What Posie Parker learnt from Brexit

Julian

Mar 29, 2023, 5:40:20 AM3/29/23
Every campaign needs its shock troops

When I call Posie Parker the Nigel Farage of Terfs, I mean it as a
compliment. I can’t think of another single-issue campaigner so
effective at popular communication, so successful in reordering the
political landscape — and so reviled for it by the Respectable People
whose political gatekeeping both Farage and Posie blithely ignore.

Twitter is still full of otherwise seemingly nice people, fantasising
about a world in which Farage had died horribly in his 2010 plane crash.
And where Posie — AKA Kellie-Jay Keen — is concerned, the murderous
fantasies are even more openly expressed. Over the weekend, Keen faced a
baying mob of counter-protesters at her Let Women Speak event in New
Zealand. She left without addressing the crowd, and later described the
swarm around her, whipped up by calls to “kill the Nazi”, as “completely
rabid”. She claims she thought that “this was it” and she was about to
be crushed to death.

The mob smashed down barricades and roared their rage, one spattering
her with red soup designed to symbolise blood. Keen, five feet nothing,
seemed almost swallowed by the seething mass of haters...

https://unherd.com/2023/03/what-posie-parker-learnt-from-brexit/