French Fries

Love

Jul 9, 2003, 10:06:47 AM7/9/03
I was told something extremely disturbing the other
day. Apparently it is not common practice everywhere
to put vinegar on french fries.

Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
What is not acceptable is having to make do with
ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
that?)

Apparently there are also places where "salt and
vinegar" flavoured potato chips cannot be had. This
is less disturbing. One expects some differences in
foreign lands.

--
Have you sent in your gurn yet?
*** The First Worldwide ABSFG Gurning Contest ***

Love - to email me add dawt addr dawt komm

Ned Ludd

Jul 9, 2003, 10:42:01 AM7/9/03
Love <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message

> Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
> white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
> What is not acceptable is having to make do with
> ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
> that?)

Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!

Ned

Pete Watters

Jul 9, 2003, 10:45:47 AM7/9/03
Ned writes:

Catsup with my victory fries, please, and mustard with my grilled cheese.

Pete (all Merkin inventions, you know...)

Night_Seer

Jul 9, 2003, 11:06:10 AM7/9/03
I also vote Ketchup with my fries...I've tried those salt and vinegar
chips...blehh...nasty! Grilled cheese is fine just as it is, but I like my
Mac and Cheese with Ketchup.

--
Night_Seer
"Pete Watters" <ab...@cox.net> wrote in message

Kirsten Bayes

Jul 9, 2003, 1:27:57 PM7/9/03

> I also vote Ketchup with my fries...I've tried those salt and vinegar
> chips...blehh...nasty! Grilled cheese is fine just as it is, but I like
my
> Mac and Cheese with Ketchup.

Mayonnaise for me.

Best wishes
Kirsten

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 9, 2003, 2:11:16 PM7/9/03

"Kirsten Bayes" <KirstenB...@aol.com> wrote

editor: The joke that was going to go here was deleted after a
meeting with Sanford's counselor. Sanford learned that continual
sophomoric references to bodily fluids, sex acts, and other
crude behavior is not "cute" or even "funny."

Sanford also wants to let you know that he has a case of
mayonnaise up for sale on Ebay.

--
Sanford M. Manley - "I am not ready to be spontaneous."
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/manley20/gurn.html

NeoLazarusx

Jul 9, 2003, 3:24:35 PM7/9/03
"Sanford M. Manley" <manl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

well I hope its up on Ebay Holland, because only the Dutch would ever
pollute a perfectly good french fry with mayonnaise...

-NL
XNA
< casting a vote for either sour cream and/or bleu cheese dressing >

KittyP

Jul 9, 2003, 3:31:38 PM7/9/03

"NeoLazarusx" <neola...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dipping them in a chocolate milk shake is the best way to eat them.

Sandy - when did you start listening to the impulse control in your head?
Are you feeling well? ;)

IamSpncycl

Jul 9, 2003, 3:52:47 PM7/9/03
>Love <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message
>>
>> Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
>> white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
>> What is not acceptable is having to make do with
>> ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
>> that?)

Ned:

> Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
>well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!

Ketchup is for weenies!
BTW isn't another spelling of ketchup: catsup? Around my house 'catsup' is
something else entirely, but I do wonder.

Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 9, 2003, 4:23:57 PM7/9/03

"KittyP" <kitty...@msn.com> wrote

> > > editor: The joke that was going to go here was deleted after a
> > > meeting with Sanford's counselor. Sanford learned that continual
> > > sophomoric references to bodily fluids, sex acts, and other
> > > crude behavior is not "cute" or even "funny."
> > >
> > > Sanford also wants to let you know that he has a case of
> > > mayonnaise up for sale on Ebay.
> >
> > well I hope its up on Ebay Holland, because only the Dutch would ever
> > pollute a perfectly good french fry with mayonnaise...
> >
> > -NL
> > XNA
> > < casting a vote for either sour cream and/or bleu cheese dressing >
>
> Dipping them in a chocolate milk shake is the best way to eat them.
>
> Sandy - when did you start listening to the impulse control in your head?
> Are you feeling well? ;)

I have been feeling myself all day and I feel fine. Firm in some places,
soft in others, slightly warm to the touch.

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 9, 2003, 4:26:28 PM7/9/03

"IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote
> >Love <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
> >> white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
> >> What is not acceptable is having to make do with
> >> ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
> >> that?)
>
> Ned:
> > Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
> >well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!
> >

> Ketchup is for weenies!
> BTW isn't another spelling of ketchup: catsup? Around my house 'catsup' is
> something else entirely, but I do wonder.
>
> Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)

Gawd, I hope you are talking about frankfurters or hot dogs.
Just think of the laundry!!!

Kender

Jul 9, 2003, 4:25:17 PM7/9/03
> Dipping them in a chocolate milk shake is the best way to eat them.

Wendy's Frostys!@@#$%%^

Ned Ludd

Jul 9, 2003, 5:33:13 PM7/9/03
IamSpncycl <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Ned:
>> Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
>> well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!
>
> Ketchup is for weenies!
> BTW isn't another spelling of ketchup: catsup? Around my house
> 'catsup' is something else entirely, but I do wonder.
> Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)

Hmm. Well, first, 'catsup' is a legitimate spelling, but
nobody ever says it that way, ie. CAT-SUP - the first syllable
always sounds like 'ketch'.

As for the needs of your weenie, well, the more embellishment
the better.

Ned

bonfils

Jul 9, 2003, 6:17:10 PM7/9/03
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:06:47 GMT, a being known to us mortals as
lo...@kwanseum.fixthis (Love) had this to say:

>I was told something extremely disturbing the other
>day. Apparently it is not common practice everywhere
>to put vinegar on french fries.
>
>Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
>white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
>What is not acceptable is having to make do with
>ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
>that?)

It's excellent, I say. Beats ketchup.
But of course, we Danes are especially fond of a weird and very
particularly Danish relish known as "remoulade" - kind of a mayo and
pickles thing. And one of the things Danes abroad (such as Lars
Ulrich, drummer of Metallica) admit that they really miss.
This remoulade thing goes extremely well with stuff like deep-fried
fish and of course french fries.

>Apparently there are also places where "salt and
>vinegar" flavoured potato chips cannot be had.

If you're lucky, you can get them in Denmark. Imported.
(I like them a lot!)

--
"Woohoo, I'm a bonfils sig line, I'm a bonfils sig line!"
- Kirsten Bayes, absfg

Beth

Jul 9, 2003, 6:44:39 PM7/9/03

bonfils wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:06:47 GMT, a being known to us mortals as
> lo...@kwanseum.fixthis (Love) had this to say:
>

>>I was told something extremely disturbing the other
>>day. Apparently it is not common practice everywhere
>>to put vinegar on french fries.
>>
>>Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
>>white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
>>What is not acceptable is having to make do with
>>ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
>>that?)
>

> It's excellent, I say. Beats ketchup.
> But of course, we Danes are especially fond of a weird and very
> particularly Danish relish known as "remoulade" - kind of a mayo and
> pickles thing. And one of the things Danes abroad (such as Lars
> Ulrich, drummer of Metallica) admit that they really miss.
> This remoulade thing goes extremely well with stuff like deep-fried
> fish and of course french fries.

tartar sauce. Mayo and relish and mustard. some
make their own, others buy it in a store.

>>Apparently there are also places where "salt and
>>vinegar" flavoured potato chips cannot be had.
>

> If you're lucky, you can get them in Denmark. Imported.
> (I like them a lot!)

I gets 'em in New England.

--

Beth

(remove the, uh, "knot" to send me e-mail !-)

fredrock

Jul 9, 2003, 8:40:49 PM7/9/03
"Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message news:yF-dnUPBWM3...@speakeasy.net...

Just so everyone knows, several years ago, janL wrote the definitive
treatise on grilled cheese. It may be available on google (Ned?)
The very idea of ketchup on mac and cheese is blasphemous,
and we should speak of it no more.

Fred

fredrock

Jul 9, 2003, 8:41:21 PM7/9/03

"IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030709155247...@mb-m26.aol.com...

I wouldn't touch that line with a ten-inch pole.

Fred

KittyP

Jul 9, 2003, 8:22:12 PM7/9/03

> > Ned:
> > > Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
> > >well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!
> > >

> > Ketchup is for weenies!
> > BTW isn't another spelling of ketchup: catsup? Around my house 'catsup'
is
> > something else entirely, but I do wonder.
> >
> > Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)
>
> Gawd, I hope you are talking about frankfurters or hot dogs.
> Just think of the laundry!!!

Yep - you're back to yourself ;)

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 9, 2003, 10:18:31 PM7/9/03

"KittyP" <kitty...@msn.com> wrote

> > > Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)
> >
> > Gawd, I hope you are talking about frankfurters or hot dogs.
> > Just think of the laundry!!!
>
> Yep - you're back to yourself ;)

I am glad you are keeping an eye on me :)

You give great eye.

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 9, 2003, 9:52:30 PM7/9/03

"bonfils" <k...@bonfils.your.underwear.com> wrote
> It's excellent, I say. Beats ketchup.
> But of course, we Danes are especially fond of a weird and very
> particularly Danish relish known as "remoulade" - kind of a mayo and
> pickles thing. And one of the things Danes abroad (such as Lars
> Ulrich, drummer of Metallica) admit that they really miss.
> This remoulade thing goes extremely well with stuff like deep-fried
> fish and of course french fries.

This sure sounds a lot like what we call "Tartar Sauce."

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 9, 2003, 9:54:19 PM7/9/03

"fredrock" <fke...@NOSPAMatt.net> wrote

> > Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)
>
> I wouldn't touch that line with a ten-inch pole.
>
> Fred

Too late Fred...I not only touched it, I massaged it.

Ned Ludd

Jul 9, 2003, 11:05:49 PM7/9/03
fredrock <fke...@NOSPAMatt.net> wrote in message

>>> Catsup with my victory fries, please, and mustard with my
>>> grilled cheese.
>>> Pete (all Merkin inventions, you know...)
>
> Just so everyone knows, several years ago, janL wrote the definitive
> treatise on grilled cheese. It may be available on google (Ned?)
> The very idea of ketchup on mac and cheese is blasphemous,
> and we should speak of it no more.
> Fred

Ah, but do you know why that is for the majority - the two great
ones are ketchup and breakfast cereals that are crunchy?

It all goes back to our carnivorous roots. And the cue to eat
and the reinforcement for eating - ketchup reminds us of blood,
and crunchy breakfast cereals remind us of breaking bones as we
chew them with our teeth.

Ned

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 10, 2003, 12:04:59 AM7/10/03

"Ned Ludd" <ned...@ix.netcom.com> wrote >

> Ah, but do you know why that is for the majority - the two great
> ones are ketchup and breakfast cereals that are crunchy?
>
> It all goes back to our carnivorous roots. And the cue to eat
> and the reinforcement for eating - ketchup reminds us of blood,
> and crunchy breakfast cereals remind us of breaking bones as we
> chew them with our teeth.
>
> Ned

Maybe the Eucharist has something to do with the old hunting/
killing/sharing the kill sort of thing. Not only is Jesus the slayer,
but he is the slain, too, and the dominant member of the pack
as he is apportioned out in little bites. Ever notice the priest gets
the lion's share?

Just remember, if you strike me down, I will become more powerful
than you can imagine.

(Hey wait, maybe Jesus said that, too!!)

Love

Jul 10, 2003, 12:01:05 AM7/10/03
In article
<lC2Pa.46817$3o3.3...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>
fredrock (fke...@NOSPAMatt.net) wrote...

Ketchup belongs ONLY on hamburgers, cheap french
fries (and their less tasteful version "freedom
fries"), and fried balogna sandwiches.

Love

Jul 10, 2003, 12:01:07 AM7/10/03
In article <oo4pgv0ue204re06t...@4ax.com> bonfils
(k...@bonfils.your.underwear.com) wrote...

>On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:06:47 GMT, a being known to us mortals as
>lo...@kwanseum.fixthis (Love) had this to say:
>
>>I was told something extremely disturbing the other
>>day. Apparently it is not common practice everywhere
>>to put vinegar on french fries.
>>
>>Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
>>white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
>>What is not acceptable is having to make do with
>>ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
>>that?)
>
>It's excellent, I say.

You see no one doing that with french fries here,
but there is always vinegar available where french
fries are sold. At better shops, more than one
kind of vinegar.

>Beats ketchup.
>But of course, we Danes are especially fond of a weird and very
>particularly Danish relish known as "remoulade" - kind of a mayo
and
>pickles thing. And one of the things Danes abroad (such as Lars
>Ulrich, drummer of Metallica) admit that they really miss.
>This remoulade thing goes extremely well with stuff like deep-fried
>fish and of course french fries.

Sounds a lot like tartar sauce, which is used on
fish but not chips, here.

>>Apparently there are also places where "salt and
>>vinegar" flavoured potato chips cannot be had.
>
>If you're lucky, you can get them in Denmark. Imported.
>(I like them a lot!)

Ah maybe they only import the good ones. I think
it's Miss Vickies that uses sea salt and malt
vinegar. That is a premium potato chip here, and
tastes quite good. Most of the others taste like
salty chips soaked in battery acid.

Love

Jul 10, 2003, 12:19:15 AM7/10/03
In article <absfg-C17F5F....@news.west.cox.net> Pete Watters
(ab...@cox.net) wrote...

I was aware that victory fries (and freedom fries)
were Merkin inventions, and I can accept that
catsup might be, but really, mustard? Grilled
cheese, of course, is a European invention.
Merkins merely added the second slice of bread,
an excellent example of American ingenuity. "How
can we increase bread sales? Invent sandwiches
that have to be covered on both sides!"

Love

Jul 10, 2003, 12:19:15 AM7/10/03
In article <beh9n4$9o6$1...@slb0.atl.mindspring.net> Ned Ludd
(ned...@ix.netcom.com) wrote...

You are either a man of refined tastes who is
mocking the poor culinary habits of others, or
you're as depraved as you seem.

Pete Watters

Jul 10, 2003, 1:02:07 AM7/10/03
Fred writes:

Not to mention your hoo hoo.

Pete

Pete Watters

Jul 10, 2003, 1:05:58 AM7/10/03
Love writes:

> In article <absfg-C17F5F....@news.west.cox.net> Pete Watters
> (ab...@cox.net) wrote...
> >
> >Ned writes:
> >
> >> Love <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message

> >> Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
> >> well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!
> >
> >Catsup with my victory fries, please, and mustard with my grilled cheese.
> >
> >Pete (all Merkin inventions, you know...)
>
> I was aware that victory fries (and freedom fries)
> were Merkin inventions, and I can accept that
> catsup might be, but really, mustard?

Good god, man. If my tongue were any more firmly planted in my cheek, I'd
have a natural gurn going.

Pete (who also likes horseradish mixed into sour cream with chopped
chives...)

Pete Watters

Jul 10, 2003, 1:07:10 AM7/10/03
Love writes:

> In article <beh9n4$9o6$1...@slb0.atl.mindspring.net> Ned Ludd
> (ned...@ix.netcom.com) wrote...
> >
> >Love <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Personally I prefer apple cider vinegar although
> >> white vinegar and malt vinegar are quite acceptable.
> >> What is not acceptable is having to make do with
> >> ketchup or mayonnaise. (mayo, how disgusting is
> >> that?)
> >>

> > Good GAWD, man, french fries without ketchup is like,
> >well... it's like grilled cheese sandwiches without ketchup!
>
> You are either a man of refined tastes who is
> mocking the poor culinary habits of others, or
> you're as depraved as you seem.

I have met the man -- hell, I've broken bread with the man -- and I vote
decidedly for the latter.

Pete

Love

Jul 10, 2003, 2:14:42 AM7/10/03
In article <absfg-E4B6C8....@news.west.cox.net> Pete Watters
(ab...@cox.net) wrote...

I knew that (the tongue thing not the gurn thing).

>Pete (who also likes horseradish mixed into sour cream with chopped
>chives...)

Horseradish is best served with a little roast
beef under it.

Pete Watters

Jul 10, 2003, 2:14:17 AM7/10/03
Love writes:

Amen, brother.

Pete (best Christmas dinner ever was a beef tenderloin roasted in a coating
of grated horseradish root and mashed garlic...)

Kirsten Bayes

Jul 10, 2003, 2:56:33 AM7/10/03

"NeoLazarusx" <neola...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> well I hope its up on Ebay Holland, because only the Dutch would ever
> pollute a perfectly good french fry with mayonnaise...
>
> -NL

And the Belgians. They would too. Yummy!

Best wishes
Kirsten

bonfils

Jul 10, 2003, 3:01:38 AM7/10/03
bonfils:

>> But of course, we Danes are especially fond of a weird and very
>> particularly Danish relish known as "remoulade" - kind of a mayo and
>> pickles thing. And one of the things Danes abroad (such as Lars
>> Ulrich, drummer of Metallica) admit that they really miss.
>> This remoulade thing goes extremely well with stuff like deep-fried
>> fish and of course french fries.

Beth:

>tartar sauce. Mayo and relish and mustard. some
>make their own, others buy it in a store.

Nah. Close, but not exactly the same.
I've checked out tartar sauce (known in this country as tartar sauce),
and it's different: Smoother - and more or less mayo-white (whereas
Danish remoulade is bright greenish-yellow
<http://www.danish-deli-food.com/images/r0373.jpg> - scary, huh?).

To confuse things further: In Berlin I've had something they call
"sauce remoulade" with fish - and *that's* tartar sauce as far as I
can tell.

Next, let me tell you about Kalle's Kaviar.

--
"I am two with nature."
- Woody Allen

bonfils

Jul 10, 2003, 3:07:23 AM7/10/03
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:01:38 +0200, a being known to us mortals as
bonfils <k...@bonfils.your.underwear.com> had this to say:

>bonfils:
>>> But of course, we Danes are especially fond of a weird and very
>>> particularly Danish relish known as "remoulade" - kind of a mayo and
>>> pickles thing. And one of the things Danes abroad (such as Lars
>>> Ulrich, drummer of Metallica) admit that they really miss.
>>> This remoulade thing goes extremely well with stuff like deep-fried
>>> fish and of course french fries.
>
>Beth:
>>tartar sauce. Mayo and relish and mustard. some
>>make their own, others buy it in a store.
>
>Nah. Close, but not exactly the same.
>I've checked out tartar sauce (known in this country as tartar sauce),
>and it's different: Smoother - and more or less mayo-white (whereas
>Danish remoulade is bright greenish-yellow
><http://www.danish-deli-food.com/images/r0373.jpg> - scary, huh?).

Found a recipe, too - though the end result looks a bit pale:

<http://www.danish-deli-food.com/English/cookbook/recepdetail.asp?recid=153>

IamSpncycl

Jul 10, 2003, 3:29:51 PM7/10/03
>> Ketchup is for weenies!
>> BTW isn't another spelling of ketchup: catsup? Around my house
>> 'catsup' is something else entirely, but I do wonder.
>> Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)

Ned:

> Hmm. Well, first, 'catsup' is a legitimate spelling, but
>nobody ever says it that way, ie. CAT-SUP - the first syllable
>always sounds like 'ketch'.
>
> As for the needs of your weenie, well, the more embellishment
>the better.

Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on augmenting,
enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie". Are there that many
teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging computer tell that I don't have
one in the first place? and while we are on the topic, (of enhancing,
augmenting, etc. etc.), why don't I ever see spam on enhancing the vagina? Or
the brain for that matter!

diane (don't get me started!)

IamSpncycl

Jul 10, 2003, 3:31:11 PM7/10/03
>> Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)

Fred:

>I wouldn't touch that line with a ten-inch pole.

Hey Fred! Hozzit hangin'?

Diane

Ned Ludd

Jul 10, 2003, 4:29:42 PM7/10/03
IamSpncycl <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote in message

Diane:

>> Ketchup is for weenies!
>> BTW isn't another spelling of ketchup: catsup? Around my house
>> 'catsup' is something else entirely, but I do wonder.
>> Diane (who is a mustard and onions on the-weenie-kinda-person)

Ned:
> Hmm. Well, first, 'catsup' is a legitimate spelling, but
> nobody ever says it that way, ie. CAT-SUP - the first syllable
> always sounds like 'ketch'.
> As for the needs of your weenie, well, the more embellishment
> the better.

Diane:

> Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on
> augmenting, enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie".
> Are there that many teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging
> computer tell that I don't have one in the first place? and while
> we are on the topic, (of enhancing, augmenting, etc. etc.), why
> don't I ever see spam on enhancing the vagina? Or the brain for
> that matter!
> diane (don't get me started!)

If you could enhance one thing only, what would it be?

And on the original subject of weenie-enhancement, I have only
one thing to say:

A few years back, at a time when Fen-Fen had killed three people
out of its millions of users, and was banned from the market for
it, Viagra was RUSHED through the approval process after already
killing SIX people in testing, and as of a year or so ago, had
killed 350 people.

So, you do see the logic here?

Ned

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 10, 2003, 6:30:12 PM7/10/03

"IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote
> Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on augmenting,
> enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie". Are there that many
> teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging computer tell that I don't have
> one in the first place? and while we are on the topic, (of enhancing,
> augmenting, etc. etc.), why don't I ever see spam on enhancing the vagina? Or
> the brain for that matter!

Differences in marketing. You find tons of breast enhancement
ads in the back of teen and women's magazines. Its the same thing
as many women who think their breasts are too small.

I saw a woman today (keep in mind that this is Palm Beach)
who had her abdomen liposuctioned to make her abs stick out.
It was so obvious.

There are very few people who are not somehow self-conscious
about their bodies.

NeoLazarusx

Jul 10, 2003, 7:08:26 PM7/10/03

> "IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote
> > Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on
augmenting,
> > enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie". Are there that
many
> > teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging computer tell that I
don't have
> > one in the first place? and while we are on the topic, (of enhancing,
> > augmenting, etc. etc.), why don't I ever see spam on enhancing the
vagina? Or
> > the brain for that matter!
>
> Differences in marketing. You find tons of breast enhancement
> ads in the back of teen and women's magazines. Its the same thing
> as many women who think their breasts are too small.
>
> I saw a woman today (keep in mind that this is Palm Beach)
> who had her abdomen liposuctioned to make her abs stick out.
> It was so obvious.
>
> There are very few people who are not somehow self-conscious
> about their bodies.

those kind of people should have their bodies taken away from them and given
to someone more deserving.
heh

-NL
XNA

Kender

Jul 10, 2003, 8:16:37 PM7/10/03
> There are very few people who are not somehow self-conscious
> about their bodies.

My strategy is to not act on it, it's almost as effective as not being
self-conscious to begin with.

Love

Jul 10, 2003, 10:24:31 PM7/10/03
In article <vgrsf94...@corp.supernews.com> NeoLazarusx (neola...@yahoo.com)
wrote...

>"Sanford M. Manley" <manl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote
>> > Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on
>augmenting,
>> > enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie". Are there that
>many
>> > teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging computer tell that I
>don't have
>> > one in the first place? and while we are on the topic, (of enhancing,
>> > augmenting, etc. etc.), why don't I ever see spam on enhancing the
>vagina? Or
>> > the brain for that matter!
>>
>> Differences in marketing. You find tons of breast enhancement
>> ads in the back of teen and women's magazines. Its the same thing
>> as many women who think their breasts are too small.
>>
>> I saw a woman today (keep in mind that this is Palm Beach)
>> who had her abdomen liposuctioned to make her abs stick out.
>> It was so obvious.
>>
>> There are very few people who are not somehow self-conscious
>> about their bodies.
>>

>those kind of people should have their bodies taken away from them and given
>to someone more deserving.
>heh

Okay, who has read "Don't Bite the Sun" (and perhaps
the sequel "Drinking Sapphire Wine") by Tanith Lee?

KittyP

Jul 10, 2003, 10:31:58 PM7/10/03

"Sanford M. Manley" <manl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote
> > Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on
augmenting,
> > enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie". Are there that
many
> > teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging computer tell that I
don't have
> > one in the first place? and while we are on the topic, (of enhancing,
> > augmenting, etc. etc.), why don't I ever see spam on enhancing the
vagina? Or
> > the brain for that matter!
>
> Differences in marketing. You find tons of breast enhancement
> ads in the back of teen and women's magazines. Its the same thing
> as many women who think their breasts are too small.
>
> I saw a woman today (keep in mind that this is Palm Beach)
> who had her abdomen liposuctioned to make her abs stick out.
> It was so obvious.
>
> There are very few people who are not somehow self-conscious
> about their bodies.

Maybe you should start a belly gurn contest?

Love

Jul 11, 2003, 12:53:18 AM7/11/03
In article <vgs8crr...@corp.supernews.com> KittyP (kitty...@msn.com) wrote...

>"Sanford M. Manley" <manl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote
>> > Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on
>augmenting,
>> > enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie". Are there that
>many
>> > teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging computer tell that I
>don't have
>> > one in the first place? and while we are on the topic, (of enhancing,
>> > augmenting, etc. etc.), why don't I ever see spam on enhancing the
>vagina? Or
>> > the brain for that matter!
>>
>> Differences in marketing. You find tons of breast enhancement
>> ads in the back of teen and women's magazines. Its the same thing
>> as many women who think their breasts are too small.
>>
>> I saw a woman today (keep in mind that this is Palm Beach)
>> who had her abdomen liposuctioned to make her abs stick out.
>> It was so obvious.
>>
>> There are very few people who are not somehow self-conscious
>> about their bodies.
>
>Maybe you should start a belly gurn contest?

Or a belly*button* gurn contest. (hey, I'm "building")

IamSpncycl

Jul 11, 2003, 7:55:28 AM7/11/03

>Diane:
>> Speaking of weenies, I want to know why I get so much spam on
>> augmenting, enhancing, enlarging, etc. etc. the erstwhile "weenie".
>> Are there that many teeny weenies out there? Or can't the frigging
>> computer tell that I don't have one in the first place? and while
>> we are on the topic, (of enhancing, augmenting, etc. etc.), why
>> don't I ever see spam on enhancing the vagina? Or the brain for
>> that matter!
>> diane (don't get me started!)

Ned:

> If you could enhance one thing only, what would it be?

My brain.
I'd like to de-enhance my waistline.

> And on the original subject of weenie-enhancement, I have only
>one thing to say:
>
> A few years back, at a time when Fen-Fen had killed three people
>out of its millions of users, and was banned from the market for
>it, Viagra was RUSHED through the approval process after already
>killing SIX people in testing, and as of a year or so ago, had
>killed 350 people.
>
> So, you do see the logic here?

It's the same kind of goofy logic that allows insurance companies to pick up
the tab for viagra but not my glasses or my crown. Apparently, it's okay for
me to be blind and toothless - but not okay for some wanker to lose a hard-on.

Diane (mad as hell, again, so what else is new?)

Sanford M. Manley

Jul 11, 2003, 8:44:33 AM7/11/03

"IamSpncycl" <iamsp...@aol.com> wrote

> It's the same kind of goofy logic that allows insurance companies to pick up
> the tab for viagra but not my glasses or my crown. Apparently, it's okay for
> me to be blind and toothless - but not okay for some wanker to lose a hard-on.
>
> Diane (mad as hell, again, so what else is new?)

Diane, Diane, Diane....its for your benefit!

Once you are blind and toothless, he needs the viagra for you!

Ned Ludd

Jul 11, 2003, 9:09:36 AM7/11/03

>> A few years back, at a time when Fen-Fen had killed three people
>> out of its millions of users, and was banned from the market for
>> it, Viagra was RUSHED through the approval process after already
>> killing SIX people in testing, and as of a year or so ago, had
>> killed 350 people.
>> So, you do see the logic here?
>
> It's the same kind of goofy logic that allows insurance companies
> to pick up the tab for viagra but not my glasses or my crown.
> Apparently, it's okay for me to be blind and toothless - but
> not okay for some wanker to lose a hard-on.
> Diane (mad as hell, again, so what else is new?)

Well said. Stuff like this amazes me. And nobody blinks.
And I keep hearing about potential new 'women's' Viagra, but
I don't see any products on the market. Apparently nobody
really cares. It really is just about the hard-ons.

Ned

Love

Jul 11, 2003, 10:13:42 AM7/11/03
In article <bemd59$vkj$1...@slb5.atl.mindspring.net> Ned Ludd
(ned...@ix.netcom.com) wrote...

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. There is a helluva lot
of moral assumption there. How do you KNOW that those
glasses are ahead of male erections in priority? Isn't
that based on the assumption that one is more frivolous
than the other, like "excuse me but me seeing is more
important than you having some fun"?

Insurance companies are extremely practical. You can
bet there is an army of actuaries saying "men ejaculating
means reduced premature death or disability from
cardio-vascular and prostrate diseases."

Glasses you pay for once every year, at best, unless you
have fashion needs.

Masturbation or intercourse are things that need to be
done fairly regularly. Tough shit that they just happen
to be fun, too.

What a bunch of midwestern moralists.

KittyP

Jul 11, 2003, 11:57:11 AM7/11/03

"Love" <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message

No, I don't think they were being moralists - sex is extremely x100
enjoyable for most of us, but it isn't a necessity. Being able to breath and
take in nourishment are examples of necessities for human existence. I would
be way upset at losing orgasmic capacity - but I think the point that they
were making, is that compared to other things, men getting erections easier
(because face it, most are not taking Viagra for a full-blown dysfunction)
actually is frivolous compared to having a functioning set of chompers as an
example. Would I prefer a liquid diet if I had to choose between easier
orgasms and eating something solid? I don't know - and glad I don't have to
make the decision ;) But health insurance companies might be doing just
that.
Kitty

Kirsten Bayes

Jul 11, 2003, 2:13:26 PM7/11/03

"bonfils" <k...@bonfils.your.underwear.com> wrote in message

> Nah. Close, but not exactly the same.
> I've checked out tartar sauce (known in this country as tartar sauce),
> and it's different: Smoother - and more or less mayo-white (whereas
> Danish remoulade is bright greenish-yellow
> <http://www.danish-deli-food.com/images/r0373.jpg> - scary, huh?).
>
> To confuse things further: In Berlin I've had something they call
> "sauce remoulade" with fish - and *that's* tartar sauce as far as I
> can tell.
>
> Next, let me tell you about Kalle's Kaviar.

I verified this over lunch today (which involved fish, tartare sauce and a
young man from Denmark). Remoulade has all kinds of vegetables and pickles
and stuff in it.

Best wishes
Kirsten

Ben

Jul 11, 2003, 3:15:09 PM7/11/03

I didn't know that anyone could eat French Fries without mozzarella
cheese, two fried eggs, gravy, and Tabasco sauce. mmmm...

But maybe Remoulade would help too.

Ben

--yes, that Ben

Beth

Jul 11, 2003, 3:31:19 PM7/11/03

actually, saw an ad for it on TV recently. Rather
silly ad, fully clothed adults, woman bouncing on
bed, sort of stuff.

--

Beth

(remove the, uh, "knot" to send me e-mail !-)

Beth

Jul 11, 2003, 3:34:02 PM7/11/03

Ooh, Tanith Lee I haven't read yet. Add those to
my wish list.

Pete Watters

Jul 11, 2003, 3:43:38 PM7/11/03
Ben writes:

Actually, I have recently discovered the joys of fries covered in chili (the
spicy concoction, not the pepper) and melted cheese with hot sauce.

> --yes, that Ben

And which Ben might that be?

Pete

Ben

Jul 11, 2003, 4:00:49 PM7/11/03
Hmm...I have tried the concotion (we call it "It") with chili as well
but found
it to be a bit dangerous to the insides. Chili and eggs are only good
together in breakfast burritos. Or so the saying goes.

Ben
--yes, that Ben

Love

Jul 11, 2003, 4:02:49 PM7/11/03
In article <vgtnijd...@corp.supernews.com> KittyP (kitty...@msn.com) wrote...

The same men who could get viagra would also have to do
without those chompers, or pay for them themselves.

>example. Would I prefer a liquid diet if I had to choose between easier
>orgasms and eating something solid? I don't know - and glad I don't have to
>make the decision ;) But health insurance companies might be doing just
>that.
>Kitty

There are degrees of necessity in everything, seeing and
breathing included. Why wasn't the complaint that
insurance will pay for prescription acne cream, or any one
of a thousand other things that could be said to be less
important than glasses or chompers? Hell lots of
insurance plans just don't include glasses or dental at
all. It's a business decision as to what product they
sell.

The point isn't that the insurance companies are doing
this. It is just outrage that a mans sexual function is
insured in some way that something else isn't. The same
plan that doesn't provide glasses might also provide
birth control pills or Monistat. Would there be outrage
there?

Bottom line, you don't like your insurance plan get
another, don't turn it into a rant because of your moral
judgements about the necessity of peoples sexual functions.
That sword of judgement cuts both ways.

(BTW I'd bet large money that if someone studied it they'd
find that tossing off is the highest some mens heart rates
ever get, and that there is a strong statistical case that
that it is more of a necessity to them than good teeth.
Add mens partners and that's a lot of aerobics going on!)

KittyP

Jul 11, 2003, 4:19:11 PM7/11/03

"Love" <lo...@kwanseum.fixthis> wrote in message

Ok..so just let me get this straight - you place a man getting Viagra on his
insurance as an alternative for exercise? Even when it isn't for a
dyfunction but for pleasure...and as an alternative to getting off his butt
in front of a computer or TV to get some actual exercise? Also - even with
Viagra, I wonder how many fellas can hold their heart rate up aerobically
for the necessary 20-30 minutes three times a week to make a difference?

Give me a break - the issue is simply that in the US we pay outrageous
insurance premiums regardless of the kind we get. If a fella doesn't have a
legitimate dysfunction and wants to play - he should pay...just like the
rest of us for our recreational drugs.
Kitty

Love

Jul 11, 2003, 4:20:45 PM7/11/03
In article <3F0F1129...@netscape.net> Beth (EjelichJ!@netscape.net) wrote...

Done. (and "The Birthgrave" by her too)

Pete Watters

Jul 11, 2003, 6:17:31 PM7/11/03
Kirsten writes:

[snippage]

> I verified this over lunch today (which involved fish, tartare sauce and a
> young man from Denmark).

You ate a young man from Denmark?

Pete (Ros til kokken!)

nobody

Jul 11, 2003, 7:11:41 PM7/11/03
Pete Watters wrote:

All threads in a.b.s.f.g eventually evolve toward masturbation or cannibalism.

Love

Jul 11, 2003, 7:46:40 PM7/11/03
In article <vgu6tr9...@corp.supernews.com> KittyP (kitty...@msn.com) wrote...

Boinking with a chemical hard-on? Enough to be
statistically significant, I'd bet.

>Give me a break - the issue is simply that in the US we pay outrageous
>insurance premiums regardless of the kind we get. If a fella doesn't have a
>legitimate dysfunction and wants to play - he should pay...just like the
>rest of us for our recreational drugs.
>Kitty

A doctor needs to write the prescription so it is by
definition NOT just play but restoration of function.
Now if you have an issue with how doctors will write
those prescriptions too easily, fine, but that is a
separate issue. As you would have it those who
needed it wouldn't have it paid for, either.

And if you recall I started out by saying that the
actuaries probably realize that there is a cost
benefit ratio to covering viagra. That's just a
neutral fact, if it's true. Of course I don't
suggest it as an alternative to exercise, but
statistically in terms of what it costs insurance
companies, it may be having that effect.

So how about birth control pills? Should they
be not covered because glasses are not covered?
Why did this complaint start with viagra instead of
any one of a thousand probably equally trivial
prescriptions?

(BTW I've never tried it but know a couple who
swear by it, not because it's necessary but
because it extends their play to hours. They
pay full price for it because they aren't on a
plan. Frankly I think I'd get sore. They must
have some intermission activities I think.)

nobody

Jul 11, 2003, 7:56:21 PM7/11/03
Love wrote:

> A doctor needs to write the prescription so it is by
> definition NOT just play but restoration of function.

That's in the US.
When I was in China, at the Xiangfan airport they were
selling it at the souvenier counter.

KittyP

Jul 11, 2003, 8:00:04 PM7/11/03