complete lack

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 10:07:24 AMFeb 17

Reuters

"Trump must pay $354.9 million for overstating his wealth

Setback: Justice Arthur Engoron also banned the former president from
serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation for
three years. Trump and the other defendants showed a "complete lack of
contrition and remorse" that "borders on pathological," Engoron wrote.

Next steps: Trump's lawyer Alina Habba said she plans to appeal. Trump
also faces a March 25 trial date over hush-money payments to porn star
Stormy Daniels, two court cases regarding his efforts to overturn the
2020 presidential election results, and another charge over his
handling of classified documents after leaving office. The special
counsel prosecuting Trump on federal charges of trying to turn the
election in his favor wants trial proceedings to begin, even as Trump
seeks a delay as he presses his claim of immunity."

My summary:
"I didn't do anything beside which I am immune to prosecution. You
guys are simply a bunch of haters trying to prevent my continued rise
to greatness." Rave on himbo.

None of which means that your rise will not continue. And once you
are sworn in, all prosecutions will be terminated convictions
overturned, pardons granted, we know how it goes.

Reuters also says

"Navalny's death leaves despair and apathy in Moscow"

Right, we over here know the feeling. The assholes win.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Feb 17, 2024, 11:59:36 AMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:07:21 -0500, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:
Why do assholes win? Because they are free to game the system and use
it against itself, while the rest of us attempt to deal with them
while remaining true to the spirit of the law. Any attempt to keep
things fair, to prevent abuses by the system, to allow for mistakes
made by the system, are loopholes that bad actors can exploit.

The end result, historically, is that systems under such attack must
eventually fall. Not within a few hundred years, historically, but
maybe this time. If himbo looses in Nov, the fall can be delayed for
a while.

The thing to notice is that himbo is not the only bad actor. Half of
congress recognizes him as they guy who will do what they want done.
It might even be that proportion of government generally recognizes
him, as half the electorate does. Systems under this kind of attack
must fall.

Because locks only keep honest people honest. Criminals always find a
way.

And no, judge, himbo is not pathological. He has a criminal mind,
which, I suspect, you refrained from saying out of respect for the
system that you still hope can prevail.
--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Feb 18, 2024, 9:38:22 AMFeb 18
Sophisticated banks who know their business decided to loan Trump the
money, and they were repaid in full with interest. The bankers never
complained and even testified at the trial that they were not defrauded.
The judge summarily ruled that Trump obtained those loans based on
fraud. The real fraud is New York's kangaroo court.

Let's say you want to refinance your house. When you apply with the
bank they ask you what your house is worth. If you say it's worth more
than the appraiser, who does their job AFTER you've made your
"declaration" you could now be found to have committed fraud in New
York. Even if the bank decides to loan you the money and you pay that
money back in full under the agreed upon terms.

The system is being gamed. By state actors.

The current administration recently arrested a critic who testified that
Biden engaged in corruption, for "making a false statement" and
"creating a false and fictitious record" related to statements he made
to the FBI.

They've jailed people and put them into solitary confinement who did not
riot and simply walked through open doors at the capital building on
January 6.

It appears they are going after everyone they can, who they perceive as
their enemy, using the apparatus of the state. But hey, it's no problem
they will never go after you or your friends. It's just those dirty,
nasty, MAGA people. Right?

Noah Sombrero

Feb 18, 2024, 12:08:25 PMFeb 18
I'm glad to hear what the other tribe is saying.

>Let's say you want to refinance your house. When you apply with the
>bank they ask you what your house is worth. If you say it's worth more
>than the appraiser, who does their job AFTER you've made your
>"declaration" you could now be found to have committed fraud in New
>York. Even if the bank decides to loan you the money and you pay that
>money back in full under the agreed upon terms.
>
>The system is being gamed. By state actors.
>
>The current administration recently arrested a critic who testified that
>Biden engaged in corruption, for "making a false statement" and
>"creating a false and fictitious record" related to statements he made
>to the FBI.
>
>They've jailed people and put them into solitary confinement who did not
>riot and simply walked through open doors at the capital building on
>January 6.

The latest from pureshitland.

--
Noah Sombrero

Wilson

Feb 21, 2024, 11:39:06 AMFeb 21
On 2/18/2024 9:38 AM, Wilson wrote:

> Sophisticated banks who know their business decided to loan Trump the
> money, and they were repaid in full with interest.  The bankers never
> complained and even testified at the trial that they were not defrauded.
>  The judge summarily ruled that Trump obtained those loans based on
> fraud. The real fraud is New York's kangaroo court.
>
> Let's say you want to refinance your house.  When you apply with the
> bank they ask you what your house is worth. If you say it's worth more
> than the appraiser, who does their job AFTER you've made your
> "declaration" you could now be found to have committed fraud in New
> York. Even if the bank decides to loan you the money and you pay that
> money back in full under the agreed upon terms.
>
> The system is being gamed.  By state actors.
>
> The current administration recently arrested a critic who testified that
> Biden engaged in corruption, for "making a false statement" and
> "creating a false and fictitious record" related to statements he made
> to the FBI.
>
> They've jailed people and put them into solitary confinement who did not
> riot and simply walked through open doors at the capital building on
> January 6.
>
> It appears they are going after everyone they can, who they perceive as
> their enemy, using the apparatus of the state. But hey, it's no problem
> they will never go after you or your friends. It's just those dirty,
> nasty, MAGA people. Right?

“Shark Tank” investor Kevin O’Leary in an interview with CNN host Laura
Coates on Monday blasted a New York judge’s decision ordering former
President Trump to pay $355 million in penalties in his civil fraud case.

O’Leary argued the decision against Trump is unjust, and that what the
former president and Trump Organization were accused of happens all the
time in New York real estate deals.

“What fraud? This is not about Trump anymore,” O’Leary told Coates. “You
get a developer that builds a building and he says it’s worth $400
million, and he wants to borrow $200 million from a bank, which happens
every day, everywhere on earth.”

He argued that it’s the bank’s responsibility to see through developers’
exaggerated financial claims, and that Trump’s actions are normal.

“That haggling has gone on for decades,” he continued. “That’s how it
works.”

In the fraud case, Trump was found to have falsely altered his net worth
and the value of various properties in order to receive more favorable
borrowing terms. New York state had argued he sent the false information
to banks and insurers, which the state purported is evidence of fraud.

“If we’re going to do that, let’s penalize all the developers all across
America. They’ve all done the same thing,” O’Leary added. “All of them
should go to jail and we should stop building buildings. That’s what the
message is from New York.”

O’Leary’s comments Monday come after he first denounced the ruling,
saying he would avoid investing in New York because of the precedent the
verdict sets.

“It was already on the top of the list of being a loser state. I would
never invest in New York now,” O’Leary said in a Fox Business interview
Monday. “And I’m not the only person saying that.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4479150-shark-tanks-oleary-on-355m-decision-against-trump-what-fraud/

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) addressed New York business owners in a
new interview and told them there was “nothing to worry about” after
former President Trump was hit with a $355 million fine and a ban on
conducting business in New York for three years.

The governor provided reassurance to New York businesses after the
ruling. “By and large, they are honest people and they’re not trying to
hide their assets and they’re following the rules,” she said of the
people who own and conduct business in the New York City area.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4474774-hochul-tells-ny-businesses-not-to-fear-about-trump-verdict-nothing-to-worry-about/

Even the New York Times agreed that it could not find a single case in
history where this statute was used against an individual or a company
that did not commit a criminal offense, go bankrupt, or leave financial
victims.

The combination of the draconian fine and the threshold deposit for
appeal has produced a shudder throughout the New York business
community. The city is already experiencing an exodus of businesses and
individuals from the top tax brackets. Rising crime, taxes, and
eat-the-rich politics have made New York a hostile environment for
businesses. At a time with rising costs from undocumented migrants, even
Mayor Eric Adams is alarmed about the loss of his high earners.

The case brought by Attorney General Letitia James was unnerving for
many. James previously sought to dissolve the National Rifle Association
and campaigned on bagging Trump on some unnamed offense. The ecstasy
expressed by many in the city reinforced the image of a thrill-kill
chase around the island of Manhattan, like a corporate version of “Lord
of the Flies.”

But the best that politicians like Hochul and Adams can offer is that
you have nothing to fear from confiscatory actions unless you are Trump
in New York.

Which is precisely why this decision should be overturned.

What is clear is that this case would never have been brought, let alone
result in this massive fine, except for politics.

For example, if you are the NRA, James will seek your destruction for
financial irregularities, but if you are Black Lives Matter or Al
Sharpton’s National Action Network, there is little real risk in such
controversies.

If the only protection in New York is the discretion of figures like
James, few businesses would relish the future. The message is that you
can expect blind and equal justice so long as you don’t run afoul of the
Democrats in power.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/opinion/democrats-weaponized-justice-system-to-punish-trump-in-business-case/

Noah Sombrero

Feb 21, 2024, 12:25:29 PMFeb 21
Who needs judges to decide things. We have o'leary to tell us
what'swhat.

>O’Leary argued the decision against Trump is unjust, and that what the
>former president and Trump Organization were accused of happens all the
>time in New York real estate deals.

Oh, I see, this is thehill & nypost talking. Figgers.
--
Noah Sombrero