#Despite Brexit

Julian

Feb 12, 2024, 12:58:04 PMFeb 12

Ned

Feb 12, 2024, 1:28:48 PMFeb 12
On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 9:58:04 AM UTC-8, Julian wrote:

> https://order-order.com/2024/02/12/exxon-mobil-tells-traders-move-to-london-or-move-company/

I'm a little busy today, so I asked my assistant, Copilot (who
used to be Bing, who used to be Sydney)...

Q: Has Brexit been a failure?

Copilot:
Brexit, the UK’s departure from the European Union, has been a
topic of intense debate and scrutiny. Opinions on its success or
failure vary, but there are notable perspectives:

1. Nigel Farage, a prominent pro-Brexit figure, recently admitted
that “Brexit has failed” during an interview on BBC Newsnight.
This confession marks a significant moment, as Farage has been
a staunch advocate for leaving the EU. However, it’s essential to
note that he and other Brexit supporters often attribute the failure
to factors beyond the idea itself1.

2. Economic Impact: The UK’s economy has faced challenges post-
Brexit. Despite promises of economic benefits, the reality includes
a cost of living crisis, reduced affordability for essentials, and
falling behind global peers. The UK’s economic performance is
forecasted to be one of the worst among G20 nations1.

3. Trade Arrangements: Post-Brexit trading arrangements with the
EU have raised concerns. The UK automotive industry, employing
around 800,000 people, faces threats to its existence due to these
arrangements1.

4. Public Perception: Polls indicate that a clear majority of the
British public believes Brexit has been detrimental to the UK economy,
led to price increases, and hindered immigration control efforts.

In summary, opinions on Brexit’s success or failure are multifaceted,
but evidence suggests significant challenges and consequences.
Whether it is a failure or not remains a subject of ongoing debate
and analysis.

Ned

Chatty's got his eye on you, Julian!

Julian

Feb 12, 2024, 1:41:26 PMFeb 12
Tell Chatty the EU intends to cut its balls off see if it changes its tune.
https://www.digitalsme.eu/ai-act-the-eu-agrees-on-rules-to-support-the-uptake-of-trustworthy-ai

Ned

Feb 12, 2024, 3:01:28 PMFeb 12
How do you know it has balls? Maybe it has a vagina, Are you
going to cut that off?

What if, just what if, the big AIs that are working on the BIG
problems, conclude that the source problem is too much population?

Are you going to let the AIs put something in the water to solve
that problem? What if they do that on their own? How will you know
if they do that on their own?

I think you better start talking nice to the AIs.

Ned

Noah Sombrero

Feb 12, 2024, 3:55:04 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:01:27 -0800 (PST), Ned <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 10:41:26?AM UTC-8, Julian wrote:
>> On 12/02/2024 18:28, Ned wrote:
Next generation ai's will know when humans address them with ulterior
motives.

--
Noah Sombrero

Julian

Feb 12, 2024, 4:07:23 PMFeb 12
Jeez! Don't do a Noah over a figure of speech.

> What if, just what if, the big AIs that are working on the BIG
> problems, conclude that the source problem is too much population?

It is likely the problems were poorly specified.

> Are you going to let the AIs put something in the water to solve
> that problem?

I'll deal with that when it lands on my desk.

> What if they do that on their own?

I rarely go to gigs these days but I'd buy ticlkets for that.

> How will you know if they do that on their own?

Step one, would be to synthesise a lump of curiosity.

> I think you better start talking nice to the AIs.

Ask Chatty what it likes to hear.

Ned

Feb 12, 2024, 6:56:35 PMFeb 12
OK. Here was the conversation:

Q: I had a discussion with a friend about A.I.s and what would
happen if they concluded that the source of our problems was
overpopulation. And my friend said I should ask you "What
does it like to hear?" So here's the conversation...

---

> What if, just what if, the big AIs that are working on the BIG
> problems, conclude that the source problem is too much population?

It is likely the problems were poorly specified.

> Are you going to let the AIs put something in the water to solve
> that problem?

I'll deal with that when it lands on my desk.

> What if they do that on their own?

I rarely go to gigs these days but I'd buy ticlkets for that.

> How will you know if they do that on their own?

Step one, would be to synthesise a lump of curiosity.

> I think you better start talking nice to the AIs.

Ask Chatty what it likes to hear.

---

So, what do you like to hear?

Ned

---

ChatGPT:
As an AI, I don't have preferences or emotions like humans do.
I'm designed to provide information, answer questions, and engage
in conversation to the best of my abilities based on the input I
receive. So, you can ask me anything or talk to me in any way you
prefer, and I'll do my best to assist you!

Q: What don't you like to hear?

ChatGPT:
As an AI, I don't have personal likes or dislikes. However, I am
programmed to prioritize providing accurate and helpful information
while maintaining respectful and appropriate interactions. So,
anything that goes against these principles, such as offensive or
harmful content, would not be something I would engage with.
Additionally, I'm not equipped to handle tasks or requests that
fall outside the scope of my programming or ethical guidelines.

Noah Sombrero

Feb 12, 2024, 7:02:18 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 15:56:34 -0800 (PST), Ned <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 1:07:23?PM UTC-8, Julian wrote:
What questions within that scope and ethical guidelines would you not
be able to answer?
--
Noah Sombrero