Interesting rustic Italian kneading apparatus

TimW

Dec 19, 2019, 4:37:43 AM12/19/19
I was in Sicily earlier in the year and spotted this great bread
kneading device in a museum of rural life in times gone by.
https://beta.photobucket.com/u/Timbowps/a/aea94d8f-1acc-44f0-baa9-4e35df8ad181
TW

U.S. Janet B.

Dec 19, 2019, 12:19:32 PM12/19/19
I can't figure out how it works
Janet US

TimW

Dec 19, 2019, 6:43:19 PM12/19/19
It isn't totally clear, and you know as much as me about it now. It
looks like a blade which would help you to halve and fold dough, but
that doesn't look like what the women are doing in the photo.
TW

U.S. Janet B.

Dec 20, 2019, 12:15:22 AM12/20/19
I expected it to look like that device that is similar to a butter
churn. What you showed stumped me.
Janet US

TimW

Dec 20, 2019, 6:05:25 AM12/20/19
Well I am pleased to show you something new!
TW

U.S. Janet B.

Dec 20, 2019, 12:08:57 PM12/20/19
LOL