Eco-Terrorists in Drag

Julian

Oct 13, 2021, 1:37:39 PM10/13/21
Unsurprisingly, despite an entire month of protests the Insulate Britain
petition demanding social housing providers insulate all social housing
in England still has just 6000 signatures…

https://order-order.com/2021/10/13/furious-drivers-resume-draging-insulate-britain-mob-out-the-road/

Love

Oct 14, 2021, 4:19:28 PM10/14/21
In article <sk75h2$kna$1...@dont-email.me>, julia...@gmail.com says...
One month and just 6000 signatures means the organisation
has negligible reach. That's probably because most people
realise that increasing the cost of social housing is not
going to help people who need social housing.

Insulation by itself has little impact on home energy
use. Insulation is VERY good at actually limiting heat
loss, or at keeping the heat out. This is measurable.
What it doesn't do is modify the behaviour of people in
the desired direction. With excellent insulation,
instead of tolerating cold spots and cold drafts in the
winter, people can keep their entire homes warm enough
to wander around naked comfortably, for about the same
amount of energy they would use if they didn't have
insulation and instead made love under the blankets
rather than on top of them.

It's called the Jevons Paradox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevons_paradox

The solution to the paradox is to raise the cost of
energy at the same time as increasing the energy
efficiency of the dwelling it is used to heat or
cool. Does Insulate Britain also advocate raising the
cost of energy to people who live in social housing?
Is "make the poor pay more" one of Insulate Britain's
demands?

Insulate Britain seems to be motivated by its quest
for notoriety. I can just hear the planning session:

[various different and diverse voices]

"Helping the poor AND saving the planet. Who
WOULDN'T want to support us?"

"Brilliant. That makes just one issue a two-fer!"

"Can we maybe find a way to fight hate speech at the
same time? A hat trick would be awesome!"

"Insulate the mouths of British white men?"

"Sure. Just put a hate speech pledge into the
insulation permission forms that tenants need to
sign before work begins. No one reads fine print
anyway."

"But that sounds like we'd need to SNEAK it in, so
it won't do anything to recruit support to our
organisation, because it will be a secret anyway."

"Oh, right."

"Well at least your heart was in the right place."

"So are we only here to get our group popular?"

"Remember, with popular support comes donations and
longer social justice curriculum vitae..."

"I object! Latin terminology excludes many diverse
and economically-disadvantaged people! Latin is a
tool of privilege!"

"We're getting a bit off track here people."

"I thought this was an open democratic planning
session where there were no invalid ideas or people."

"Do you want to pay for your own doughnuts and
coffee or do you want our donors to pay for them?"

"People! We're REALLY getting a bit off track now!"

"Not to me."

"Me either."

"Okay okay, can we all just at least agree to go
with the 'poor-people plus planet' thing for now,
and grow into more areas after the money starts
rolling in?"

"Aye"

"Sure"

"Aye"

"Yes"

"Okay"

"I'm getting excited already!"

--
Love

Julian

Oct 14, 2021, 4:30:43 PM10/14/21
On 14/10/2021 21:19, Love wrote:
> In article <sk75h2$kna$1...@dont-email.me>, julia...@gmail.com says...
>> Unsurprisingly, despite an entire month of protests the Insulate Britain
>> petition demanding social housing providers insulate all social housing
>> in England still has just 6000 signatures…
>>
>> https://order-order.com/2021/10/13/furious-drivers-resume-draging-insulate-bri
>> tain-mob-out-the-road/
>
> One month and just 6000 signatures means the organisation
> has negligible reach. That's probably because most people
> realise that increasing the cost of social housing is not
> going to help people who need social housing.

Mainly the negligible reach is down to them being
obnoxious wankers.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/insulate-britain-protests-hypocrite-not-insulating-home-b959664.html