PM, liaM wrote:

>   https://bulletin.appliedtransstudies.org/about/#aims-and-scope

Something I recently read:

"Your identity isn’t your exclusive property. It’s a negotiation
between yourself and those around you. People have to be able to look at
things and understand how those things fit into their life. If you go
out of your way to confuse and deceive people for your own gratification
you’re going to make them angry."

It seems accurate.

Wilson

Oct 18, 2021, 11:59:28 AMOct 18
On 10/18/2021 11:18 AM, Noah Sombrero wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 05:57:21 +0200, liaM <cud...@mindless.com> wrote:

>>> Invented reality. It's the latest sensation to go viral.

>>> Snarky?
>
> Unnecessary, as with ned's comment about wilson's influence on love.

Bwaahaahaahhaaahhhahaha, etc. etc.

Noah Sombrero

Oct 18, 2021, 12:45:53 PMOct 18
It might be that people who want to understand how to fit certain
people into their lives would not read a scientific journal for trans
studies to find that information. More likely such a journal would be
read by people actually involved in trans issues themselves.

For the person who wants to fit certain people into their lives, it
probably would be viewed as more helpful to interact with those other
people directly.
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 2:58:51 PMOct 18
I don't understand the text. "If you go out of your way to confuse and
deceive people for your own gratification you’re going to make them angry."

Apart from psychopaths, who does this?

Wilson

Oct 18, 2021, 3:43:40 PMOct 18
You've been around. I am sure you've known people who enjoy pushing
other peoples buttons, deliberately doing things to aggravate them. Why
do they do that? Who knows.

Some like to feel special and so they manipulate others to that end.

And then, like you say you have your full blown psychopaths.

Noah Sombrero

Oct 18, 2021, 3:49:56 PMOct 18
They do this by creating new academic journals?
--
Noah Sombrero

liaM

Oct 18, 2021, 8:08:40 PMOct 18
I still don't get it. What is the reason behind your reply to my
posting the announcement of a new journal concerning the transgender
phenomenon?

Love

Oct 19, 2021, 3:27:03 AMOct 19
In article <skkg59$16c$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...
I wouldn't say that's what psychopaths do.
Psychopaths sometimes harm people for the
gratification of their curiosity or maybe
to confirm their power. On the other hand,
confused people do it all the time. The
response to them varies from mild annoyance,
usually followed by ignoring them, to actual
anger.

For example, a guy I worked with presented
himself as a technical expert. What he
actually was, was a skilled operator. But
he kept trying to assert his technical
expert status, expressed mostly by telling
people he was smarter and more valuable to
the company than I was. Sometimes he would
demand it with things like telling people
to call him instead of me first. No one
ever bought it, including the boss, because
everyone could see what he actually was.
His insistence and attention-seeking was
quite annoying. He never got notified when
the rest of us would go on our long walks
for breaks, and he never got invited to
anyone's parties. The poor guy was a
little tragic but his delusion seemed
important to him so no one bothered to
disabuse him of it. He seemed to need it
too much for anyone to wade into that
project.

--
Love

Love

Oct 19, 2021, 4:22:18 AMOct 19
In article <skk0co$8uk$1...@dont-email.me>, cud...@mindless.com says...

>Well - to each his own body of fate. Is the PIC turning out to be the
>right engine for your steam?

I am sure it will be the right steam for my
engine as I don't have specific goals for
it yet, in fact, not even general goals,
really.

--
Love

Wilson

Oct 19, 2021, 12:29:39 PMOct 19
It fit my notions of what is actually going on in the trans world.

liaM

Oct 19, 2021, 3:10:24 PMOct 19
Trans is a passing or permanent trend (permanent, because medecine has
evolved to the point of being able to grow boobs on rugby athletes..)